Kc-Trouble

Stick users

Post by Kc-Trouble »

dose anyone have a suggested setup(s for 10 speed and 15/18 speed trans

please help if you can!
Gugernoot215

Re: Stick users

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I'm using a corsair scimitar elite with the side buttons bound to the key pad and then the indicator, gear and light controls are bound to the key pad.
That is until I get a wheel, shifter, pedals and joysticks.
I believe you are talking about people with shifters but that is all I have to contribute.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

I'm using the g29 in combination with the h-shifter.
To get more than 6 gears, I use the extra gears mod, that let's you shift gears in sets of 6 or 8
(So your gear groupings will be 1-6/7-12/13-18 for a 6 gear box/shifter, or 1-8/9-18 for an 8 gear shifter. Reverse gear on the shifters not included, as atleast for the h-shifter you'd end up with only one if that was used)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Motologist

Post by Motologist »

I use the same setup as Noraf via a Logitech G920 plus an add on gear knob with two switches. I use the Extra Gears mod as well. I edited several truck transmission XML files to have six gears plus two ranges (for 12-speed transmissions) or three ranges (for 18-speed transmissions). You could do the same for a 10/15 speed with five gears on the main box across two or three ranges.

Alternatively, you keep all gears on the main box, then set the splitter switches to turn the +6 and +12 from the Extra Gears mod on and off. I don't use this method because I use tractors that have main boxes plus an auxiliary; I like a setup that works for both trucks and tractors. I assign the +6/+12 of the Extra Gears mod to buttons on my wheel for tractors with 6+ speed powershift transmissions.