Waving water

Dim67

Waving water

Post by Dim67 »

Hi, I have a question about the following:

I am playing on a perfectly flat mod map that has a map-size water-plain just below the surface. There are a lot of ditches all over the map which exposes the water. Unfortunately the water is rippling, which to me looks unnatural, I rather have the water just be static.

I cant find anything in the map's i3d file waterplain to change this, the plain just has the Attribute OnCreatewater (or something to that effect) and you can check the collision on and off etc, but thats it.

Anyone have knowledge of how water works in GE or point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
herrman

Re: Waving water

Post by herrman »

There should be a water shader, an XML file recalled in map's XML. Now I'm not at the PC so I cannot help much more
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks