Silo keeps refilling itself

Dim67

Silo keeps refilling itself

Post by Dim67 »

I am on Pallegney. I had put 48k of mustard into the farm silo. I then took out a trailer full to dump in the cheese-maker right next to it. I then noticed the farm silo fill back the 48k mustard. So no matter how much I take out, it stays at 48k.
So whats going on here?
Ekan

Re: Silo keeps refilling itself

Post by Ekan »

You should probably be asking MA7 this. They have a discord.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Medival

Post by Medival »

The map has many bugs, from strange things happening in the fields to precision farming not working properly. Today I wanted to sell silage at a biogas plant and even though according to the price list it is available as a "store", I cannot sell it and the icons are not visible. You have to buy the entire biogas plant area. Great map with great potential, needs an update.
MK_McD

Post by MK_McD »

Dim67 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:26 am I am on Pallegney. I had put 48k of mustard into the farm silo. I then took out a trailer full to dump in the cheese-maker right next to it.
Wait, the silo is right next to the production site? If a silo is too close to a production site, what you are experiencing can happen.
LS-Lara

Post by LS-Lara »

Dim67 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:26 am So whats going on here?
Adding to what MK_McD already mentioned, there is some really strange interaction between the farm silo and the "cheese maker" production going on here. Despite of the configurations seem to be correct to me, apparently they do share their storage somehow. So when you take mustard from the silo and dump it into the production, it ends up in the same total storage again.

Also, even more weird, once you start the production point and there is some mustard inside the silo, it will start "upgrading" itself to it's maximum mustard capacity in certain reproducible steps based on the silo amout, but without actually taking anything out of the silo. As long as there is any mustard in the silo, the production will keep generating "virtual mustard" for it's production! So the fill level displayed in the production screen is always 10000 + silo level. Fascinating :confusednew: !

To overcome this issue, you can edit the placeable silo "siloFerme1.xml": in "silo" > "storages" change "isExtension=" from "true" to "false".
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 C16 XMP 2.0
Samsung NVMe M.2 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Logitech G203 Prodigy
Logitech Wireless F710
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

To overcome this issue, you can edit the placeable silo "siloFerme1.xml": in "silo" > "storages" change "isExtension=" from "true" to "false".

Ah yes I should have thought of that, thanks!
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

This has been a thing since launch....if a silo is close to a production the silo will extend the input and use the silo as storage. A while back I had all my productions surrounding my silo and just tipped into the silo....its cheaty but awesome lol