Anybody else get bored of success?

raymondeubanks

Anybody else get bored of success?

Post by raymondeubanks »

Maybe bored isnt the right word, but it seems all my games follow a pattern:

I start from literally nothing and slowly work my way up to better and better equipment until somewhere around year 2 or 3 i get my first big lump of cash...

...and i quit the map. Im not really bored, but maybe intimidated by suddenly having huge fields or no real money worries anymore that i cant figure out what to do next.
Lexie

Re: Anybody else get bored of success?

Post by Lexie »

Yes, I know that feeling. The start of a new farm gives the most fun, trying new/different equipment, trying other crops.
I even can start over and over again on same map but doing different things.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

That's exactly how it is for me. I start from the lowest possible point, then grind to the point of success, then restart.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Sounds kinda like my games too. I've tried to optimize for income per in game time. (Not real time) Playing with the start from scratch settings with hard economy, high fuel consumption and all that.

Game 1: Figured I could run contracts to get any amount of money. Basically farmed every field on the map even though I only owned a few.
Game 2: Refused myself to do contracts, but with forestry I could get tons of money fast.
Game 3: No contracts, not allowing much forestry, not allowing other easy no-work incomes. Hard economy.. At least make the games last a while before I get a good amount of cash..

I think next game I'll try to find other goals..
Hendrik7716
Globaler Moderator

Post by Hendrik7716 »

My play-style is small farms.
Gaining money and upgrading equipment while still trying to remain as small-scale as possible is difficult, and I tend to outgrow the size that I prefer to play at, so I certainly recognise the "quitting to start over at about year 2-3" deal.

The only ever exception to that rule in any Farming Simulator title so far has been the Silverrun Forest map.
I set a goal to complete the rollercoaster, working small(ish)-scale and slowly building my way up to owning all of the required productions which took me close to 9 months in real-life time, and I ended up with just over a million Euros cash by the time the rollercoaster got completed.
I quit the map after a couple of rollercoaster rides and started over on another map, back to basics with small equipment once again. :mrgreen:
"Tomorrow is secured by those willing to dirty their hands today."
FS titles I own: FS16, FS17, FS19, FS22, FS23, FS Kids.
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

Dont know if this is of any help but what ive started doing is playing as though ive bought the farm on a mortgage so takeout a large bank loan ie £1,500,000-£2,000,000. But the way i differentiate is i can only make one repayment per year. 1st payment 12months after start etc. I have to repay a minimum of 10% up to a maximum of 20% so it will take 5-10 years to pay off. It means on a £1,500,000 loan i get charged approx £12,000 per in game day so i have to make that £12,000 per day just to break even. It adds a new challenge for me, for example im 3 years into one particular save and i still havent had the chance to grow soybeans because the best price isnt until the year after harvest and i need the cash now. Also at the end of the year when the payment is due i have to work out whether its bettter to repay more loan or improve equipment/land
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

Another save i have, on fs19, i do the same mortgage thing as above but i have a pig farm so the crops i grow are predominently for feed (no feed purchasing allowed) so im restricted as to how much crop i can sell, meaning the pig breeding is 90% of my income every year until i can buy more fields. Adds a different challenge
Eische

Post by Eische »

I don't care about (realistic) money (making). I don't want to grind my way up starting with small equipment.
There is just not enough time in my day to spend on stupid grinding for money to upgrade my machinery.

On starting a new map, I already have a plan for it.
Currently I'm waiting for the update on Takapajula map. I already explored the map and made a plan.
I will start out as a sheep farmer with doing small sized forestry during winter. Starting machinery will already be decent size enabling me to efficiently do my jobs and work my ~50 hectare land. Later purchases will just be for further improvement. Starting fields are quite small on this map. So my job will be to clear forest and convert into farmland for even more sheeps, more efficient field layouts and re-planting forest areas.
Starting out with a harvester attachment for the tractor, doing 5-6m sized logs loaded to a tractor pulled trailer, I will eventually move to a dedicated tree harvester cutting 15m logs transported by truck. My wood usage business will switch from just selling to making woodchips, pellets, boards, ...
I like to spend time doing stuff on my own. Spending 2 hrs just to clear a patch of forest? No problem. I play FS22 to relax. And can only relax if I'm using the machinery I want to use at that time. Not enough money to buy? I will just cheat it.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Bored after success? For me there no "win" in this game, its all about taking care of ur fields, harvest, animals and drive tractors, so thats endless for me. But I can be bored of a map after 500+ hrs or so.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
FenlandFarmer

Post by FenlandFarmer »

I dont have enough time to play to get bored . what happens to me is a New map comes out and then I get caried away and change again
herrman

Post by herrman »

The only savegame I could get bored of is on Silverrun: once you own the whole lodgepole pine forest, all of the factories, the 3 fields and complete both rollercoaster and "some" sailers, what would you do? Wait for the other trees to grow? Different thing would be if there was the chance of using the libraries to develop more sophisticated machines, like some bigger yarders. But, that's it, the worst investment 4 me
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Ekan wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:41 pm Bored after success? For me there no "win" in this game, its all about taking care of ur fields, harvest, animals and drive tractors, so thats endless for me. But I can be bored of a map after 500+ hrs or so.
This is so true.
If the map doesn't capture me within 12-15 hours, I'll change maps, but I can stay for hundreds of hours on a map, running the same gear most of the time, maybe bought a new tractor, or upgraded a combine if I have grown a lot in operation, but mostly I keep to what I set up the farmeith from start.
To give me a little challenge I often have multi million loan, and an increased interest rate.

If I think I make to much, I either alter the loan and interest, or I change what I do a little, but most of the time I have a nice balance. I also play on 3x timescale and 3day/month. That means that I might risk not getting all the planned crops into the ground, or might not make the harvest. Or that I need to change the plans for what to grow to compensate for unforseen incidents, like bad weather
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Generally my goal is to own everything on the map, after that I move to other map, unless I really like it(like Carpathian Countryside). I usually start with 6m equipment, than work my way up to bigger stuff. At the end I usually have 3-4 400 hp+ tractors, 12 m+ equipment, 1-2 largest combines with largest headers, 2-3 trucks etc...As for early game money I always have some sort of generator, like solar panels or wind turbines. Latter on I focus on quick money making factories like grain mill(I sell flour) or iron ore mine(platinum DLC). If I need money quickly wood chips are the best since Platinum DLC, at January they make more money than most crops.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
combine2988

Post by combine2988 »

What i do is go to the modhub and i close my eyes and i randomly pick a map and i play that map with no mods only DLC's (well if there is a mod i really need i'll load it in) The map i landed on is called Thornton 22 Revamp so far im having fun, and i'll play the maps until i get successful then move on because i'm not one for sticking to one map i tried and i get burnt out
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Nah, can't relate :-) I'm 11 seasons into my savegame on Rennebu. Make it hard enough and u will never feel the sweet taste of success. Still driving an relatively old john Deere (from about 1997), and an old combine. If you succed in 2-3 years you definitely make it too easy for yourselves :-)
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding