Game keeps erasing my maps.

FarmFranzy

Game keeps erasing my maps.

Post by FarmFranzy »

Hi, I play on my MacBook Air and it is impossible for me to have a map played for longer than about 2 years. It is getting frustrated, it starts with the game freezing and when I restart the game, the whole save is gone forever 2 out of 3 times. It so far happened on SunnySide, Old Stream Farm, Edgewater, American Falls, Haute Byleron, Mars, No Mans Land, Korpi ah well basicly every map I play so its not a map causing it. Its getting frustrating because I want to finaly have an established map but I never get far enough. I also tried to play without any mods to see if that causes it, but it also gets deleted.

I not long ago deleted the whole game from my system, but some saved maps were still there so obviously I failed in reinstalling it completely (I have no idea how as there is no uninstall function as far as I know). I did because I saw my game made two icons in the dock all the time and suspected there was some conflict issues with that. Game crashed less after that, but the map deleting stayed.

Is anyone else having this issue as well? I really dont like playing anymore if all my work gets undone in a minute or so. Any help on fully delete the game from my system to reinstall brandnew will do as well.
LS-Lara

Re: Game keeps erasing my maps.

Post by LS-Lara »

Anything in the LOG file?

What does it mean that the whole savegame is "gone forever"? The folder gets deleted and also the backups or what exactly happens?
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 C16 XMP 2.0
Samsung NVMe M.2 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Logitech G203 Prodigy
Logitech Wireless F710
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

You should be able to find a savegameBackup folder somewhere on your Mac -- I'm not a Mac user so I don't know where that would be in Finder -- and that should contain the saveGame(s) just before you started the current save, the one that probably failed.

Are you using Steam ClodeSave? -- I am and I'm currently struggling with cloud backup that deletes one or more files from saveGame17 -- could be similar?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Tiredasagiraffe

Post by Tiredasagiraffe »

On macOS Sonoma your savegames are located here:
/Users/username/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator2022
Delete the whole folder to removed all data related to game settings and saves.

Steam will install to:
/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22
Uninstalling via Steam should remove this folder but it doesn't hurt to check.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

FarmFranzy wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:36 am Hi, I play on my MacBook Air and it is impossible for me to have a map played for longer than about 2 years. It is getting frustrated, it starts with the game freezing and when I restart the game, the whole save is gone forever 2 out of 3 times. It so far happened on SunnySide, Old Stream Farm, Edgewater, American Falls, Haute Byleron, Mars, No Mans Land, Korpi ah well basicly every map I play so its not a map causing it. Its getting frustrating because I want to finaly have an established map but I never get far enough. I also tried to play without any mods to see if that causes it, but it also gets deleted.

I not long ago deleted the whole game from my system, but some saved maps were still there so obviously I failed in reinstalling it completely (I have no idea how as there is no uninstall function as far as I know). I did because I saw my game made two icons in the dock all the time and suspected there was some conflict issues with that. Game crashed less after that, but the map deleting stayed.

Is anyone else having this issue as well? I really dont like playing anymore if all my work gets undone in a minute or so. Any help on fully delete the game from my system to reinstall brandnew will do as well.
A long would be very helpful, see my signature for a how-to

There have also been a few mods on the interwebs that contains a malicious script that deletes savegames and mods......
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
FarmFranzy

Post by FarmFranzy »

LS-Lara wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:54 am Anything in the LOG file?

What does it mean that the whole savegame is "gone forever"? The folder gets deleted and also the backups or what exactly happens?
Sorry for late reply, I have really bad internet lately. But the game save is gone from the list where you can choose your saved game. Even if I saved it before, it is nowhere to be found, like it is completely deleted from the files. I will check on the advise for others where I can find log files etc. to see if it is somewhere to be found again. It only deletes it while playing in this saved game that gets deleted, not after you close it.
FarmFranzy

Post by FarmFranzy »

blue_painted wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:25 am You should be able to find a savegameBackup folder somewhere on your Mac -- I'm not a Mac user so I don't know where that would be in Finder -- and that should contain the saveGame(s) just before you started the current save, the one that probably failed.

Are you using Steam ClodeSave? -- I am and I'm currently struggling with cloud backup that deletes one or more files from saveGame17 -- could be similar?
I downloaded the game via the Giants website, so I play it directly from my OS. I dont think I use Steam Cloudsave, I have Steam installed but its not open.