Widescreen help!!!

Truckin_Ben

Widescreen help!!!

Post by Truckin_Ben »

Hey guys,

This is the first time i have posted but i have always played farming simulator since 2015 I'm obsessed with it :lol: anyway I've been a console player but this year I'm getting a pc. Now at present I'm on a gaming laptop Msi CYBORG 15 A12U as a stop gap while i build it.

And I've jus picked up new monitor for said computer and its 34" AOC Gaming ultrawide I've connected it to the laptop but i don't think its set right, now my question is see people saying there playing the gaming at higher resolution on widescreen than what is available for me which is 1920x1200(16:10).

Is this because it connected to the laptop and not a PC and the game doesn't know the difference so to speak and it only giving the options available the screen of the laptop it self.???? Now i am not a massively technical person and this is new for me is there a way to access it or shall be patient and just wait :lol:

thanks in advance.
:biggrin2: :wink3: :coolnew: :lol: :mrgreen: *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Earnest Pea

Re: Widescreen help!!!

Post by Earnest Pea »

I haven't looked up the specs for your laptop, but It's very likely that the laptop's graphics hardware can't support a resolution higher than 1920x1200. Assuming that your monitor will support a higher resolution, better graphics hardware will support it. In the case of your PC, just make sure your putting in a graphics card that can handle your monitors maximum resolution.

In my case, I wish I had gone for slightly better card. I bought a monitor that has a maximum resolution of 3840x2160. It runs fine at the resolution on the desktop, but as soon as the real work starts (Farming Sim, etc.), it suffers slightly. For farming sim, I have the resolution set to 1920x1040 and it runs very smoothly. If I had to do it over again, I would either have bought an HD (1920x1080) monitor, or put a better card in the machine (which I will eventually do).
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

you should be able to get a higher resolution on the monitor than the laptop screen, but you will have to try different windows display settings to get it to work. you could try making the monitor the only display, or you can choose extend display instead of duplicate for your second screen.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I looked up your laptop (Msi CYBORG 15 A12U). It has the Nvidia RTX 3050 6GB gpu, which should support up to 8K (7680x4320). If your connecting your monitor through the DisplayPort (1.4a) that will be limited to 4K (3840x2160). If your connecting through the HDMI (2.1) your limited to 4K at 120 Hz or 8K at 60 Hz.

Based on that, you should be able to set a resolution higher the 1920x1200. Some additional reading indicated that this hardware isn't ideal for gaming above HD (1920x1080) resolution. One reviewer desecribed higher resolutions as unplayable. What you consider unplayable is a personal matter.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Are your screens setting, set to duplicate instead to extend? In case it's set to duplicate, please change it to extend.
When screens are duplicated, the extra screen can not has a higher resolution then the laptopscreen as you duplicate your laptopscreen.
vlevandovski

Post by vlevandovski »

On PC I have 5120x1440 screen and the game allows me to select that resolution, so it should be something specific to your system.