Farm Production Pack DLC poll

Do you think the Farm Production Pack DLC deserves to be a paid content?

Poll runs till Sat May 11, 2024 12:20 pm

Yes
15%
No
75%
I'm undecided
10%

Total votes: 79

RODHA

Farm Production Pack DLC poll

Post by RODHA »

I just watched Daggerwin's video on the DLC and I'm really struggling to see anything in there that deserves a payment. Am I missing something? That is not a rhetorical question. I'm genuinely suprised that Giants labeled this content as a DLC and put a price tag on it. So, may be I'm really missing something obvious :hmm:
PS5 / FS22
Kamoore65536

Re: Farm Production Pack DLC poll

Post by Kamoore65536 »

My criteria for DLC's is that if it is NOT part of the season pass I will not purchase it.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
FarmingBucket

Post by FarmingBucket »

this has got to be the weakest DLC in the history of the game (at least since I've been playing it which was FS17)
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

How about the grime pack we got in an earlier version? That too was a 3rd party dlc.
Not used that a lot either, so can't asy much about it.
Not tried the new one, for obvious reasons, so can't comment on it either yet.

But in general, if the 3rd party dlcs are high quality, I'm all for it.
Straw harvest is still after all these years with us, and that too started out as a 3rd party dlc
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Noraf wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:53 pm Straw harvest is still after all these years with us, and that too started out as a 3rd party dlc
Agreed! But the contents and the functionality of the straw harvest are quite unique. Especially compared to this DLC.
PS5 / FS22
humbe

Post by humbe »

Haven't tested out a single non-free DLC. There's so many mods available for free, and quite a bit of functionality in base game. Feels strange to pay more than the base game price for a few extra bits.

Does any of them add anything that really ups the playing experience?
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

I’m getting it as it adds more to the game - whether i’ll end up using half of it is another thing.
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
Bucker81

Post by Bucker81 »

xlisa1986x wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:04 pm I’m getting it as it adds more to the game - whether i’ll end up using half of it is another thing.
Really?? I must be looking at a different dlc. It doesn’t add anything thats not already in the modhub. Anyone paying for this needs their head read
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Yea....let me pay $8 for stuff that's free in the modhub ....plot twist, the free mods actually work.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

I was undecided until I read Norafs post. I was swayed to yes. The Grimme dlc was a good dlc. I like the idea of third party dlcs keeping the game alive and bringing more specialized content to every platform is probably good going forward. Modders tend to be outside the box thinkers compared to giants. This gives us an option to buy what we want a d hopefully keeps giants working on the base game and its issues.
Siloam

Post by Siloam »

Totally agreed with Rico. I think whats rolled out so far is great, and like with al dlcs even the ones from giants at Anny point can be seen as useless for someone thats not interested in the things. On the forehand a lot from the straw harvest was in the modhub, but i would still pay for the dlc. Its worth encouraging the amazing work from the makers. I never used the vineyard tractors but still i love thats in my game. All the models look amazing and seem build proper, cant wait to have the options in my arsenal
Bucker81

Post by Bucker81 »

Siloam wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:52 pm Totally agreed with Rico. I think whats rolled out so far is great, and like with al dlcs even the ones from giants at Anny point can be seen as useless for someone thats not interested in the things. On the forehand a lot from the straw harvest was in the modhub, but i would still pay for the dlc. Its worth encouraging the amazing work from the makers. I never used the vineyard tractors but still i love thats in my game. All the models look amazing and seem build proper, cant wait to have the options in my arsenal

Alot from straw harvest was already in game?. Sorry i gotta disagree, as a console player that is. … and im not even a fan of that mod.

I absolutely agree. Off course modders and plcs make the game. But the sheer lack of effort that seems to have been put into this one. Simple fact is, alot of it doesn’t make sense, certainly things are literally broken and cannot be used.
By all means encourage, but not for the sake of it.
Sapper_DJ

Post by Sapper_DJ »

I love to watch the forum, not toxic in the slightest. All the "free" mod comments; they aren't free, they cost someone time, electrictity etc. Modding isn't easy and some times I wish all mods had a cost, then maybe people would appreciate the time, effort and resources modders put into them.

Instead of bashing a modder's work, why not just say to yourself 'I don't want that, I won't buy it' and move on. I'm with xlisa1986x, I'm buying it as it adds items that are not already there in the mod section. Are there bugs? Yes but will they be fixed by launch? Who knows, but let's not forget even the most loved community modders have bugs in thier mods on release.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Sapper_DJ wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:35 am I love to watch the forum, not toxic in the slightest. All the "free" mod comments; they aren't free, they cost someone time, electrictity etc. Modding isn't easy and some times I wish all mods had a cost, then maybe people would appreciate the time, effort and resources modders put into them.

Instead of bashing a modder's work, why not just say to yourself 'I don't want that, I won't buy it' and move on. I'm with xlisa1986x, I'm buying it as it adds items that are not already there in the mod section. Are there bugs? Yes but will they be fixed by launch? Who knows, but let's not forget even the most loved community modders have bugs in thier mods on release.
What exactly are you even talking about? Or for our British friends, what are you on about? Their point is things in the dlc are the same or similar to the modhub free content. Can we not refer to the free content as free content any more? As for the dlc, I don’t care if your Santa Clause, if you start charging for something and I buy it from you and it doesn’t work you’re free game for criticism. Especially on a forum related to said product.
TopComet

Post by TopComet »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:50 pm My criteria for DLC's is that if it is NOT part of the season pass I will not purchase it.
I have a similar opinion myself, the only exception being the Volvo Krabat.