Steamdeck query

Cokey

Steamdeck query

Post by Cokey »

So i think im going to buy a steamdeck. For years ive wanted to play ets2 and ats but couldnt be bothered with the faff of a pc/laptop. The steamdeck looks like a good compromise for me. My question is, if i buy farming sim on steamdeck, could i use the pc type mods ie courseplay, follow me, maize plus etc?? Im aware the steamdeck uses linux rather than windows, does this prevent me using the aforementioned mods??
Gugernoot215

Re: Steamdeck query

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Get a desktop, my laptop is 200Mhz slower on both processors with cpu core temp getting around 90c, cooling for mobile devices isn't great.
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I play FS22 almost exclusively on my steamdeck. It works perfectly fine. You can add any mod to it as well. The file path is different than what you're probably used to but a quick Google search will solve that minor issue with how to go into desktop mode and move the file into your mods folder. I highly recommend it
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

Many thanks DMZ Commander. Gugernoot215, also thank you but the reason i dont want a pc or laptop is because i work 60-75 hours per week so free time is very limited. Im a switch on and play person, not a switch on, spend an hour updating, reconfiguring files and all that rubbish. I simply dont have the time. The steamdeck looks like a good halfway house so to speak. Also, i spend 4 nights a week in a lorry. Not a lot of room for a pc
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

100% get the steamdeck then. I work long overnight hours myself and bring it with me to work to farm (amongst other games) during down time. The steam store has disclaimers on the games for the level of compatibility with the steamdeck. Even so, Google and the steamdeck subreddit can guide you better as far as individual games.
As far as FS22 is concerned I have the L4, L5, R4, R5 buttons on the back mapped to the blinkers, hazards, and beacons for convenience. If you hold the steam button and hit X, it brings up the keyboard. You'll have to remap some bindings for the PC only mods as there is no F1-F12 nor a ctrl key. For example I have the EDC mod mapped to LShift and the ")" key and then the realistic repair mapped to LShift and the "-" key.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9