[HELPFUL INFORMATION] + Videos

JAndreassen

Re: [HELPFUL INFORMATION] + Videos

Post by JAndreassen »

Hi. Very nice videos. But I own the Bergmann forage wagon and loaded it with straw, but cant seem to empty it at the feeding trough for the cows. Bug?
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

Not sure if it is common knowledge or not but if you plant grass on a field and wait for it to fully mature to the 3rd ready to harvest stage(will be dark green like all other grass on the map) you get 50% more yield out of it than if you cut it as soon as it matures(light green first ready to harvest stage) I tried wheat and it doesnt matter what ready to harvest stage you cut it, you get the same yield.

I like the drivable Khun feeding thing for making mix food but it seems to short change you if you use round bales. I tossed one round bale in and it filled the machine to 4800 units(round bales are 6000 untis). I placed a second round bale in and it went to 9000 units. I then tried the same thing with the Khun profile feeding thing and it worked perfect, 6000 for each round bale I put into it. (square bales are 4200 incase anyone was wondering)

I think it has been mentioned already but you dont need the shredder, you can use one of the other two mixers. Instead of making a mix, just use straw(square or round bales) and unload it into the feeding trough near the liquid manure dispenser.( I am not 100% sure about this but I can only assume it works since I never used a shredder and I had all the cow things full and 100% productivity.)

I also noticed when using the 4 rotor windrower, if I make 2 full rows with it then combine those two rows into one I lose yield in the end.(I havnt tested this too much.)

When using the 15m sowing machine, amazone condor 15001. You dont need to coultivate. The 15m sowing machine, amazone condor 15001 can plant in tilled or untilled soil. If you buy the right sowing machines. There is no need for a plow or coultivator, unless you want to plant corn or beets.(Havnt played around with potatoes yet)

Finally, if anyone was wondering, the fertilizer you buy doesnt seem to do anything for grass that you plant.
traveler159

Post by traveler159 »

JAndreassen wrote:Hi. Very nice videos. But I own the Bergmann forage wagon and loaded it with straw, but cant seem to empty it at the feeding trough for the cows. Bug?
Yes, that is the only trailer that wont unload straw in the cow pen.
Can you believe that I played FS2011 on hard for years and never used fertilizer?

Only to learn that fertilizers double the yield in FS2013 AND FS2011!

True story!
sescho

Post by sescho »

Great work.I like your video series.It shows so much passion for this game.
Meiska

Post by Meiska »

This is silverdraggin (from commenting on your youtube vids). I just want to say how super helpful your how to vids have been. I don't have any helpful tips though. Not yet anyways.
Metz

Post by Metz »

Posting here by request..:

Here is my figures for feeding the cows (difficulty: Normal)

50 cows need in a 6 days period.:

Mixed rations: 99.000 - Tip... Use square bales for the mixer. 1 straw bale and 1 hay bale and top up with silage = perfect ratio.
Silage.........: 49.000 - Round bales are bigger (6000) but is reduced to 4800 in the mixer = loss of 1200 material.
Moved grass.: 54.000
Straw.........: 30.000

Twice a day they produce (as far as I've seen)
About 15.000 milk, sold for 12.000

Total material in 6 days: 232.000
Total income in 6 days.: 144.000 + manure

Income pr. material used = 620 pr 1000 units.... Its about the same as a good price for barley, but with much more effort and investments.
wc5b

Post by wc5b »

Thanks for the videos. Thought I might let you in on something I found. The corn harvester that you pull behind a tractor with a trailer. You mentioned that if you don't turn it off and your trailer is full that it keeps chopping. I found out today by doing this on mistake that you can go back over the area and get the yield back. The spots missed will be a darker color.
tater salad

Post by tater salad »

These videos have been very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to put them all together.
xtitan1

Post by xtitan1 »

These videos helped me get started and now I recommend them to people who watch my stream and want to learn the basics!

BTW here are some things I have learned that were not covered in the basics videos (just so there's no redundancy):

*Silage at the biogas plant can be sold in the chomper at the other side of the long chutes where you put the silage. This earns money and fills the liquid fertilizer tank which you can fill up at for free.

*You can also sell eggs at the farmer's market, not just in the city

*You don't have to follow roads, you can just drive straight off mountains and go flying through the air and you won't spill anything out of your tipper. If you loaded bales or pallets onto a bail wagon, however, those might go flying but I haven't tested this yet.

*The blue KRAMER KL 200s that you start with are able to take the yellow mower attachment, you just can't fold it up. Simply leave it unfolded as you transit to the mowing mission sites. I have three KRAMERs with a mower each, one at each of the three mission sites (one at the campground, and two at the golf course). This works great with the 2 minute mission frequency trick.

*Buying fields before you are able to very efficiently work the fields you have is a bad idea. You will spend most of your time working the fields and less of your time earning any actual money. I would buy 15 and combine with 16, but stop there until you have a decent sower/cultivator combo and maybe a better harvester.

*Crops pretty much get you the same amount of money per hectare. Canola sells at a higher price, but its low yield means in the end, for the same amount of field, they both sell about the same. The best strategy seems to be varying your crops and saving them in the silos until they are in great demand. The more variety in your silos, the more frequently you will be receiving cash. The more frequently you receive cash, the earlier you can invest in new means of making money, and the effect spirals upwards.

*Play with a friend, it's infinitely more fun
Sheaperd

Post by Sheaperd »

I Just have to post and say THANK YOU you videos were so helpful. Frankly way better then the included game tutorials there should be a link from that page to this topic srsly super helpful man thank you so much for taking the time to make this videos!
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

wc5b wrote:Thanks for the videos. Thought I might let you in on something I found. The corn harvester that you pull behind a tractor with a trailer. You mentioned that if you don't turn it off and your trailer is full that it keeps chopping. I found out today by doing this on mistake that you can go back over the area and get the yield back. The spots missed will be a darker color.
I noticed the same thing. I also noticed that this harvester is a MAJOR pain in the ass to drive :). Scrounged up 300K for the Big X 1000, and it's a million times better, especially with two of the green tippers behind it - which it fills up in minutes!
CoreSaturn

Post by CoreSaturn »

Thanks for all the helpful videos! They are great.

I have one question that i hope you can answer for me. How come every time i harvest my crops after spraying them do i not get a big harvest? I do it exactly how you do it in your videos with the time scale set and everything as you do. Only once or twice have i had a big harvest where my harvester is full after a few seconds of harvesting the rest of the times it could take a minute before its full because i did not get the double harvest. Is there any reason as to why its not working? Is it random when it occurs or is it supposed to be every time you spray it that you get double the harvest? As i say it has worked maybe twice out of 30 times that I've done it.
Tath

Post by Tath »

The harvester being full after a few seconds is a bug where you get insane yield. It usually takes a while for harvesters to get full. Try not fertilizing once, and your crop will not give you much.I've got the second harvester, and it usually needs to go between two and three times down a "beginner" field with barley or wheat before it is full.
CoreSaturn

Post by CoreSaturn »

Oh, didn't know it was a bug. Yeah it was an insane yield now that i think of it. Thank you for confirming this.
Execration

Post by Execration »

This might be common but thought I would throw it out there anyways:

If you can't afford the huge machines/equipment yet, you can hire multiple workers to sow, cultivate, harvest. Early on I combined fields 15 and 16, it was so big I wound up running 3 harvesters (the $22k ones), 2 $22k cultivators, and 4 sowers (the cheap $4500 ones). Sure you pay labor, but you get it done way faster; the faster you cultivate/sow a field = the faster you get plants = faster money.