Mod request - large volume feed mixer

Top Soil

Mod request - large volume feed mixer

Post by Top Soil »

I would like to request a mod for a large volume feed mixer that can be permanently placed at the cow trough.

The idea would be a placeable structure with either an auger pit, or a large hopper with a built in ramp you could drive up with a lizard and back up with a bale stacker. Volume should be around 230-250k (so it could take a load of 18 straw bales, 18 hay bales, and equivelent silage to make the mix ratio correct).

Given that the game mechanics seem to require something be a vehicle in order to operate something, not 100% sure this could work as a structure. I've also done some internet skimming and not found that what I'm after actually exists. Most of the mixers I see are available as stationary things rather than vehicles, but it's the same mixer - and none of them seem to be as large scale as what I'm after.

I did find this truck, which looks like it's mixer is about double the size of current ones -- a 50k volume mixer vehicle like this would also be very nice to have.

http://www.jaylor.com/english/mixers/truck-mounts.htm
Col.Neville

Re: Mod request - large volume feed mixer

Post by Col.Neville »

i looked at doing the same thing. started with trying to convert the potato and sugar beet bldg witht the conveyors to hold dry_grass_windrow on one side and wheat barley windrow on the other so you could just pull under the conveyors and load the wagon or use the front end loader to scoop and load so you wouldnt have to mess with bales anymore. but then you have to add a bunch more forage planes to the front end loader etc. i wound up just getting the ballengabel_tl bale fork for the agrovector mod and changin the capacity on the spv12 to 250k.
Punnikin

Re: Mod request - large volume feed mixer

Post by Punnikin »

What would be ideal would be something along the lines of a converted biogas facility, but you fill one bunker with silage, one with hay, one with straw, and each are fed into the large hopper and mixed properly, perhaps with grain elevators or some such. All you'd have to do is provide the chaff and ferment it, as well as loose hay and straw in the proper proportions.
Once the proper mix is achieved, it is stored in one of the large domes and fed to the cows in whatever increments you choose.