two rivers questions

Nina

two rivers questions

Post by Nina »

just a few questions about the two rivers map. first let me say GREAT map. thought all the better equipment it starts you with was going to be too easy.. untill I realized I had crops getting ready to wither already and had to harvest 6 fields NOW...

okay question time.
1. what are the red numbers on the map for? I suspect with all the trees that this map may support forrestry but I dont know
2. can someone please give me a translation guide for this map or a translated version?
3. do the bigger bodies or water act like the big river on the default map, where I can fill water from them for free?
4. if this map DOES support forrestry mods, how DO I do forrestry. if it doesnt, then ignore this question

well, thats all I have, thanks for any help I get. and like I said. this is a GREAT map and I highly recomend it to everyone
Top Soil

Re: two rivers questions

Post by Top Soil »

Hey Nina - you'll probably get better answers, but thought I'd toss out a few quick ones before logging.

For translations, http://translate.google.com.au/ works quite well.

However, off the top of my head --
Muhle - mill
Ohlmuhle - canola oil mill (the waterwheel one with the red barrels of Rapsol out front, just west of the Muhle/Mill)
Brauerei - Brewery (barley only)
Bahnhof - train station
Pferdehof - horses (I think it takes one particular grain - it's not another animal husbandry thing)
Spinnerei - spinner, i.e. wool
Schaf - sheep
Kuhe - cows
Gasthaus - inn (top of the hill)
BGA - yeah
Hof - court (your farmstead)
Bauer Helmut - your buddy!
Raiffeisen - don't know, but nothing there of much use if I remember. Perhaps a place to dump grass, like a golf course.
Gartnerei means nursery - but I'm not sure what goes there. Is a dropoff place I think but I haven't tested what it accepts

Questions 1, 3, 4 = I dunno but doubt forestry mods.
isycz

Post by isycz »

Hijacking thread a little but I wanted to add that, on my map at least, there appears to be an issue with feeding straw to cows - it is not accepted. It is a great map, I particularly like that collision detection has been turned off for a lot of the landscape. Less realism for more enjoyable play (less frustrating because one need not be constantly resetting vehicles and equipment).
Nina

Post by Nina »

I agree about the trees. and thanks much for the translations. the more info I can get the better. I am sure I am not the only person to have questions about this great map. hopefully we can get enough information to make this the thread that everyone looks to for info on this map
Cpt.Ass
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by Cpt.Ass »

I havent tried the final version of the map yet, but in the last one the trees wasnt "there".. You simply just drive thru the trees.. Sadly, so i hope they have worked out to make the tractor etc stop when you ram a tree.

For the translation just go on google translate like the rest of us non german :)

And i dont know anything about water or forestry mods..
Steam: mikerowe666 - feel free to add me.
Bayta

Post by Bayta »

I'm guessing that the red numbers are harvestable grass fields. The pdf in the zip file says there are 22 grasslands and there are 22 red numbers corresponding to grassy areas so...
Nina

Post by Nina »

mabey the numbers the grass fields. as for the trees... DONT make those solid! unless it is needed for tree farming. the biggest complaints are trees being solid. I think the solid trees would be a problem with this map because of some of the tighter forrest trails. I have already snagged trailers in the lot, I would hate to see them trying to manuver the dirt trails.
KMVastro

Post by KMVastro »

Yes, the red numbers are for the grass fields.

Each normal crop has one location which buys for better value:
Wheat: Muele (Mill)
Barley: Stiegl Brauerei (Brewery)
Canola: Oelmuehle (oil mill)
Corn: Pferdehof (horse yard)
Potatoes: Gasthaus (Inn on the hill)
Sugar Beets: Gueterbahnhof (freight yard)

The Raiffeisenmarkt (village market) will buy all 6 crops, but at lower price.
Nina

Post by Nina »

good to know. thanks
dakipro

Post by dakipro »

Hi, I purchased game trough Steam service, when I try to use Two Rivers map, it starts loading and comes to the "3 images" screen, and after 10-20 seconds sand clocks stop rotating and game freezes... I think this also happens with "CONTINENTALDRIFT_LS09_LS11_LS13.zip" map.
Is it known thing or does someone has any advice about what I can do to play this awesome map?

Thanks in advance
isycz

Post by isycz »

The game log file might give you some clue. It may have errors listed. It is likely there are different instances of the map depending on where you acquire it from. Mine loads without error.
Nina

Post by Nina »

mine gets to a point and the clocks stop spinning.. and I leave it alone and then it starts making the osunds of a train passing for a moment, and then the start button appears and I can play.
Decell

Post by Decell »

does anyone know where I can get this mod, it seems to have been removed, is that due to the issues?
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

Nina wrote:mine gets to a point and the clocks stop spinning.. and I leave it alone and then it starts making the osunds of a train passing for a moment, and then the start button appears and I can play.
Interesting interpretation -- I always figured that godawful noise was just a bug or something.
Nina

Post by Nina »

not an interpretation actualy. may be a bug though since it shouldnt make that moise on loading. but if you go to field 32 (I THINK that was the number) then as a train goes by it makes that same sound. and carefull. unlike some of the trees and rocks.. trains ARE physical... and getting hit by one can realy mess up your day.