mod maps w/cow & sheep pasture next to farm

p0wd3rp1l0t

mod maps w/cow & sheep pasture next to farm

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

just wondering if you guys know or play any maps with cow and sheep pastures that are close to the farm or know of any decent maps that do? i dont like in hagenstedt that the sheep and cow pasture are far away from the actual farm. seems like i am always driving equipment too and from there, or have multiple items so it eliminates driving. i have heard a lot about two rivers map but i dont have a very fast internet connection and downloading a bunch of different maps would take ages.
Gaming PC
Top Soil

Re: mod maps w/cow & sheep pasture next to farm

Post by Top Soil »

Two rivers is a good map, but does have lots of "extra stuff" like trees and whatnot. Sheep and cows are a short drive, but significantly closer than the default map.

I've tried a lot of maps based on the standard Hagenstedt map - the best I've found are

1) Map by mario - version 1.3. - http://www.modhoster.com/mods/map--28
2) a map edited by oldseawead, based on a mod of the default by a guy named woody123 -- PM oldseawead or myself for a direct link if it's removed, but find it on page two of this thread on these forums -- http://forum.farming-simulator.com/view ... 5&start=15

both have cows and sheep close.
mario's map keeps field 17 (for grass) and has open access to 14/15/16 from the farmstead, but it a little constricted for room working with bales.
Oldseawead's map consumes field 17 for the cows and and the sheep pen fence blocks your direct access to the near west fields just a little bit (gotta drive to the road), but it much more open and roomy and easy to work with bales etc,

Stora Bertilstorp is also a pretty good mod of hagenstedt - it's got a biogas plant right next to the farmstead too. So cows, sheep, and biogas all right there - plus he's converted fields 18/19 and half of 17 into a big grassy area to feed the biogas plant and your future animals. My only gripe with this map is that I bought a mower in the first 2 minutes and basically never stopped mowing because silage was so easy to make and so profitable.
-- http://fs-uk.com/mods/view/28472
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

thank you top soil i sure appreciate the description of each one as well. i will try the first one out. i loved the hagenstedt map except for the cow and sheep pastures that was it. way better than the stock fs2011 map and hopefully they come out with some dlc that has a new map. but thanks for the links i will try it out and hopefully make some money.
Gaming PC
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

p0wd3rp1l0t wrote:just wondering if you guys know or play any maps with cow and sheep pastures that are close to the farm or know of any decent maps that do? i dont like in hagenstedt that the sheep and cow pasture are far away from the actual farm. seems like i am always driving equipment too and from there, or have multiple items so it eliminates driving. i have heard a lot about two rivers map but i dont have a very fast internet connection and downloading a bunch of different maps would take ages.
I'm currently using the Big European Map. Cows and sheep are on farm and right next to the BGA. Equipment dealer is near-by. Fields are huge, so they can be sectioned off. No traffic and no missions. *thumbsup*
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

i downloaded that stora map...the last one u mentioned and i love it. everything is at the farm. decent starting equipment especially since i am doing this game on hard. i havent roamed around much of the map yet but from what i have i do like the minor changes that were done. i wish this map or something very similar were introduced into like a dlc
Gaming PC
Maninga

Post by Maninga »

Noob question...I downloaded the Big European Map and have the zip files do I just copy and paste them into the data\maps folder? I have no Mods folder. I tried copying into the maps folder and it did nothing. I'm using XP
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

Maninga wrote:Noob question...I downloaded the Big European Map and have the zip files do I just copy and paste them into the data\maps folder? I have no Mods folder. I tried copying into the maps folder and it did nothing. I'm using XP
Open My Documents
Click on My Games, then on Farming Simulator
Mods folder should be at the top, open it, then drag the zip file into the mods foder.
Good luck, hope this helps.
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
Maninga

Post by Maninga »

ahh got it.
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

Just put the zips themselves into the mods folder - don't unzip them. For any mods to work, they must be in .zip format in the mods folder.

(some downloads have multiple .zips inside them, and you might have to put those individual .zips into /mods, but never just a regular file)

(you only see the other maps when starting a new game, fyi, that's when you select which map you want to play on for that game)
Maninga

Post by Maninga »

Thanks man I was unzipping the file and that's why it didn't work...Thanks for the help.
WearierJester

Post by WearierJester »

Does anyone know if the Two Rivers Map was fixed? A few weeks ago people were having problems getting it to work. I've been holding off downloading it until a work around came about.
FearEile

Post by FearEile »

WearierJester wrote:Does anyone know if the Two Rivers Map was fixed? A few weeks ago people were having problems getting it to work. I've been holding off downloading it until a work around came about.
I'm starting to think that that isn't "two rivers" fault but my old computers.
Eggsbox: FearEile
WearierJester

Post by WearierJester »

I found a good working map of Two rivers. I didn't need to edit anything

http://www.modhoster.com/mods/two-rivers--4
FearEile wrote:
WearierJester wrote:Does anyone know if the Two Rivers Map was fixed? A few weeks ago people were having problems getting it to work. I've been holding off downloading it until a work around came about.
I'm starting to think that that isn't "two rivers" fault but my old computers.
I just also updated my video card and power supply....old computers *censored*!