Multiplayer issues>?

Farmer Barney

Multiplayer issues>?

Post by Farmer Barney »

I'm fine, my connection is fine, I have no lag at all, but my partner says he lags, on my screen it doesnt look so bad, but he says it doesnt get any better for him.

We tried different DSL/LAN settings - didnt fix much
he put his settings on the lowest, didnt do much...

and yet im still on highest settings with absolute no lag. anyone else got any problems? any answers?

I have no lag, he has difficulties? and has lag, whys this?
MrUnSavory

Re: Multiplayer issues>?

Post by MrUnSavory »

Welcome to the world of Online Farming also known as Lag Acres. This is the problem that most of us not living in Europe see when playing multiplayer. It is because of poor netcoding. This game has always suffered from this. We tell the developers about this problem and they ignore us. I have several friends I like to farm with but we have stopped as the only person in the game that doesn't see it lagging all over is the host. Well, I say host, you are not really a host, you are just another client connected to their lousy servers. Until we get a TRUE dedicated server addon it is what we will have to live with.

I see they are asking for donations to make a dedicated server addon. PAY FOR IT? Something you should have included in the game in the first place? You are joking right? and it looks like what they are thinking about building is not a true dedicated server piece at all but just a way for them to rent servers to people. This is not what the community has been asking for. We have been asking for a way to run this game without hooking to your servers. If we still have to hook to servers in Europe the problem is not solved.

I would recommend that we no longer support European developers as they don't care about anyone except those in their home country. After the debacle with EA and SimCity and all the other poor software that developers release to us broken and then refuse to fix we need to stand together as consumers. I say no more purchases without proper demos first.
Farmer Barney

Post by Farmer Barney »

They have a good few million in profit from there previous games. paying for dedicated servers for a cheap "tacy" game is absolute ********. It should be free, already with the game.

I cant play this game on single player because its boring, i want some else to join, and play with me, so i can enjoy it more. but it's not possible, so im on the verge of stopping.
shame on you MIDGETS
prjindigo

Post by prjindigo »

twaddle and bs
the system uses an "update cycle" to move people round in multiplayer... it all depends on the person seeing the lag's service provider
MrUnSavory

Post by MrUnSavory »

prjindigo wrote:twaddle and bs
the system uses an "update cycle" to move people round in multiplayer... it all depends on the person seeing the lag's service provider

LMAO!!!........You have NO CLUE as to what you speak of and it doesn't really matter. Giants released a game based on a cheap gaming engine and released it in half assed working condition. I have a 20 meg line and I see lag when I DON'T host and you are trying to tell me it is my connection. You sir are a moron. I bet you are one of those fan boys that would give them another hundred bucks based on some BS line they feed you. This game should have had dedicated server already. They made tons of money off this game and now want more to complete something they should have done in the first place?

Giants is a pathetic company and will never be a great game company like BI or the old RatBag games. Giants pumps out stuff then makes excuses after they have your money. They should become friends with EA games as they are just as bad of a company. I personally got 4 other people to buy this game. Once we found out how truly bad it was I have since talked at least 20 people out of buying it. I have also steered them away from every Giants game and told as many as I can to stay away from their titles as they were cheap stuff designed buy developers with half an education. They should be ashamed of themselves as developers to even see their names in the credits.

Besides that, their code for multiplayer is stuff to start with so you want them to make a dedicated server piece using the same poor coding?.......LMFAO!!!......why don't you go watch a movie twice and see if the ending changes.......LOL