Why?!

tom_the_farmer
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Why?!

Post by tom_the_farmer »

Hi.

I know im new on this forum and so on, but after looking around in loads of threads, theres one thing i dont really get :confusednew:

Why did Cpt.Ass get banned?! I mean, 700+ posts and probably one of the most active members in the english forum! :confusednew: :confusednew:

What am i missing here?!

TIA

Tom
BULIGO

Re: Why?!

Post by BULIGO »

Why are you saying he was banned? It doesn't show on my board as 'banned'. Am I missing somethng? :confusednew:
tom_the_farmer

Post by tom_the_farmer »

no but when you look at his profile:

ive seen that on other forums which there meant the user was banned..
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

tom_the_farmer wrote:no but when you look at his profile:

Well if that's true, it *censored* Big time!! Capt.Ass had been very helpfull to me several times.
I know he had several friends on here that counted on his help. If his being banned, if in deed he is, is a result of a recent incident with, for lack of a better term, an immature cry-baby, then I shall withdrawl my account and find a different board.
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
tom_the_farmer

Post by tom_the_farmer »

wizard4278 wrote:

Well if that's true, it *zensiert* Big time!! Capt.Ass had been very helpfull to me several times.
I know he had several friends on here that counted on his help. If his being banned, if in deed he is, is a result of a recent incident with, for lack of a better term, an immature cry-baby, then I shall withdrawl my account and find a different board.
yea it looks kinda odd to be honest :confusednew: 700+ posts, i know not all being help posts, but its a very active member..
BULIGO

Post by BULIGO »

Hopefully the 'urlaub' means that: a temporarily er..hickup eh? :zunge:
Many years on forums I learned that you dont want to mess with: race, skin colour, ssex, soccer and mod's family members :mrgreen:
herrman

Post by herrman »

...and avoid messing up with ugly and ferocious iD10tS around the forum.
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks
crusaderuk

Post by crusaderuk »

According to Google Translate ... Boardurlaub means 'On Holiday'
tom_the_farmer

Post by tom_the_farmer »

crusaderuk wrote:

According to Google Translate ... Boardurlaub means 'On Holiday'
im aware of that :) but its a perm. holiday for most who gets that "rank".. but i guess we just have to keep guessing till one of the admins might enlighten us?!
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Then you can wait forever. Moderators don't have to justify to regular users for their decisions. I only know that the moderators on this forum don't bann any people without reason.
tom_the_farmer

Post by tom_the_farmer »

bassaddict wrote:Then you can wait forever. Moderators don't have to justify to regular users for their decisions. I only know that the moderators on this forum don't bann any people without reason.
i know.. its just sad a usefull and helpfull user like him gets banned because someone cant handle the internet!! but i understand.. rather keep a user that thinks the game is boring and so gets to stay.. i take that as the unofficial statement!
BULIGO

Post by BULIGO »

bassaddict wrote:Then you can wait forever. Moderators don't have to justify to regular users for their decisions. I only know that the moderators on this forum don't bann any people without reason.
I know that they DONT HAVE TO, but, it would be...polite if they wrote just a footnote about it. It's not that a bigmouth newcomer was banned, but a rather prominent and very active member. Just my 2 cents.
Bob Tekkit

Post by Bob Tekkit »

I wondered where he had gone to, Capt.Ass's sense of humour might not have been to everyone's taste but he was very friendly, helpful and, imho, an all round decent kind of bloke. Like Herrman says, if this is true (and I can find out as I have spoken to him elsewhere in the past) then I too will be closing my account!!

I do know what this is all about and it was the "incident" with that fool demoman. The one who shouldn't be let loose within 50 mtrs of an internet connection let alone listened to instead of a regular GOOD poster. Demoman went out looking for trouble, found it and enjoyed every second of running and telling teacher all about it!

As I say, I'm not afraid to loose my account here so I'm also not afraid to point the finger of blame squarely in the face of who is responsible for this debacle (Debacle: total cock up and failure)

Before posting this I went and spoke to the man himself and he told me he HAD been banned because of what I said earlier. Now to my mind, that just shows how "well" this forum is run so as I also said I would close my account if it was true then take this as my "resignation"

Good bye to all the decent guys I've met here and good riddance to the rest.
Peace,

Bob T.

wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

Bob Tekkit wrote:I wondered where he had gone to, Capt.Ass's sense of humour might not have been to everyone's taste but he was very friendly, helpful and, imho, an all round decent kind of bloke. Like Herrman says, if this is true (and I can find out as I have spoken to him elsewhere in the past) then I too will be closing my account!!

I do know what this is all about and it was the "incident" with that fool demoman. The one who shouldn't be let loose within 50 mtrs of an internet connection let alone listened to instead of a regular GOOD poster. Demoman went out looking for trouble, found it and enjoyed every second of running and telling teacher all about it!

as I say, I'm not afraid to loose my account here so I'm also not afraid to point the finger of blame squarely in the face of who is responsible for this debacle (Debacle: total cock up and failure)

Before posting this I went and spoke to the man himself and he told me he HAD been banned because of what I said earlier. Now to my mind, that just shows how "well" this forum is run so as I also said I would close my account if it was true then take this as my "resignation"

Good bye to all the decent guys I've met here and good riddance to the rest.
Exactly!!
I too am aquainted with the good Capt. We share conversation on Facebook, and he has given me the entire story. You've hit the nail on it's provervial head, Bob, I also think it's a shame that a true asset to this board was banned as the result of a crybaby. He's now prancing around the boards like a new kid on the block, asking inane questions about a game, not more than 2 weeks ago he was bored with and threatening to stop playing (for the second time) As far as being a fair judgement, let's remember the origin of the board.....just sayin'
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
rollingfarm

Post by rollingfarm »

if the good captain has been been banned by this demoman then personally i have no interest in this forum oand i still help other were i can. demoman is cry bady who discovered the internet ideal for moaning and crying about a prefect good game and getting people banned because he cant hack it. personally he should be remove as he find the game a bore people like him ruin good games and forums
I have a disability called dyspraxia and minor dyslexia so if my spelling weird dont judge me. just ask nicely and i translate it