All vehicles have disappeared ?????

Warrigul

All vehicles have disappeared ?????

Post by Warrigul »

I am not a very happy farmer, I just started the game up and all my vehicles have gone???? Everything, tractors, trucks, trailers, and implements. Dam!!! I have rebooted and restarted the game, still all gone. I go into another save game and there are vehicles there, but my main game they have all gone. I have never played multi player online and my money seems about right and so do my crops, but vehicles.... DAM all gone?????
Anyone come accross this before????
Warrigul

Re: All vehicles have disappeared ?????

Post by Warrigul »

All my bloody animals have gone too and so has my hay bales and pallets of wool. Everything that was placeable or bought through the shop... GONE
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Check your LOG file, fix the XML syntax in the vehicles.xml from your savegame and delete the bugged mod(s).
Warrigul

Post by Warrigul »

I am not into scripting but I can tell you that the vehicle file in the save game 1 was absolutely blank.
So it looks like I start again this time backing up my save game folders :frown: :search:
reider

Post by reider »

In my setup I go to;

[url]C:\Users\Steve\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2013[/url]

Yours will be slightly different. In there, in instances like this, I open my gamesave which I know is gamesave 14. I also open the folder "savegameBackup". Checking all gamesave14 folders I can usually find at least one that has all my vehicles in before the fault developed. I then copy (NOT Move) this vehicle file to the normal savegame14 folder, rather than the savegame backup folder.

You may be on gamesave 1 or 2 or similar. But, you must do as Bass suggests because if not you will face the exact same problem again. It's OK fixing it but far better to prevent it happening where you can. Sometimes you have to put yourself out and learn a little more to cope with some of the odd stuff that occurs. Notepad++ is a good free tool to get for later too.
Last edited by reider on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Every time you save your game a backup is created, max 10 backups. Check the careerSavegame.xml which the current backup index is and then take a look at the savegame backups folder and search for that backup. If everything is OK in there, replace the savegame with the backup. And also check which mods you added lately, probably one or more of them are causing that problem.
Warrigul

Post by Warrigul »

ok thanks guys I will go look for the backup savegame and copy it onto the normal one. Will let you know how i go, thanks for ya help.
Warrigul

Post by Warrigul »

Hey Bass and Reider, you guys are ledgends, I renamed me savegame1 folder so i didnt lose it found the backup savegame with all me vehicles(save1,3), made a new savegame1 folder, coppied the backupsavegame and dropped it in me new savegame1 folder and BINGO everything has returned.
Thanks heaps guys I would never have got this done without your quick responses, weeeeeeee back to harvest *thumbsup* :mrgreen: *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
reider

Post by reider »

lol no problem, have fun and enjoy..... Thanks for letting us know too. :biggrin2:
Warrigul

Post by Warrigul »

just one more question, because there are only 10 backupsavegame folders, I presume they overwrite the oldest ones as you save would that be right or do I have to go in there and clean them out so I keep getting up to date backup savegames?
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The backup system is using a rotating number. I.e. it starts with backup 1, then backup 2, etc. Once it reaches backup 10, it will use the backup 1 folder again and thus will overwrite this backup (the oldest backup at that time).
There is no need to manually delete the older backup folders.
Warrigul

Post by Warrigul »

cool, thanks.