Invisible map i3d?

mrnascar

Invisible map i3d?

Post by mrnascar »

Not sure if this belongs here or in tech support...

Ran into an interesting situation with a map I downloaded - Nordhagenv1.

Whenever i d/l a new map, I like to unzip it and poke around in it with GE, to find what is what.

When I unzipped the map above (did it several times from a couple host sites), the map 13d file and its Shape equivalent do not appear in the unzipped folder, even tho they are in the zipped version.

I tried an endrun, by going back and trying to extract just the i3d to the unzipped folder, only to be told it was already there. Tried unzipping the two files to a new folder, and Explore showed there were no files present, but properties said there were two files present. It looks like they are hidden files or something in the unzipped folder. Went back and tried a couple other maps, and all is normal with them, so it's not my winrar acting up...

Anyone else run into this or know how to get around this problem? Thanks!
Farmer_Bob

Re: Invisible map i3d?

Post by Farmer_Bob »

Right click on the mod folder and under "properties" at the bottom is an "attributes" panel, untick these and hit apply/ok and the files should then be visible the next time you open the folder.
mrnascar

Post by mrnascar »

thanks, F_B - tried that on both the zipped and unzipped folders, attributes were not ticked, so that does not appear to be the problem. (Even tried ticking it, just in case I misunderstood, and the whole freakin' zip file disappeared from my download file... fortunately had a backup elsewhere....)

i'm baffled....
tom_the_farmer
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom_the_farmer »

then you need to have the settings in windows set so you can see hidden files..
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Or maybe just check the LUA from the map to find out what the actual i3d file is.
mrnascar

Post by mrnascar »

Once I found out how to do it (windows VISTA...), changing hidden files setting worked. Thanks F_T... and thanks, BA and F_B, for your suggestions! That's why this is my go-to forum.

Map is open, time to explore....