enable/disable the field-border detection

kansas_dude

enable/disable the field-border detection

Post by kansas_dude »

Why wasn't this included in FS13?
Murph

Re: enable/disable the field-border detection

Post by Murph »

kansas_dude wrote:Why wasn't this included in FS13?
You'll probably need to explain what you're thinking about, if you want an answer to that question. Frankly, I have no idea what you're talking about.

The closest thing I can think of is something to do with hired drivers, maybe, and they detect the edges of fields just fine in general. Or, if it has something to do with grass, it would be because grass fields don't really exist due to the way the game works. As soon as you seed grass, the field is gone, there are no field borders to detect.
Mac user
kansas_dude

Post by kansas_dude »

Like in FS 2011 and in FS 2015 (known as FS 15), you can cultivate and the cultivator would detect the edge of the field (you could lower the cultivator, cultivate after harvesting and keep lowered without removing any of the grass around the fields)
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

As long as I've had FS13 it has done what you are saying it doesn't. The plough, cultivator and seeders all recognize the field edge and don't have any effect on the grassed area. Obviously this is not happening for you so I can only suggest that possibly a mod is conflicting or changing the base behaviour of those tools. If you can't find out which mod is causing this it might be easier to press the "O" key (not the zero key) as this key usually changes the behaviour and stops the "create field" effect used to make new fields with a plough.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Bob. :hi: