Is modding for FS13 dead?

Farmer_Bob

Is modding for FS13 dead?

Post by Farmer_Bob »

I've been playing FS13 for almost 2 years now and tbh it's just about the only game I've ever owned that has held my attention for that length of time. Now over the last couple of years I've been almost addicted to collecting mods, mod maps, vehicles and scripts that all improve the base game and my "spares" folder is bulging with more and more everyday..... except.... it isn't anymore.

My lovely wife decided to pre order FS15 which has proved to be very useful to me because I found out quite quickly that I just don't like that version, to my simple mind FS15 is a step backwards from FS13 and with that being said it's not a huge leap to understand that I don't want to move over to it and wish to continue playing the older game but herein lies my problem.

Let me explain,

Ever since I found sites such as FS-UK.com, modhoster.de and a few others I've had an almost endless supply of mods to feed my passion until just recently when it appears that everyone making these awesome mods has moved over to FS15. Now obviously I can't demand anyone to keep making mods for the older game but does anyone know of any (reputable) sites that still has active FS13 mod makers? I just can't bring myself to play the new version (FS15) but I also want to keep playing with and discovering new things for the older game.

I hope that it's just a case that I've "fallen out of the loop" and I'm missing a huge choice of FS13 mods somewhere and you guys will be able to point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
Bob. :hi:
Sarxis

Re: Is modding for FS13 dead?

Post by Sarxis »

I haven't moved over to FS15 yet either for two reasons:

I haven't played FS13 enough yet firstly. I have mods and maps that I haven't even touched yet, and just feel like I have a lot of play time left for it.

And...

I am not ready to upgrade. I don't want to deal with computer hardware issues (which I don't have for 13), as well as starting all over again with collecting and adding mods to the game.

As far as the modding community still working on FS13 - I don't see knew stuff much, but I haven't really checked a lot of the usual mod sites for FS13 content lately.
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

Firstly Sarxis, let me apologize for not getting back to you straight away! I hate it that "real life" keeps interfering with my play time :lol:

I average around 10 - 15 hours a day where I have free time to play the game so it doesn't take me long to go through any new additions to my mods folders. I would be in heaven if I had mods and maps I hadn't played before :confusednew: and I've never given the hardware side of things a second thought tbh. I'm very lucky that I need a beast of a workstation PC for my work but that must be a real kick in the pants to find out your favourite game is out of reach because they upgraded everything to much for the players PC's to handle.
I guess you have to expect games to keep progressing and taking advantage of newer technology but it doesn't really help the guy that only plays FS13 or doesn't have the time/money/experience or whatever to upgrade. I wonder if Giants are disappointed at the numbers of people who have actually bought FS15 verses the numbers who are still playing the older game?

It's a habit for me to check the mod sites at least once or twice a day for new stuff but as you said, there just isn't anything being uploaded.
Well I know how to make 3D models and I know how to edit some files in game so I guess the next step for me would be to try to learn how to create my own mods but I've tried this already and the results were ..... lets just say I had to reinstall the game after I tried my mod!!!!!

Sarxis

Post by Sarxis »

And let me just clarify: I'm glad FS2015 is out.. I love Giants and their games! But I'm just not ready for it. :)
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

AS I've already said FS13 is my favourite game of all time...... ever, but FS15 is so different and has so many bugs and bad decisions built in to it that to my simple mind it's like a cheap knock off of FS13 made by a pirate company that are just after making as much money as possible off of the back of the better and more popular version (FS13)
I think that once you have played it and compared it to FS13 you will understand better what I mean.

Bob.
husher

Post by husher »

lets hope not, i got FS 15 for Christmas and loaded it up but guess what? my computer refused point blank to play it.
So i'm sticking with FS13 i like it -end of story.
I spend hours some times watching Billstmaxx and Landy kid playing it on you tube and guess what: the game is a shambles, the bugs are through the roof and the in game content is a lot less than 13.
I agree with the both of them, Giants rushed the game out of beta and put out a flawed product- just watch landy kid's vids; and marvel at the FPS rate constantly nosediving and the game crashing.
No i'll stick with FS13 for as long as its supported.
meistroracer

Post by meistroracer »

I bought FS2013 for the laptop and I can not get enough of this game and mods. The mods is what make this game so much fun and unique I am searching all over for more mods to this game. I have been playing 3 days now and I am having a blast. I really hope mods continue on. I am not ready for fs15.
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

If you are new to mods then check out this site http://fs-uk.com/. These guys check every mod for errors and functionality as well as malware etc. before posting it on line and they host every mod themselves (no third party hosting sites or download limits) and if you register they are awesome at helping people out on the forums.

Bob.
meistroracer

Post by meistroracer »

Farmer_Bob wrote:If you are new to mods then check out this site http://fs-uk.com/. These guys check every mod for errors and functionality as well as malware etc. before posting it on line and they host every mod themselves (no third party hosting sites or download limits) and if you register they are awesome at helping people out on the forums.

Bob.

thank you Farmer_Bob
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

Your welcome, *thumbsup*

johnH

Post by johnH »

Hello!

I know it's an old topic, but thought I would post anyways. I too am playing FS 2013, mainly due to the fact that I have just recently began playing. For now there's way to much content out there to be discovered, so I'll not be making the move to FS 2015 anytime soon. I'm now starting o get into the idea of doing some map making. I think as long as there's those like us who still choose/prefer FS 2013 there will be at least some who will want to make mods. Perhaps we can all work together on this?? Have also been giving thought of starting a virtual farm set to 2013.
Bootlegger34431

Post by Bootlegger34431 »

I have only recently with in the month acquired FS13 . I have had and played the old 2011 . Still have it . But to the point I love FS2013 . Only short comings for me are acquisition of new mods . I am a low end PC user and I have Zero , Repeat Zero computer knowledge . If it is not set up where the sight can install it like here or FS-UK . If it calls for WinWar . and has more than a basic self opening zip file that can go straight into my folder . I am Lost . I will spend the next few minutes cleaning up my Mods folder . lol . I down loaded the Giants Mod (GE) and thought it would be nice to be able to Mod the maps .Maybe after a few Farms I have worked for or hauled to (Horses) . Wow I was so lost i uninstalled it . Hats off to those Folks . Any ways I am always looking for new Mods that are easy to install and they are getting few and far between for me .
Bootlegger34431

Post by Bootlegger34431 »

PS just a note when I originally bought the FS13 I was thinking I was buying the FS15 . Found out I baught the Titanium ext and than had to buy the full titanium . Told you I have no idea about these Pc's . LOL
donaldEpott

Post by donaldEpott »

What I don't understand is why modders don't make their mods for both FS13 and 15. Make them for fs13 on the way to making them for FS15 that way they are in both versions.
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

If they do both versions, it would be to much time consuming. Its just a human thing that new is always `better`...
For me FS15 is probably the last one i would buy. FS13 runs more smoother (no stutter on screen).. FS15 is worser.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese: