Crops will NOT grow, at all, on Bjornholm.

Warjec

Crops will NOT grow, at all, on Bjornholm.

Post by Warjec »

36 hours into this save, only mods I have installed are the ones that were made by Giants Software on the Farming Simulator Official site as well as the new DLC.

Everything was going fine until early today when I cultivated and resowed my fields. All are different crops and separated into different fields, they're un-joined except for two.

Growth rate isn't frozen. I've tried on Normal and Fast, tried to reset it with Frozen for a second, nothing has happened. I re-cultivated, re-plowed, re-sown different crops on my four different fields and nothing is growing still.

After nothing worked I tried to load older save files and those wouldn't work either.

After I couldn't fix anything with the save I made a new savegame on the American map and everything is working completely fine. I have no idea what the problem could be and it's honestly frustrating. 36 hours of game-time is kind of hard to throw away after you don't cheat or anything to get the pieces of equipment that you want.

Does anyone know if there's anything I can check for in the user files or anything like that?

Thanks for any help.
shunwick

Re: Crops will NOT grow, at all, on Bjornholm.

Post by shunwick »

I have the same problem on my latest game. It is most curious.

This is the wheat_growthState from another game:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

-<foliageGrowthState>

<growthIndex value="-1"/>

<growthTime value="6468001.500000"/>

</foliageGrowthState>

And this is the wheat_growthState from the game in question:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

-<foliageGrowthState>

<growthIndex value="-1"/>

<growthTime value="47895152.000000"/>

</foliageGrowthState>
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

What's the time scale when you saved those savegames?
The first one has a remaining time of 107.8 minutes, so close to 2 hours.
The second one is 13.3 hours. If this is on the default map, there must be some mod which modified this value. Because the whole update process does take definitely longer than the 0.03h remaining to one growth step with slow growth (which is 13.33h).
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

The time scale on both saves was 1:1

Growth rate on both is set to slow.

The thing is... I have run the faulty save for over 40 game hours and my wheat is not showing any growth at all.

I do not have many mods running (only some of those downloaded from the Giants site.) plus the GPS mod. I have not added any mods in between game 1 and game 2.

I have verified my installation and everything appears to be good.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

If you run the second savegame at 120x time scale for 10 minutes, then set back to 1x and wait a little (max 5-10 minutes), you should see your wheat growing/changing to the next state.
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

Tried that but no luck. On a hunch, I checked the settings screen and plant growth was set to "off". I have no idea how that happened.

Anyway, it is working now. Thank you for your help.