CoursePlay Tutorials

isycz

Re: CoursePlay Tutorials

Post by isycz »

@chaskuchar1 ... some maps are not courseplay friendly.

Reversing a trailer to a load/unload point is a lesson in frustration if you try it with courseplay. A solution might be to use a combined truck/tipper which is easier to reverse.

You can manually generate a course to harvest a field. It is time consuming but is an option for fields with awkward collisions such as trees and buildings. Once the course is generated, use fieldwork mode to harvest the field. Similarly you can manually generate custom courses for all other tasks, for example, seeding, fertilising, cultivating, baling, etc.

Awkward seed and fertiliser load points can be supplemented with placeables in more convenient locations.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

courseplay is really helping me now. I started with the basic equipment on the old ridge farm. neat graphics and color and the water is really nice. the clock is slow and takes almost two days from plant to harvest. with the basic tiller I had to generate my custom field map and that worked well. it was a learning curve also. finally I got the 6m no till planter and I am doing it on the first field, field #1 and using the course generated by the courseplay and It fits perfectly. did have to find the best starting corner, the first one I didn't like. but small equipment is necessary on old ridge farm. I really like it. and like it more when courseplay is working well. harvesting is another goal. so far, I am doing it by hand, making the headlands if I need them and then using the hired hand mode to finish the field. thanks for the info. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
viper278

Post by viper278 »

TB - Correct I did do exactly like you said. I made the start point at the field and the stop point about 10m behind it so it shows like a loop to/from the silo. Then I had the trailer start it route so I can see where exactly the trailer is going to stop and wait. I then set up the harvester to stop and unload at that wait point. So now i start the process. The harvester does it's thing and goes to the wait point. The trailer fills up and takes off but on the trip back, it doesn't stop. It keeps on going around the route again and again. The harvester will stop but the trailer passes it without stopping to refill.

I will try again if I need to on this new map when I get to harvesting the earth fruits. I don't have any problems with the regular harvester unloading, but only with the beet/potato harvesters. I am 99.99% sure I did it like your video showed.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
viper278

Post by viper278 »

isycz wrote:@chaskuchar1 ... some maps are not courseplay friendly.

Reversing a trailer to a load/unload point is a lesson in frustration if you try it with courseplay. A solution might be to use a combined truck/tipper which is easier to reverse.

You can manually generate a course to harvest a field. It is time consuming but is an option for fields with awkward collisions such as trees and buildings. Once the course is generated, use fieldwork mode to harvest the field. Similarly you can manually generate custom courses for all other tasks, for example, seeding, fertilising, cultivating, baling, etc.

Awkward seed and fertiliser load points can be supplemented with placeables in more convenient locations.
According to the courseplay manual, the program is supposed to be able to backup by directing the back of the trailer to the waypoints, but I had no such luck either. Only very short reversing to a tip point. The manual says to make the reverse course with the tractor only without the trailer. I had a hard time trying to back a trailer to the beet/ potato silos. I had to set it on stop a tip points so I can unload and then send it on its way. After a month of this I remembered that the tip trigger can still be hit with the trailer parallel to the opening. So I drive by it instead of backing in. I do agree that using a single vehicle to reverse into a tip point is far better.
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
isycz

Post by isycz »

@viper278 ... it might be helpful to include more details when you have a problem that you need help with. For example, map, field, equipment, course, etc. It sounds to me that you have the mechanics correct, so the problem lies elsewhere. For example, unloading to the beet silo on the Coldborough map is a little tricky. I found that I had to drive from the direction of the potato heap and then almost touch the beet heap for it to reliably unload. I could manually run the course and all would be well, but courseplay would often not unload and drive straight past the beet heap. When it does not unload, it simply drives in circles continually trying to find a tipping point. Small triggers and triggers that are close to each other can cause problems, especially for courseplay. If you are circling with an empty or full trailer, it might be because a valid tipping point is not found by courseplay. The fruit you are transporting is ignored by courseplay, it only matters that a valid tipping point is found for the fruit in your trailer.
viper278

Post by viper278 »

"According to the courseplay manual, the program is supposed to be able to backup by directing the back of the trailer to the waypoints, but I had no such luck either. Only very short reversing to a tip point. The manual says to make the reverse course with the tractor only without the trailer. I had a hard time trying to back a trailer to the beet/ potato silos. I had to set it on stop a tip points so I can unload and then send it on its way. After a month of this I remembered that the tip trigger can still be hit with the trailer parallel to the opening. So I drive by it instead of backing in. I do agree that using a single vehicle to reverse into a tip point is far better."

@isyzc - I thought I was clear about the issue (in red above). The map is mostly irrelevant because most makers copy the triple earth fruit silos (wood chips/beets/potato). So on the 2 maps I tried course play, it was the same problem. Trying to back a trailer into the tip trigger and drive off. The 2 maps I had ever used courseplay in is Westbridge HIlls and Westbridge Forest v3 and v4. I managed to set the route up, but when it comes to the reversing, Courseplay does not reverse the trailer in the path like it should. I worked only 10% of the time. If i can set the course to reverse a very short distance, it works most of the time. My vehicle was a tractor and the kempe/fleigl? trailer that doesn't need the dolly. So what I did was set the vehicle to waitat tip or start/end points and then the notice comes up and I click on the icon and unload manually the click continue. Then I remembered I can hit the trigger point unloading parallel to the spots. But since the trailer off loads in the rear, I was trying to keep it real.

Now the potato silo, Yeah that is tight fit to get the trailer to side tip. You have to use a small tractor/ trailer combo. If you use a big tractor with a weight in front and a long trailer, you might not be able to hit the trigger.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I think I have a problem with the combine unloading into the wagon. the combine goes in crazy directions. the small combine finds the wagon ok. the tractor and tipper does not have a path to follow because I can't unload the tipper because it has to back up after it dumps. then I drive the tractor and tipper back to where the combine is waiting to unload. however, the combine always goes back to the spot where it was full and then drives to the tipper. however, in straightening out to follow the path the combine was on, it might be 45 degrees off the path. I don't know if this is a problem but the old ridge farm doesn't have a grid like bjornvelt does. you can point it a direction and it goes there without turning to a grid. I just keep combining the sections that are left. I did just download autocombine and see if it works better. chas
viper278

Post by viper278 »

chaskuchar1 wrote:I think I have a problem with the combine unloading into the wagon. the combine goes in crazy directions. the small combine finds the wagon ok. the tractor and tipper does not have a path to follow because I can't unload the tipper because it has to back up after it dumps. then I drive the tractor and tipper back to where the combine is waiting to unload. however, the combine always goes back to the spot where it was full and then drives to the tipper. however, in straightening out to follow the path the combine was on, it might be 45 degrees off the path. I don't know if this is a problem but the old ridge farm doesn't have a grid like bjornvelt does. you can point it a direction and it goes there without turning to a grid. I just keep combining the sections that are left. I did just download autocombine and see if it works better. chas
Please state what actions you are doing to cause this. Example - Is the Combine doing a self unload or is the tipper going to the combine to collect the harvest?
You can have a path where the tipper can back up and continue. When you are recording your path The last icon - tractor with arrow over it - is the reverse direction. Click that one and it will turn green. travel the distance needed and click it again. It will turn back to grey. Now travel forward to continue your course.

I am not understanding your meaning of no grid. Please explain.
I have made courseplay run a mower, windrower, forage wagon, baler, and autoloader in a grass field. I run a route around the permeter, this is known as the headland. Then while this headland is active I select the grid icon and select the tool width, starting location and then the direction. Click on the path maker icon and your path will now be set. Save it and now you are set. Save the headland for other tools to be used in that area.

Important note: An "L" shape field works OK in courseplay. A "U or C" shape does not if it has obstacles in the middle of the "U or C". You have to watch which direction and starting point you choose. If you start on the bottom of the "U", when it travels from the side to the other side, it will run into whatever is blocking in the middle, unless there is nothing there.
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

chaskuchar1 wrote: I did just download autocombine and see if it works better. chas
Not a bad idea :)
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I am using the map of old ridge farm, an English countryside area. the combine has problems for me in a 'U' field with out a number and also a normal irregular field, #7. In both fields I park the tipper and tractor so there are no trees the combine could run into. then I take the combine, start maybe three flags away from the tipper to record the course, drive to the tipper, set a wait point, then drive maybe three flags past the tipper for the stop for the course. now I am ready to combine. I start combining in the field next to the tipper so I don't drive over the unharvested crop and set the full to 95%. the combine goes back and forth on the path I set and set the start course after I am happy the combine is going ok. when the combine gets to the full mark, it stops, backs up a ways and then heads for the start of the course to dump in the tipper. it always does that properly. but when the combine gets done dumping, it goes back to the place where it stopped combining, turns on the combine when it gets close and sometimes goes almost on the path that it was before the combine went to unload or mostly it takes off on a 45 degree angle to where it should have been going. it does this until the bin reaches the full point, goes to the tipper and unloads, goes back to where it was where it stopped and usually makes another 45 degree shift in combining.

I think if I learn how to have the tractor and tipper go to the combine when it is full the combine will stay on the right path. however, I just finished another field, #1, with the auto combine. I had the combine stop to unload and then drove the tractor/tipper to the combine. it was a perfect job on the field. I was running it in circles because none of my fields are square. using auto combine and sending the tractor/tipper with courseplay would be my present goal. I am doing ok with the cultivator and planter. I need the cultivator because I have to plant soybeans with the 3m original planter. courseplay really helps with that planting. hope you understand what the combine is doing when it is self unloading. chas
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

chaskuchar1 wrote:I am using the map of old ridge farm, an English countryside area. the combine has problems for me in a 'U' field with out a number and also a normal irregular field, #7. In both fields I park the tipper and tractor so there are no trees the combine could run into. then I take the combine, start maybe three flags away from the tipper to record the course, drive to the tipper, set a wait point, then drive maybe three flags past the tipper for the stop for the course. now I am ready to combine. I start combining in the field next to the tipper so I don't drive over the unharvested crop and set the full to 95%. the combine goes back and forth on the path I set and set the start course after I am happy the combine is going ok. when the combine gets to the full mark, it stops, backs up a ways and then heads for the start of the course to dump in the tipper. it always does that properly. but when the combine gets done dumping, it goes back to the place where it stopped combining, turns on the combine when it gets close and sometimes goes almost on the path that it was before the combine went to unload or mostly it takes off on a 45 degree angle to where it should have been going. it does this until the bin reaches the full point, goes to the tipper and unloads, goes back to where it was where it stopped and usually makes another 45 degree shift in combining.

I think if I learn how to have the tractor and tipper go to the combine when it is full the combine will stay on the right path. however, I just finished another field, #1, with the auto combine. I had the combine stop to unload and then drove the tractor/tipper to the combine. it was a perfect job on the field. I was running it in circles because none of my fields are square. using auto combine and sending the tractor/tipper with courseplay would be my present goal. I am doing ok with the cultivator and planter. I need the cultivator because I have to plant soybeans with the 3m original planter. courseplay really helps with that planting. hope you understand what the combine is doing when it is self unloading. chas
Hi Chas,
Have you tried using Courseplay in conjunction with Autocombine using the 'Combine self unload' type in Courseplay, that was mentioned earlier in this post by isycz. This is a really good way of using both mods to achieve your goal. If you would like a breakdown of how to do this just let me know, or even better if you would like me to do a tutorial I will do that too. Hope this helps. TB
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

it worked! well it worked one time so far. at least the combine is going straight after it unloaded in the tipper. I like the fact that I don't have to automatically dump the tipper because i have to do it manually on the old ridge farm map. if you do a tutorial on this method, use this map. it is so neat and every field is different. that's kinda fun. thanks for the help. autocombine is really helpful harvesting these fields. chas
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

with a little experience I am getting better at the course to the tipper for the combine. have to make sure it works with all the trees around. small fields are not good but bigger ones are a lot better. thanks, chas
_Ty_

Post by _Ty_ »

Hey TB,

I'd like to know how to use my combines side by side, offset of course on a large field. This make sense?

In other words, on a large field you start the first combine going, then 10 seconds goes by or so, then start the 2nd one going parallel to the 1st with harvesting in the same direction, but offset. Then a 3rd one follows suit. then 4th, 5th etc. at the end of the field they all turn and do another row, until the field is completed.

Is this possible?

Ty
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

_Ty_ wrote:Hey TB,

I'd like to know how to use my combines side by side, offset of course on a large field. This make sense?

In other words, on a large field you start the first combine going, then 10 seconds goes by or so, then start the 2nd one going parallel to the 1st with harvesting in the same direction, but offset. Then a 3rd one follows suit. then 4th, 5th etc. at the end of the field they all turn and do another row, until the field is completed.

Is this possible?

Ty
I will try make a video for you :)