CoursePlay Tutorials

TeaBelly

Re: CoursePlay Tutorials

Post by TeaBelly »

viper278 wrote: I can also see making your own tract for mowing as once a field has grass, the program doesn't recognize it as a field anymore. I would like to suggest to the developers to change that. It still shows up a field on the maps, so I would think it could easily be kept as a field for mowing purposes. Every map I played I use 1 field to cut grass. it easier and neater to use this than cutting around the sides of the fields. If there is a vehicle stopped at the ends, the wagon doesn't pickup all the grass when being pulled by a mower attached tractor due to turning to avoid obstacles. I hate grass shavings laying around.
If you drive a course around the field before you make it into a grass field and save it as a headland with that field number. You can change it back to a normal field at a later time if you need/want to. Just remember to save the the course of the outline of the field. I hope that makes sense :)

Hope this helps.

TB
viper278

Post by viper278 »

I just had this weird thing happen to me using course play. I was using a Man_gts_hkl mod to transort my grains to the silo. It a mod similar to the ITRunner. While I was setting a course for it, all my huds disappeared but only for this particular vehicle. I got my normal HUD back by hitting the delete key but could not cancel the course play or see the course play menu. I did change the option to select the course play using Left control + delete. I don't know if this was the culprit or not. The next vehicle had all the HUDS and course play select still available using the default right mouse button. I am assuming that each vehicle keeps track of the menu selection probable for those that need the right mouse button to operate a function.
I think I seen awhile ago a courseplay manual. I think I will do a search for it. I closed my program to see if it got corrected and reappears normally. I will post when later when I see the outcome.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

Hi yes I have seen a lot of strange things too happen while using coursplay. Below is a link to the manual.

CoursePlay Manual

Hope this helps. I will add it to the start of the thread too.

TB
viper278

Post by viper278 »

TeaBelly wrote:Hi yes I have seen a lot of strange things too happen while using coursplay. Below is a link to the manual.

CoursePlay Manual

Hope this helps. I will add it to the start of the thread too.

TB
That's the manual I just read earlier. It gave me some more useful info. But I think I may have seen a video on courseplay where the guy showed how to make the tractor go past the ends a meter or 2,3 etc. like the forage wagon to collect all the clippings past the edge of the field. This manual didn't show this feature.
When I restarted the program, That courseplay menu for the truck was still not fixed. Anyways, I had to sell my fleet of those trucks and containers because the keep moving to different positions and interfering with other vehicle do to their wandering. I didn't have that problem before I installed courseplay. I really did like those trucks. So know I am using the stock Man and kempe trailer to haul the crops to the silo.
I also have issues trying to offload the potatoes and beets in the silo. Courseplay doesn't seem to hit the trigger when it backs up to it if the box is quite full. So What I did was just have it drive there and when it alerts me that it is there waiting, I finish driving it to the trigger and off load myself and then resend it on its way. I have to do the same with my manure and slurry sales. It stops at the trigger, the icon lights but the ai doesn't offload.
So instead of have a complete circle, I have 2 one way courses. Not really a big deal since the program alerts and I can click on the icon and go right to the vehicle. I do like that feature. Also when I restarted FS15 one of my tractors and its sower were on its roof. Luckily I had a teleloader nearby to flip it over.
I also like using the toyota forklift for the wool bails. It works real good. The forks pick up the pallets a lot easier than the frontloader forks. The only bad thing is that if the pallet flips over for some reason, i can't get it to flip upright. I need the frontloader to use the forks that pivots strait down to flip it up and over.

Thanks TB for your replies. The map I am on is Westbridge forest V3. Very good map . The modder redesigned fields, added beef and pigs, plus a lot of good mods. More forestry for logging. I hardly did any logging in the bjornholm And westbridge hills maps. I wanted to do mostly forestry for income this time and this map had the most areas that I could find so far. First day reviews is in the process of making a completely forestry map but he has not released it yet. I seen his videos on it and it looks real good, He has snow in it. nicely designed terrain like in a real logging forest. I can't wait till he gets that one finished. I believe he said he is in beta testing now.

ty..
Live long and prosper
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
_Ty_

Post by _Ty_ »

TeaBelly wrote:
TeaBelly wrote:
not sure what you mean by this "just headlands instead of a headland and a up/down method". If this is in one of your videos just point me too which one and I can have a look.

Thanks,
Hi Ty,

I will do a video for you :)

TB
Hi Ty,
If you take a look at my lets play series (season 1) Episode 47 @ 22:46 mins there is an example I use. this was the first time I actually used it too. Later I change the ofset slightly for the Man truck just so its easier on the corners. I hope this helps explain what I meant.

Also mackintosh explanation of overloader/Auger usage is spot on.

Cheers TB
Ahhh, yes I see what you mean. headlands-using the circular pattern. I will give this a try. Thanks TB.

Ty
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

No Problem, good luck and happy farming :)

TB
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

Hi Guys,
There was some confusion to my sowing and refill tutorial as I did a different way to the standard way. I have created a new video and have updated the initial post with the new link below.

Sewing and Refil

I hope this helps.

TB
chaseydog

Post by chaseydog »

i have a couple of CoursePlay questions.
- is there a downloadable version of the manual? The online version doesn't display well on iOS devices as the menu covers much of the text
- is it possible to use CoursePlay with a grain train when unloading a combine. I'm playing on a map with very large fields and have been using a T9 pulling a pair of Krampe 900's. Can I do this with CoursePlay or am I limited to a single trailer for each tractor
_Ty_

Post by _Ty_ »

Manual- is there not a PDF in the folder that you downloaded it too? thought there was...OR maybe there was a link for a PDF-manual.

I could not get my grain train to reliably work as you describe, I'm not sure courseplay takes into account the number of trailers hooked up, seems to work ok with one regardless of length.

I see you have the modded 900BB if your using more then 1, I use these as well.

options:
-yes only go down to 1 single trailer, either your 900BB or you can even find the 30/60 semi trailer-and hook 2, if need be later to tow to silo, modded to 100,000l-you have plenty of tractor with T9.

-scroll back and look at Mackintosh's post, this is another idea utilizing the Auger Wagon.

-another option is to use the headland options on your Courseplay for your Combine-the circular option, allowing your tractor/tipper to run along side the combine to dump, maybe can even set it up to stop and dump.

Watch some of TB's videos on some of the above options for some pointers.
Let us know how it goes.
Ty
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

question gentlemen, I cant get my courseplay to work. Now I have a steam version updated to 1.2(wish I didnt) but is there a version of courseplay that works with the 1.2 update? My vehicles only transport/travel at 1 mph when driving the course. Any info would be helpful
Gaming PC
_Ty_

Post by _Ty_ »

p0wd3rp1l0t,

Steam version or otherwise shouldn't matter. In your 2nd sentence are you implying it used to work prior to 1.2 game update?

Identify exactly which vehicles. is it the first Duetz, 6.61 Agrostar?

I don't know if you have used courseplay extensively but, looking at some of the options in the game:

1) across the top you have a little speedo icon, make sure you have field speed/turn speed set accordingly

2) next to it is a general setting have a look in there for something that doesn't seem right.

3) when you say course, are you referring to a seed course, course for grain transport to silo, manure route etc? make sure the appropriate icon at the bottom of the ingame popup is selected ie. for seeding you want the seeding course, it's suppose to tell you, that you have the wrong tool when mismatched but you never know.

4) Don't forget if you have the setting "use recorded speed on" set, it will run as you recorded-perhaps you recorded it slow? I realize this is a bit of a long shot and I don't know if you've used courseplay a lot.

TB or Mackintosh or some of the others might have some more advice. Try to give us as much factual information as possible...

heck, unless you have several hundred routes I might even consider deleting it and redownload it. It's possible 1.2 version of the game is not compatible with an older version of courseplay. you are using latest courseplay correct? ver 4.01?

Ty
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

ty
yes the tractor i am trying to run the "course" with is the duetz 6.61. i have been focusing on expanding number of fields and combine, as tractors that we start with have been sufficient so far.

i used courseplay quite a bit on fs13, but havent been able to get it to work properly with fs15. i can get the tractor to drive the course that i record, but he only does it at 1 mph. i did a bit of research awhile ago and said the new patch 1.2 for whatever reason screwed up the speed of the courseplay mod. now i am not sure if that's what happened to me since i didn't have courseplay previous to 1.2 patch.

i have made sure to set the little speedo icon accordingly and i will check my settings again. the main course i have been trying to run is just a basic combi unload to silos. like i said i can get the tractor to run the course but he only travels at 1mph.

i downloaded ver 4.01, but if you could pm me the best website to download this that would be great as i know there are a few corrupt or copy files out there.

thanks for your help
Gaming PC
_Ty_

Post by _Ty_ »

p0wd3rp1l0t wrote:ty
yes the tractor i am trying to run the "course" with is the duetz 6.61. i have been focusing on expanding number of fields and combine, as tractors that we start with have been sufficient so far.

i used courseplay quite a bit on fs13, but havent been able to get it to work properly with fs15. i can get the tractor to drive the course that i record, but he only does it at 1 mph. i did a bit of research awhile ago and said the new patch 1.2 for whatever reason screwed up the speed of the courseplay mod. now i am not sure if that's what happened to me since i didn't have courseplay previous to 1.2 patch.

i have made sure to set the little speedo icon accordingly and i will check my settings again. the main course i have been trying to run is just a basic combi unload to silos. like i said i can get the tractor to run the course but he only travels at 1mph.

i downloaded ver 4.01, but if you could pm me the best website to download this that would be great as i know there are a few corrupt or copy files out there.

thanks for your help
Go straight to the source: http://courseplay.github.io/courseplay/
Ty
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

has there been an issue with the duetz 6.61?
Gaming PC
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

ty thank you. it is working properly now. i must have had a corrupt or not completely updated file
Gaming PC