CoursePlay Tutorials

wildflower

Re: CoursePlay Tutorials

Post by wildflower »

thank you very much for your help!

I will try this soon :-)

Are you one of the creators of courseplay??
XBOX1 player: feel free to add: bonjolino :hi:
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

wildflower wrote:thank you very much for your help!

I will try this soon :-)

Are you one of the creators of courseplay??
No just an avid fan :)
isycz

Post by isycz »

@TeaBelly ... The problems associated with a trailer unloading a harvester can be quite frustrating so I now use combine self-unloading mode. The issue with "sliding" can sometimes cause a problem but in general I find self-unloading much more reliable. However, there is an issue with the new Grimme Tectron 415 potato harvester in that it has an overload mode when not hired. This requires a keypress to unload. In self-unloading mode courseplay "un-hires" to unload and "re-hires" to resume. For the moment I am using a modded harvester which does not have the "overload" mode.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

has anyone used courseplay with old-ridge farm? thanks, chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

isycz wrote:@TeaBelly ... The problems associated with a trailer unloading a harvester can be quite frustrating so I now use combine self-unloading mode. The issue with "sliding" can sometimes cause a problem but in general I find self-unloading much more reliable. However, there is an issue with the new Grimme Tectron 415 potato harvester in that it has an overload mode when not hired. This requires a keypress to unload. In self-unloading mode courseplay "un-hires" to unload and "re-hires" to resume. For the moment I am using a modded harvester which does not have the "overload" mode.
Yes I did like the combi self unload feature too, although that too has its cons. Its purely down to personal preference and the type of fields you are working on i guess. Yes CP does not play nice with new mods I have noticed.
chaskuchar1 wrote:has anyone used courseplay with old-ridge farm? thanks, chas
Not atm I am currently trying it out on Coldborough Park Farm and finding it very tricky. You need to make at least 3 headlands just for harvesting... This is going to be fun
isycz

Post by isycz »

TeaBelly wrote:Not atm I am currently trying it out on Coldborough Park Farm and finding it very tricky. You need to make at least 3 headlands just for harvesting... This is going to be fun
Coldborough Farm is an excellent map. Put combine on circle mode with autocombine and courseplay on self-unloading and you won't have any problems.
viper278

Post by viper278 »

I tried the Combi self unloading but my trialer kept running the course and not stopping. What are the settings for the trailer to wait for the combi. TB - I followed your video to set up the task.
I very rarely have an issue with grain harvesters with the regular unloading, but I do have problems with the grimme's. So I decided to try the self unloading. I know to set the grimme on the self unloading icon but what do I select for the trailer?
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
isycz

Post by isycz »

viper278 wrote:.... but what do I select for the trailer?
Use grain transport mode as described at http://courseplay.github.io/courseplay/ ... driveMode1
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

isycz wrote:
TeaBelly wrote:Not atm I am currently trying it out on Coldborough Park Farm and finding it very tricky. You need to make at least 3 headlands just for harvesting... This is going to be fun
Coldborough Farm is an excellent map. Put combine on circle mode with autocombine and courseplay on self-unloading and you won't have any problems.

Thanks will have to try this :)
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

viper278 wrote:I tried the Combi self unloading but my trialer kept running the course and not stopping. What are the settings for the trailer to wait for the combi. TB - I followed your video to set up the task.
I very rarely have an issue with grain harvesters with the regular unloading, but I do have problems with the grimme's. So I decided to try the self unloading. I know to set the grimme on the self unloading icon but what do I select for the trailer?

Did you make sure your start point was where the Combine is unloading? If not it will keep doing the circuit.

Hope this helps.

TB
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

old ridge is small fields with lots of trees on the edges. I can use a chain saw to make things better but I am trying to do it with courseplay without cutting down the trees. I figured out how to take the grain to the delivery point but some of the delivery points are like a silo. you can drive into them or back your trailer into them but then you have to back out. I tried learning the reverse driving but so far I don't understand where I need stops and continues, etc. oh well, a new learning experience but this course is really interesting. thanks, chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
viper278

Post by viper278 »

TeaBelly wrote:
viper278 wrote:I tried the Combi self unloading but my trialer kept running the course and not stopping. What are the settings for the trailer to wait for the combi. TB - I followed your video to set up the task.

Did you make sure your start point was where the Combine is unloading? If not it will keep doing the circuit.

Hope this helps.

TB
Hi TB, I thought you make the course for the trailer to silo route, and then where the trailer stops and waits, I make the self unload point according to where the trailer is waiting. I thought that is how you made your video.
So If I understand it now.... You set the self unload route, hit pause point for the combi, then set the route for the trailer. Is this correct then?

Also I found the answer to the question of having the vehicle go past the edge of the field. I thought I saw it in a video of Courseplay, but it was actually on how to use the GPS mod video. The PV 15 map has the GPS mod and I had to watch a video on how to use it and then it clicked.

Thanks for your help once again.
Viper278
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
viper278

Post by viper278 »

isycz wrote:
viper278 wrote:.... but what do I select for the trailer?
Use grain transport mode as described at http://courseplay.github.io/courseplay/ ... driveMode1
If I am not mistaken, that is what I did. I tried the option of stating at "Start at first waypoint" and "nearest waypoint" and both ways the trailer did not stop and wait.
I have started a new map and haven't had the need to do this ttype of unloading yet so when I do, I will retry it again.

Thanks for your help.
isycz

Post by isycz »

@viper278 ... grain transport mode is mostly used for selling grain from a silo, though it works equally well for unloading a harvester. Try selling grain from a silo, the mechanics are the same. Drive trailer beneath silo. Start course. Load some grain. Drive to a sell point and unload grain. Drive back to start point. End course. Set mode to "grain transport" (this is the first/leftmost driving mode icon) and start course. If you are loading from a harvester, your start and end points should be at the harvester. Let this course run and it will sell all the grain in the selected silo.

Make sure you have a valid unload point. When making the course, put some grain in the trailer and stop and unload the grain when you drive the course. This is not strictly necessary but it does ensure that your unload point is valid. For example, your unload point might be full or not accept the goods you are trying to unload.

Make sure you are using the correct drive mode. It is grain transport (load at start). This is drive mode 1, the left-most icon in the list.
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

viper278 wrote:
Hi TB, I thought you make the course for the trailer to silo route, and then where the trailer stops and waits, I make the self unload point according to where the trailer is waiting. I thought that is how you made your video.
So If I understand it now.... You set the self unload route, hit pause point for the combi, then set the route for the trailer. Is this correct then?

Also I found the answer to the question of having the vehicle go past the edge of the field. I thought I saw it in a video of Courseplay, but it was actually on how to use the GPS mod video. The PV 15 map has the GPS mod and I had to watch a video on how to use it and then it clicked.

Thanks for your help once again.
Viper278
Hi Viper. It does not matter which way you do it the key thing is. Where the Combi self unloads (this is where you put a 'wait' point). should be next to the start point of the trailer that is doing the grain transport. just remember the wait point for the combi should be set at the 'tipper grain transports' starting location not its ending one. Hope this helps.

TB