Better Mac Smoothside Trailer?

gilroy222

Better Mac Smoothside Trailer?

Post by gilroy222 »

For anyone that has used the Mac Smoothside trailer, you'll know that it is a very good replica of what typical american gran trailers look like. However there is one huge problem.... it is simply a conversion from an FS13 mod and had no attention paid to textures or to colours. The blacks are wayyyy off to the point that they look grey and the textures are really bad in comparison to Giants'.

Does anyone know of any similar trailers that look better or is anyone able to make a better version of this?
thunderhawk

Re: Better Mac Smoothside Trailer?

Post by thunderhawk »

If Got The Mac Smooth side and there's nothing wrong with mine must be your video card or a different mod than mine
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Mind posting a link to yours? The light textures on mine are awfuly un realistic and the black on the tires and mud flaps is not black but rather a charcoal grey with foggy look to it. I've downloaded three different versions from various sites and they're all the exact same one just sometimes have logos on the side. I'm playing smoothly on medium settings btw and my brother whose pc is eons better than mine playing on high settings can confirm the same.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

thunderhawk wrote:If Got The Mac Smooth side and there's nothing wrong with mine must be your video card or a different mod than mine
more likely it the opposite. on very low resolution systems it looks quite nice, though it does not get dirty (no dirt textures). The higher the resolution the more flaws you see.

To gilroy - I have seen screenshots of some very good FS 15 versions of this, Wilson and Cornhusker trailers...but all are private mods that have not been shared.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

ilovetrains wrote:
thunderhawk wrote:If Got The Mac Smooth side and there's nothing wrong with mine must be your video card or a different mod than mine
more likely it the opposite. on very low resolution systems it looks quite nice, though it does not get dirty (no dirt textures). The higher the resolution the more flaws you see.

To gilroy - I have seen screenshots of some very good FS 15 versions of this, Wilson and Cornhusker trailers...but all are private mods that have not been shared.

Thats a shame. How come with this game no one wants to put mods out? It seemed with 2013 people were throwing mods out all the time.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

gilroy222 wrote:
ilovetrains wrote:

Thats a shame. How come with this game no one wants to put mods out? It seemed with 2013 people were throwing mods out all the time.
I never played FS 13...so not sure how it was. It appears that most US modders prefer to stay in small groups and keep their best mods private. While I can understand there are reasons why, it is very frustrating to those of us who have neither the talent nor time to create our own mods. In general I assume most of the good FS 13 mods will eventually be updated.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

I had 13 on ps3 so the whole mod thing is new to me this time around. The only reason I thought maybe people were more giving with 13 mods was because of the sheer amount of good quality 13 mods there are out there. On that John Deere topic, I always seem to find one that is of very good quality but then come to find its a 13 mod lol.

And ya I totally agree, if I had the time and the skill I would do it myself, but I just don't.