could someone recommend a laptop for fs15?

chaskuchar1

could someone recommend a laptop for fs15?

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I would hope to get hi graphics in the laptop. I would like to use a different screen that was bigger than the laptop screen and would control the game with a usb gamepad or even one that had a steering wheel. thanks, chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
SMDSY

Re: could someone recommend a laptop for fs15?

Post by SMDSY »

ASUS X550JK 15.6" Full HD
GeForce GTX850M 2GB,Core i7-4710HQ,8GB RAM,240GB SSD,DVD±RW,Windows 8.1
Is a good choise if u got the money for it..

abit more realistic choise that can run it is this

Acer Aspire V7-582PG 15,6" HD touch
GeForce GTX850M 4GB, Core i5-4210U, 12GB RAM, 500GB SSHD, Windows 8.1

or if u whant to go cheaper u have this

Acer Aspire E5-771G 17.3" HD+
GeForce 840M,Core i5-5200U,8GB RAM,1000GB HDD,DVD±RW, Windows 8.1

But i reqomend the
Acer Aspire V7-582PG 15,6" HD touch
GeForce GTX850M 4GB, Core i5-4210U, 12GB RAM, 500GB SSHD, Windows 8.1
due to avalible ram u have in it...

hope this game u someides on what could bee afordable..
_Ty_

Post by _Ty_ »

IS it absolutely necessary it be a laptop?
Ty
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

new or used? what is your budget?

I just picked up a Toshiba S70a - i7, 12 GB RAM, GTX850M 2gb VRAM, 1tb HD for 500 used. Really good shape. Runs in highest settings in game, will also run GE.

Critical things are make sure you have a GOOD video card (do not buy anything with intel graphics only), look for GTX 750, 850 or above, must have at least 2gb VRAM, and I would opt for as much RAM as you get.

usually laptops with big screens have better video cards, and really poor battery life.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

chaskuchar1 wrote:I would hope to get hi graphics in the laptop. I would like to use a different screen that was bigger than the laptop screen and would control the game with a usb gamepad or even one that had a steering wheel. thanks, chas

MY wife bought me a gaming PC from Best Buy back in December so I could play this game, and it works great and I have had no issue with framrates so far. They told her it had a great graphics card. Don't know anything about PC's, so I cant tell you much, other than its a ASUS, and there is a sticker called NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX, and says 860M, I think that is the graphics card, although not sure, and they say it has a lot of memory too. I have been pleased with it, and I think it was somewhere around 1500$'s or a little more than that.

Unfortunately I think to play this game, your going to have to spend some money if you don't want to have issues with framerates. I know if you try and go the cheap route, you will probably be disappointed in how it performs with this game. My old PC, I had a farm game called tractor sim, and it was horrible to play, cause of framerate issues, plus I don't think that game was built all that well, so that probably played a part in it.
flyboy67109

Post by flyboy67109 »

You can use a laptop and there are several out there that will work. However, you'll soon find out you'll be singing the first line of The Christmas Song after only a few minutes.
viper278

Post by viper278 »

I have an ASUS laptop 17" screen made for gaming. I only have a GTX 670m 2GB video and I play it on medium settings with no problems, I did have to update the drivers to get FS15 to work at first try. Medium settings I find have great detail. I think I did try HIgh settings and lagged a bit. But I will have to try again because I might have tried High before my driver updated.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
littleleonard2008

Post by littleleonard2008 »

I just got a dell laptop with core i5 and works great only problem ive had with it is I cant find out how to zoom in and out when trying to load trees
viper278

Post by viper278 »

viper278 wrote:I have an ASUS laptop 17" screen made for gaming. I only have a GTX 670m 2GB video and I play it on medium settings with no problems, I did have to update the drivers to get FS15 to work at first try. Medium settings I find have great detail. I think I did try HIgh settings and lagged a bit. But I will have to try again because I might have tried High before my driver updated.
I checked my settings and I am using Very High. It must have been another game where high settings were lagging. Maybe spintires..

littleleonard2008 wrote:I just got a dell laptop with core i5 and works great only problem ive had with it is I cant find out how to zoom in and out when trying to load trees
On my laptop ... if you use 2 fingers on the pad = the middle mouse button = zoom in/out.
Try this to see if it works.
Also look in your mouse settings in the control panel. I believe you can set how to perform that action.
Check your settings in the mouse properties. Mine shows a little video on how to perform each action.
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
Farmer2B

Post by Farmer2B »

littleleonard2008 wrote:I just got a dell laptop with core i5 and works great only problem ive had with it is I cant find out how to zoom in and out when trying to load trees

Did you try the page up / page down keys? Those are what have worked on mine.
littleleonard2008

Post by littleleonard2008 »

none of them work for me page up and down just looks around on my desktop the center scroll on the mouse does the zoom in/out
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

littleleonard2008 wrote:none of them work for me page up and down just looks around on my desktop the center scroll on the mouse does the zoom in/out
just FYI but all of this is controlled in the key bindings. You can change any of these to better suit your specific keyboard layout or preferences.
viper278

Post by viper278 »

littleleonard2008 wrote:none of them work for me page up and down just looks around on my desktop the center scroll on the mouse does the zoom in/out
I think the default keys are the + & - next to the zero of the numbers row. To check, before you select your career or multilayer, there is an option button under it. Click on that and click on controls. You will see what keys go to what action. To change the key listed, left click on the column you want to change and then click the new key or key combo. I wrote down on a paper all the keys on the computer plus KP and F keys and then wrote down the action that goes with it. I only wrote key combos (CTRL/ALT/Shift R or L) when I come across those. If you have a lot of mods you are going to see quite a long list of keys. You will also find that the same key does multiple actions.