Questions From A New Player???

upstateny_420farmer

Questions From A New Player???

Post by upstateny_420farmer »

I am very new to this game. Love it by the way! I have a few questions though.

1.) What is the best time lapse to play with? So time passes by , but not to quickly. (Actual time, 5X, 10X...)

2.) How often do chickens produce eggs? Also, where in the chicken pen do i find the eggs to harvest?

3.) What do I have to do with my bee hive to make money with it?

4.) Do you start with fertilizer stored someplace? If not how do I make it? Can I buy it? I bought the fertilizer sprayer for a little over 9,000. Where can i fill it up at to spray my fields? I currently have no crops grown yet. Working on a wheat and canola field. Wondering how i go about fertilizing them?

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Bootdancer47

Re: Questions From A New Player???

Post by Bootdancer47 »

You should watch some videos of the game being played. The third subject line in the forum has videos and tutorials by Inzainia that are excellent. Taking the time to watch these videos will answer your questions. It amazes me that people try to play this game and then have questions about the basics of the game, especially those just beginning to play. Do a little research on your own--you will be amazed at what has been put on you-tube to learn.
MikeJuggles

Post by MikeJuggles »

1) Depending on the size of your operation, I find myself switching between time lapses pretty often. I do real time when cultivating/sowing so that all of my crops fully mature around the same time. (I also play with FAST growth on, and no plant withering) 5X when doing other chores like feeding animals, forestry, mowing/teddering/windrowing grass... Personal preference, really. I don't like farming at night, so I speed up to 120X to skip the night.

2) Chickens lay eggs once per day. More chickens = more eggs. And to harvest them you just walk around inside the chicken pen and collect the eggs off the ground. It's pretty tedious. They arent worth a whole lot of money, so take them to market after you have a lot of them. Also, you can only have a maximum of 57 eggs in the pen at any one time. So if you dont pick them up for awhile, you will still only have 57 eggs to pick up.

3)Beehives automatically pay out money every hour on the hour. All you have to do is buy and place it and your work is done. Same with solar panels, wind turbines, and greenhouses.(greenhouses need manure and water to be productive, so you NEED cows in order to have greenhouses)

4) Fertilizer can be purchased at your farm or at the garden center from the large, blue tank. Just drive your sprayer up to it and slect the "fill" option. (later on you can also use manure/slurry to fertilize fileds. Cows produce it basically for free, and it gives the same benefits as fertilizer.)

Hope this helped. Cheers!
Jaygoodwin1977

Post by Jaygoodwin1977 »

this guide gave me loads of advice as a new player to FS15 on PS4

http://guides.gamepressure.com/farmings ... p?ID=27302
Based in the UK and on the PS4
upstateny_420farmer

MikeJuggles wrote:1) Depending on the size of your operation, I find myself switching between time lapses pretty often. I do real time when cultivating/sowing so that all of my crops fully mature around the same time. (I also play with FAST growth on, and no plant withering) 5X when doing other chores like feeding animals, forestry, mowing/teddering/windrowing grass... Personal preference, really. I don't like farming at night, so I speed up to 120X to skip the night.

2) Chickens lay eggs once per day. More chickens = more eggs. And to harvest them you just walk around inside the chicken pen and collect the eggs off the ground. It's pretty tedious. They arent worth a whole lot of money, so take them to market after you have a lot of them. Also, you can only have a maximum of 57 eggs in the pen at any one time. So if you dont pick them up for awhile, you will still only have 57 eggs to pick up.

3)Beehives automatically pay out money every hour on the hour. All you have to do is buy and place it and your work is done. Same with solar panels, wind turbines, and greenhouses.(greenhouses need manure and water to be productive, so you NEED cows in order to have greenhouses)

4) Fertilizer can be purchased at your farm or at the garden center from the large, blue tank. Just drive your sprayer up to it and slect the "fill" option. (later on you can also use manure/slurry to fertilize fileds. Cows produce it basically for free, and it gives the same benefits as fertilizer.)

Thank you. You have been really helpful. I obviously see there are how to videos, and know all about youtube. These were kinda specific questions. Especially the time lapse one. thanks again. Very helpful. I really appreciate it.
MikeJuggles

Post by MikeJuggles »

No problem. Just have fun.
Oh, and about the greenhouses. They are the only placeable object that you have to tend to. But dont worry cuz getting cows started is expensive at the beginning. Solar and wind are best for the payout. Beehives are nice and cheap in the beginning though. Same with your chickens. Though you may find yourself abandoning them later on. Better ways to make money, like silage and forestry. Don't take my word on that though. Play however you want. That's what makes the game fun when you get down to it.
upstateny_420farmer

Thanks for all the help and advice. Been extremly helpful. I really appreciate it. *thumbsup*
danielhawkins

Post by danielhawkins »

MikeJuggles wrote:Also, you can only have a maximum of 57 eggs in the pen at any one time. So if you dont pick them up for awhile, you will still only have 57 eggs to pick up.
I thought this too but just since i have bought more chickens and had time turned up and forgot about chickens, the animal HUD (MOD) showed 60 eggs and turned red. It does turn red at 57 but yes it has been to 60 twice?? :hmm:
What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-MSI Gaming Pro Carbon RGB
-Intel i7 6850K Hexacore 3.6gHz-3.9gHz
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 1TB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
-Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
-Samsung SyncMaster B2240
How to find and post your Log.txt
WearierJester

Post by WearierJester »

MikeJuggles wrote:4) Fertilizer can be purchased at your farm or at the garden center from the large, blue tank. Just drive your sprayer up to it and slect the "fill" option. (later on you can also use manure/slurry to fertilize fileds. Cows produce it basically for free, and it gives the same benefits as fertilizer.)

Slurry is a bi product of Silage from the Bio-Gas Plant, there will be a huge tank there that you can fill with a Slurry tanker to fertilize your fields. You can find the liquid manure pump right next to your cow barn, it basically an in ground tank, use the Slurry tanker to fill as well.