Fliegl timber runner!!!

cygnusx1

Fliegl timber runner!!!

Post by cygnusx1 »

Howdy Folks!!!
Just checked in on the forum and searched "Fliegl Timber Runner" and there were no posts, so now I'll ask. Started a new career and figured I would focus on logging. I purchased:
1. Chainsaw
2. Man TGS 18.440
3. Fliegl Timber Runner
4. Liebherr L538
5. Log Fork
So, off I go to get rich. Set up and started cutting. I found Poplar works best for loading with the Liebherr. I had all fells stripped of their branches and was a few hours into this when I started to load the Fliegl. I had 11 poplars loaded and drove to the sawmill. I get the trailer over the yellow box and am expecting to hear that 'Cha Ching' when........ nothing happened??? I brought the Liebherr over and tediously removed a log and placed it on the box and was hoping it wouldn't 'ching', thinking maybe it was a trigger issue, but no it accepted it willingly? So, my question is, "Why does the unloading box not register the load on the Fliegl?" It seems highly inefficient to have to drive both vehicles back and forth just to unload the logs, Which is a spectacle all by itself... Don't even get me started on the physics aspect!! Can the Fliegl be modded to unload over the box area?
pigpen

Re: Fliegl timber runner!!!

Post by pigpen »

try backing up to the train. you will make more money doing this.
Alienware PC.
namerifrats

Post by namerifrats »

It won't unload by it's self. Just keep a large wheel loader or telehandler at the sell point. Pull up, drop the trailer, pull up just a bit....then tip the whole trailer to dump/sell the load with the front loader. Trailer will land back upright. Jump in the truck, grab the trailer and go get another load. Not very realistic, but effective.
fred4553

Post by fred4553 »

I use the I T runner dump body easy to load and dump i am on pc this also works if you back it up to a chipper with short logs and tilt the bed
cygnusx1

Post by cygnusx1 »

Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions! BUT...!!! I found a fix. I once again delved into map modding. I copied my \Farming Simulator 2015\data\maps folder to the desktop so I could open it with the editor_6.0.3_win64 version! Found the locations and then the sawmill. Clicked on the WoodSellAreaTrigger box and found the attributes Scale Y was set for 0.1. I changed it to 5, which I figured was high enough for any load. I then saved the map. Now for the unknown!!?? I took the map02.i3d file, placed it in a safe folder, and took the edited map02.i3d file and placed it into my fs15\data\maps\. I loaded the game and opened my last save game. My Man TGS 18.440 was there with a full load of logs on the Fliegl Timber Runner. I pulled the truck up to the trigger and Cha Ching. Unloaded like a charm! So now for a question. Since it worked, does anyone forsee any crash problems with what I did? I thought changing a map.i3d file would require starting a new career! I guess I just got lucky opening my last save game. Maybe since I didn't add any objects or change anything major, it worked fine. Any feedback to my test will be put to future growth and experience!
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

No You Can Make All the changes you want to a map and keep game save the only thing I know of currently that requires A new game is if you Remove grass From A Area You Must Start New Game Game For the grass Blades to go away
NOTE This Is on modded Maps Some Changes In default Maps Will cause Faults and not work in MP Mode

And If You Want another trailer Option I Like This Trailer its the same trailer that has the drive side rail fold down trailer tips to unload logs this is my modded version of the trailer I made the 12m trailer 15 m the 8m is still 8 both are in this pack http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... er-15m-v3/
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
jim&holly

Post by jim&holly »

I started logging with all the same equipment and it was a pain to load and unload logs and make that trip..now all I do is use the chainsaw, cut the trees and 1/4 them (otherwise the BRUKS UN tree grinder will run over the 40,000 payload of the Krampe Bankit 750 ) and it takes a whole tree branches and all and shoots it into wagon, then grind the stumps with a CAMWI AHWIFM 700H stump grinder and get the chips saved also, where as with the Possee Scorpion it shoots the branches and you never see them..4 large fir trees yield the 40K wagon full and at lowest price at Bio Mass of $1,220T I earned &48,800 per load..I never got that at the mill for a whole load of trees with 4-5 times the lab or and time..now all I have to figurfe out is how to capture the chain saw chips that go to waste LOL..
cygnusx1

Post by cygnusx1 »

Ok, I have encountered my first side effect! I went and loaded the save game and started checking my PDF. I had 20 cows, and now have 0. I had 20 sheep, and now have 0. I had 30 chickens, and I still have 30 chickens??? My fermented silage for my cows is gone! And all my feeding troughs, both cow and sheep, are empty! That is what I have found right now. Not sure if that is all that has happened or all that will happen!? I am going to edit my savegame1\careerSavegame xml and put my cows and sheep back. I don't think its cheating since I bought them in the first place, right!? Not sure if I can do anything about getting the 244000 of silage back, we'll see! I am not sure why my chickens didn't get wiped out?? Any ideas? I could, as a last resort, start a new career if this persists.
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

cygnusx1 wrote:Ok, I have encountered my first side effect! I went and loaded the save game and started checking my PDF. I had 20 cows, and now have 0. I had 20 sheep, and now have 0. I had 30 chickens, and I still have 30 chickens??? My fermented silage for my cows is gone! And all my feeding troughs, both cow and sheep, are empty! That is what I have found right now. Not sure if that is all that has happened or all that will happen!? I am going to edit my savegame1\careerSavegame xml and put my cows and sheep back. I don't think its cheating since I bought them in the first place, right!? Not sure if I can do anything about getting the 244000 of silage back, we'll see! I am not sure why my chickens didn't get wiped out?? Any ideas? I could, as a last resort, start a new career if this persists.
you should be able to recover your save by using you save backup from the backup folder
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
cygnusx1

Post by cygnusx1 »

"you should be able to recover your save by using you save backup from the backup folder"

No thunderhawk... I tried a savegame1 backup. It still wipes out my cows, sheep and silage from the mentioned locations. But why only those? Why wouldn't it take my vehicles and hay bales? Strange. Also, I had a feeling trying a backup wouldn't help, since my orig savegame had cows and sheep and silage before I changed the map2.i3d!! It is something happening at the time of loading the game!