Need help with xml troubles

saskfarmer

Need help with xml troubles

Post by saskfarmer »

hey guys hows it going, i'm trying to increase the max speed of the sprayer while operating in the field. I haven't been able to save the xml, keep getting a "please check if file is open in another program". I don't have anything else opened that i can see. If anyone has any idea of whats going on or i'm doing wrong would be glad to hear.

thank you.
greengangster01

Re: Need help with xml troubles

Post by greengangster01 »

Use notepad ++
saskfarmer

Post by saskfarmer »

i am
Aranea

Post by Aranea »

first of all: dont edit anything in the basic game
second: in your case, maybe you had the game open and tried to edit the file in the basic game
or the game has protection to its files now (i dont know) which would be great...

anyways, export the machine to a mod and edit the files there, while you make sure that your game isn't running
MfG
die Spinne :hi:
FS modder & scripter
quality modding and support since 2012
viewtopic.php?f=884&t=115656
SenSeo

Post by SenSeo »

saskfarmer wrote:hey guys hows it going, i'm trying to increase the max speed of the sprayer while operating in the field. I haven't been able to save the xml, keep getting a "please check if file is open in another program". I don't have anything else opened that i can see. If anyone has any idea of whats going on or i'm doing wrong would be glad to hear.

thank you.
I just did it no problem saving it.I use xml copy editor http://xml-copy-editor.sourceforge.net/
[Windows 10 Pro running from Kingston ssd,Asus Maximus IX Hero,I7 7700K,Crucial 16gb RAM,MSI GTX 960 4gb,PS4 controller via usb]
SenSeo

Post by SenSeo »

Aranea wrote:first of all: dont edit anything in the basic game
second: in your case, maybe you had the game open and tried to edit the file in the basic game
or the game has protection to its files now (i dont know) which would be great...

anyways, export the machine to a mod and edit the files there, while you make sure that your game isn't running
Wow didn't know you could do that love to know how is there a tutorial for that?
[Windows 10 Pro running from Kingston ssd,Asus Maximus IX Hero,I7 7700K,Crucial 16gb RAM,MSI GTX 960 4gb,PS4 controller via usb]