Saitek Heavy Equipment Wheel, Pedals Axes issues.

Megatherion

Saitek Heavy Equipment Wheel, Pedals Axes issues.

Post by Megatherion »

I am using the Saitek Heavy Equipment Wheel, Pedals and Side Panel Control Deck and have a couple of problems. The main one is that the gas and brake pedal don't apply gas or brakes to the tractor until they are pressed past 50% of their travel. I have 0% deadzone and 100% sensitivity applied in the options to all axes. This also means I am getting only 50% of their full sensitivity / precision. The other issues I have are within the options / controls remapping of the game, which I suspect may be part of the above problem. The gas pedal is recognized by FS17 as Axis 6 and the brake pedal is recognized as Axis 5; in the windows properties test panel and other joystick testing software, the gas and brake are recognized as the Y axis only; gas is Y- and brake is Y+ : not separate axes. This also happens with the side panel joystick, with the blue light on; the joystick pushed up is recognized by FS17 as Axis 6 and joystick pulled down is recognized as Axis 5; again in windows properties test panel and other joystick testing software this joystick axis is recognized as the Y axis only; up is Y- and down is Y+ : not separate axes. I hope the developers look into these issues and fix them. Although everything is functional, I would like to have the full potential of the Saitek Heavy Equipment Wheel, Pedals and Side Panel Control Deck available to me. Congratulations; Giants developers on FS17, it is fantastic, I am especially impressed with the driving physics improvements (tractor tipping forward / backwards realistically when braking / accelerating...). The only thing I have found that I do not like is that only chaff can be made into silage; I was used to the FS15 method using grass and bought a bunch of equipment to cut and gather grass only to find that I could not dump it into the silage bunkers... Another suggestion (for FS17 on PC) is to be able to manually save the game into separate files ie. multiple saves; so that we would be able to load a previous save to "fix" our mistakes like buying equipment only to find out things have changed from FS15,