Truck attachments

FarmerDigg

Truck attachments

Post by FarmerDigg »

Wondering what the option off the +back attacher is for trucks? Haven't had time to make enough money for a truck to see what it's about.

Also keen to know if anyone knows of any road train mods for an A trailer or dolly attachment on the back of a semi trailer
Faelandaea

Re: Truck attachments

Post by Faelandaea »

It is an attachment that allows you to tow some tipper trailers.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

From the ones I have checked, the semi-trailers do not have a towing hitch on the back.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

We're talking the truck, not the trailers. With this attachment, you can use the semi truck to tow a tipper in case you don't have a tractor handy or maybe the semi is just convenient at the time. So instead of a semi trailer, the truck would be towing a tipper instead. It's 3 am and I am headed to bed, but if still needed, tomorrow I'll snap a screenshot of what I mean if there is still confusion (unless someone else reads this and beats me to it - in that case thank you whomever shows it) :)
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
titan357

Post by titan357 »

FarmerDigg wrote:Wondering what the option off the +back attacher is for trucks? Haven't had time to make enough money for a truck to see what it's about.

Also keen to know if anyone knows of any road train mods for an A trailer or dolly attachment on the back of a semi trailer
It add a hitch, the same hitch that the tractors/pickup have so that you can use the semi to tow trailers like the slurry trailers, bale trailers and the like.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Yup. And another advantage is towing a dolly around to semi trailers that you intend to double up on. :)

But here is an in-game example of the semi towing a regular trailer using the optional hitch:

Faelandaea Dravin
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Faelandaea wrote:Yup. And another advantage is towing a dolly around to semi trailers that you intend to double up on. :)

But here is an in-game example of the semi towing a regular trailer using the optional hitch:

I've got that same rig! That's a nice truck, good pulling power with great maneuverability, nice short turning radius. Another thing, some of the trucks, for their HP rating, are much cheaper than a tractor of the same HP class. Try hauling a tipper train of three up some of the mountain roads with anything less than 425 HP and see.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Just downloaded the mod someone did for it, too, where they put beacons and guards on her. Very nice.

OP, did the screenshots and answers answer your question?
Faelandaea Dravin
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Faelandaea wrote:Just downloaded the mod someone did for it, too, where they put beacons and guards on her. Very nice.

OP, did the screenshots and answers answer your question?
By guards, do you mean like front bumper guard, and rear headache rack? You have a link or key search words? I might be interested, sounds kewl.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Faelandaea Dravin
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

@Faelandaea ...

Sweet, a headache rack! It's D\Led, thanx!
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

Cajunwolf wrote:Another thing, some of the trucks, for their HP rating, are much cheaper than a tractor of the same HP class. Try hauling a tipper train of three up some of the mountain roads with anything less than 425 HP and see.
I noticed that in FS15 with the 6x6 Tatra. I used it for many implements other then just trailers too. Only thing missing was PTO shafts or it would have been more usefull then heavy costly tractors. But agricultural trucks can have even that so i saw.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Beastofwar wrote:
Cajunwolf wrote:Another thing, some of the trucks, for their HP rating, are much cheaper than a tractor of the same HP class. Try hauling a tipper train of three up some of the mountain roads with anything less than 425 HP and see.
I noticed that in FS15 with the 6x6 Tatra. I used it for many implements other then just trailers too. Only thing missing was PTO shafts or it would have been more usefull then heavy costly tractors. But agricultural trucks can have even that so i saw.
I like the Unimog U1600, 150 HP, 60mph, front and rear 3 point, front and rear PTO, and IC Control for manual hook up. You can get it with different beds, and color of your choice, and I use it in place of a small utility tractor.

Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Cajunwolf wrote:
Beastofwar wrote:
I like the Unimog U1600, 150 HP, 60mph, front and rear 3 point, front and rear PTO, and IC Control for manual hook up. You can get it with different beds, and color of your choice, and I use it in place of a small utility tractor. I'm trying to convert it to FS17, and almost have it working. It shows up at the store, but won't let you complete the buy, I'll get it sooner or later. That and my T66 Big Bull tippers too.

ouyin2000

Post by ouyin2000 »

The Unimog was one of my more favourite mods from FS15!