New starting area (Ravenport)

sittinhere

New starting area (Ravenport)

Post by sittinhere »

Now that landscaping is out. As anyone changed where their farm is located at? If so, where
Peter Griffin

Re: New starting area (Ravenport)

Post by Peter Griffin »

I got my horses on field 14 and going to start a farm on field 7
XBOX/ FS22
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I never settled in, started new farmer sold everything, bought field 8, minimal equipment, bought field 11 on the second day, third day started making silage bales from grass surrounding 8& 11.

I never thought the "starting" location was that good, you end up with a lot of money tied up in land and don't start with much arable land.

I thought field 1 &2 or 2&3 where a much better deal
NateS

Post by NateS »

I started building my new farm yesterday. Started with field 17 and plan to purchase 16, 15, 14 as money permits.

I was able to fit my house, 2 sheds, maintenance, chickens, horses, and hay loft on field 17 with room for 2 small fields as well.

Planted one field in oats and the other in grass. Using railroad silo east as my silo.

Quite a bit of money went into leveling and sloping the land though, but it is a beautiful hill top property now!
PC & PS4
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Placed a Small little Farm with some sheep on the North east Side of field 7.
PS4 und PC
Ganty

Post by Ganty »

I’m up near the lighthouse, fields one and two. Have the farmhouse up on the rocky hill on field ones land.
chaseydog

Post by chaseydog »

Done in GE as it's a bit more than the landscape tool is capable of but I deleted the Spanish missions and used that land for my farm. Renamed it Ravens Nest as it's got a fairly good veiw of the entire map
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

I believe field 10 is the flattest field on the Ravenport map. You can place a large cow pen on it and not be charged a huge amount of money for landscaping fees. I like building my farms in the center of the map with fields 6,7, 12 and 13. The north area is nice also with fields ! thru 5
Alienware PC.
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

There's a nice big grass area up beside 1,2&3. That's where I am now with the possibility of taking some field in the future.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
erict43

Post by erict43 »

I started with Field 7 and no buildings. It's a fairly big field and brings a good income. I recently bought Field 12 as well, still no buildings except for a workshop. I started with mid-sized equipment so the field work goes fairly quickly. Eventually I'll buy a nice flat area to build a home.
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

erict43 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:09 am I started with Field 7 and no buildings. It's a fairly big field and brings a good income. I recently bought Field 12 as well, still no buildings except for a workshop. I started with mid-sized equipment so the field work goes fairly quickly. Eventually I'll buy a nice flat area to build a home.
Field 7 is a good choice to start off with. With that scenario I started with the small JD combine and a Case 7210 tractor and a few small implements. Buying both fields 6 & 7 is also a good option at startup. In this scenario you would have to lease the small JD combine and Case 7210 tractor. Starting with fields 1, 2 and 3 and leasing small equipment is a good option. For me I stay away from fields with a higher number then 13. IMO these fields are a waste of time. Those little fields are going to make very little money.
Alienware PC.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I started at field 7 and now have fields 1 2 3 6 7 8 9 10 11 and 12. I’ve got 3 6bay garages, 2 large vehicle sheds and my house wrapping around the BGA. I’ve got my large silo and placeable fertilizer, lime and seed silos running along side of field 8.
I turned 9 10 and 11 into 1 field. I’ve spent over $2 million just in landscaping.
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

I placed my farm in the center of field 12 and made 2 smaller fields on either side of the farm. It took quite a few tries to find a place closer to the center of the map.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:53 pm I started at field 7 and now have fields 1 2 3 6 7 8 9 10 11 and 12. I’ve got 3 6bay garages, 2 large vehicle sheds and my house wrapping around the BGA. I’ve got my large silo and placeable fertilizer, lime and seed silos running along side of field 8.
I turned 9 10 and 11 into 1 field. I’ve spent over $2 million just in landscaping.
Just curious what field you have planted in cotton. I have field 4 planted in cotton and its taking forever to harvest it. I probably need to buy a second cotton harvester.
Alienware PC.