A simulator? No, just a game.

W1der

Re: A simulator? No, just a game.

Post by W1der »

You might wanna try this mod ... as it simulates having a gear box (a variety of them).

https://github.com/Mogli12/KeyboardSteer
Download the vehiclecontroladdon.zip

It brought life to my game!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

The base game is much more arcade than sim, and 19 is more sim than 17 was w/o mods.

I started playing in 15, and the game has gotten better with both releases since then. But Giants relies on the modders to make their game good. Frankly, without the modders the whole series would *censored*.
PC gamer.
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

The sound is unreal? Try climbing a mountain with a 70% slope with a real tractor, or mounting a bale instead of pushing it away.
This game is nowhere near the real thing. Where are the droughts, inundations, parasites? Tractors can fall from a mountain top without a dent, milk can be unloaded in a grid where crops go, animals never get sick, chickens don't need water and can reproduce even without a rooster.
"Simulator" sounds misleading? What do you expect for 35 bucks?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Smith Modding wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:12 pm
redglasses wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:22 pm I honestly think that the physics are much better then before. But we really need seasons to make the game good, I'm surprised that Giants didn't put it in the base game.
Maybe Realism Modding didn’t want giants to do it :hmm: I’ve been wondering why it wasn’t in the base game and that’s what I was thinking. Maybe Realism wanted to develop it themselves to make it exactly the way they wanted it
Lisertan stated long ago that FS19 was too far in development to add seasons without changing lots of things to make it compatible so that's the reason seasons isn't in FS19 yet.
kevthedev

Post by kevthedev »

being able to put the cows in any field owned and move them inside for milking would make a huge difference. In the 'real' world they get to graze all summer which saves food and cash
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

@W1der

I do have le latest ( and final due to modder archiving the github) of the vehicle control add on. It’s very simple compared to what we had in 17 and as of right now it is not being upgraded. I just couldn’t get it to feel right for me. I think the modder did an excellent job with it though.
gile

Post by gile »

@W1der
Thank you. It was done by Mogli. Althogh its not as perfect as the gearbox addon he did for FS17, its waaaay better then nothing. I read Moglis farewell post on github. It saddens me to hear he is done with FS.
But that just what this topic is all about; We are left at the mercy of the modders and their amazing work to finish the game. When they are gone, most likely, we will be too.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

kevthedev wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:03 pm In the 'real' world they get to graze all summer which saves food and cash
With 17 some mod maps included the grazing animals mod which this featured, it was also available as a mod which you could put in most maps with GE.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

kevthedev wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:03 pm being able to put the cows in any field owned and move them inside for milking would make a huge difference. In the 'real' world they get to graze all summer which saves food and cash
Here in the UK does go in sheds for winter, they only go in sheds for milking in summer
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Loads of games rely on modders to enhance the game or even fix the game for them.

This is becoming normal sadly. On the other hand. The game has been out for how long now? I think the developers and the modders can't preform miracles so give it time.
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
ThePrometheus

Post by ThePrometheus »

Great topic IMO. I agree with you, OP, and many many others. I like the game, but still that's not what I'd like it to be, back when it was announced.

Just let this settle in your minds: Someone actually thought that implementation of horses and their very shallow 'system' would be good for FS. I think your 8 year old boy would hate it as much as every one of us. Now think how many working hours was spent on this (it's software development, you know its in hundreds).

Also... Same thing was said before, I will just rephrase it.

GIANTS need to know that most of us, even the console players, have played FS17 - with ALL THE MODS available to us, vehicles/implements, maps, and scripts. Whatever the game FS17 is/was, mods just made it much better. Knowing that, you're serving players with 50-200-500-1000 in-game hours in 17 - a new game, FS19, the game that compared with the last game that we played, has 50% less content (because of the mods), and most importantly - base features feel like a let down, as they're not tested/fully fleshed out.
PC Gamer.
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

ThePrometheus wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:58 am Great topic IMO. I agree with you, OP, and many many others. I like the game, but still that's not what I'd like it to be, back when it was announced.

Just let this settle in your minds: Someone actually thought that implementation of horses and their very shallow 'system' would be good for FS. I think your 8 year old boy would hate it as much as every one of us. Now think how many working hours was spent on this (it's software development, you know its in hundreds).

Also... Same thing was said before, I will just rephrase it.

GIANTS need to know that most of us, even the console players, have played FS17 - with ALL THE MODS available to us, vehicles/implements, maps, and scripts. Whatever the game FS17 is/was, mods just made it much better. Knowing that, you're serving players with 50-200-500-1000 in-game hours in 17 - a new game, FS19, the game that compared with the last game that we played, has 50% less content (because of the mods), and most importantly - base features feel like a let down, as they're not tested/fully fleshed out.
Agree 100% I've been back and forwards between FS19 and FS17 since release in November. I'm back into 17 now for some of the reasons quoted above. The frame rate, lack of seasons and unfinished quality of the game have finally made me turn my back on 19 for the short term at least. I unwittingly bought into the hype, the CGI trailers, promises of a new and improved game engine and the train wreck that is the landscaping mode fooled me into an early $93AU purchase. Say what you want about my post...But there are too many FS fans that feel the same way I do and with good reason.
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ok hear me out on this one, with the e league coming up maybe they dont want the game to be a simulator. It would be more interesting to watch a "game" over a sim
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
W1der

Post by W1der »

Maybe it´s time to change the name of the GAME then !? :hmm:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

The point isn't realism, the point is the ILLUSION of realism. Enough real elements to sell you on the world, then enough game elements to keep it fun. If this was a true simulator, it would sell maybe a few thousand copies, rather than the one million or more sold so far, and we'd never get another version!