iwan073

Re: [Blog]Go big with Bourgault! Interview & Map Recommendations

Post by iwan073 »

Just a few tractors, two seeders and one or two cultivators
Ignorance is bliss
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

I took one look at Daggerwin's vlog and that made my mind up for good... I don't want it even if they gave it to me for free, I would not use it. It looks hideous.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

So not much to choose from ha
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

j_maybury wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:06 pm I took one look at Daggerwin's vlog and that made my mind up for good... I don't want it even if they gave it to me for free, I would not use it. It looks hideous.
I don't get it. The models look amazingly detailed. Take a look at pictures from the real stuff and compare them with the DLC.
You'll see that the models are very accurate.
Even the builders (Bourgault) of those real machines are baffled by the accuracy with witch the models are made. Read the BLog, link is in OP.

EDIT: I took a look at the video that DaggerWin posted and I saw that the DLC is not coming over as detailed as you would see it in game for yourself. YT tends to mess things up a lot. It's a matter of willing to pay €7,99- to try it out. :hi:

I really love the DLC. Like said before, the detail is awesome. *thumbsup*
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
Illinois Farmer

j_maybury wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:06 pm I took one look at Daggerwin's vlog and that made my mind up for good... I don't want it even if they gave it to me for free, I would not use it. It looks hideous.
That's a little of the top. What looks hideous? The equipment looks very realistic.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

Translated: I don't like the look of the equipment because it's not European.

The models are absolutely gorgeous and 100% accurate. Just because you have a different preference doesn't mean it's hideous. I've grown up around seeders similar to this and they are stunning and fun to use. I really dislike most European equipment, yet I don't go around bashing it simply because I have a subjective preference.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Changing gears, I like how I can attach the smaller disc drill to the larger seed tank. Now my BB 450's can work darn near a full planting season on one load.

But then again I only have 3 fields.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

TheCanadianJD wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:30 am

The models are absolutely gorgeous and 100% accurate. Just because you have a different preference doesn't mean it's hideous. I've grown up around seeders similar to this and they are stunning and fun to use. I really dislike most European equipment, yet I don't go around bashing it simply because I have a subjective preference.
I think he was speaking for himself, like you did. It's hideous to him, and gorgeous to you.
Not everyone is going to like what you like, or dislike what you dislike.
Just remember, some people like to eat liver.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Oh what a treat liver is
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

TheCanadianJD wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:30 am

The models are absolutely gorgeous and 100% accurate. Just because you have a different preference doesn't mean it's hideous. I've grown up around seeders similar to this, and they are stunning and fun to use. I really dislike most European equipment, yet I don't go around bashing it simply because I have a subjective preference.
That's where you are wrong, I like and use American equipment except for the ungainly stuff like a Peter Built, they are far too big for my liking I do not want to spend most of my time trying to get to a field then working a few minutes on a field then another hour trying to get it back to the depot. It looks ungainly, even the 9RX looks under powered when you compare the size of it, you would have to close the road to traffic, cut down all the trees on route and dismantle the light and road signs just to get it down the road. It is just too big and does not sit right with any map.

Yes you are right Farm Boss, To me this looks hideous, this is where I draw the line, Big Bud OK but this NO!
Illinois Farmer

This wasn't designed for an European map. It is designed for big, open maps that you don't have trees cutting off your line of vision. Maybe you should have just said it doesn't appeal to your liking. It definitely isn't hideous even if you don't like it. I didn't buy the dlc, but it still looks good and awesome console has a 9rx now. Also 600 plus hp is not underpowered.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

A case tractor can pull this, so it's not hideous, gosh some dont know thier equipment
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

j_maybury wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:15 pm even the 9RX looks under powered when you compare the size of it
Do you need John Deere’s e-mail address?
Maybe you want to tell them their machine is too big for the amount of HP it has.
Ignorance is bliss