FarmCon 23

farmer_bell

FarmCon 23

Post by farmer_bell »

Has anyone watched any of the random youtube clips of Farmcon?

I have had a very brief flip through and looks like some interesting things are coming our way. Alas, I do not speak German, so I was unable to workout what anyone was saying.

My take on new stuff coming.

New Horsch pack and map, with 14 bits of kit.
Nice Deutz 6 series released on modhub today.

The new map for the expansion looks good.
I am not sure, but it looked a bit like they used a hiller before planting carrots, but I could be wrong and it might have been a weeder after sowing..
A nice little Deutz tractor in the background and it looks like we can make carrot boxes. Looked like a machine to put carrots in the boxes, but also they had a trailer of empty boxes, so I am wondering if we can unload directly from the carrot harvester into boxes.
I am also wondering if they will extend that functionality to potatoes, as it would be nice to harvest potatoes and put them straight into boxes.

Randomly, it also looks like they are releasing a mod on modhub to simulate bale fires, garbage fires and stuck cats. Also a MAN fire truck to go along with. It looks like this will be a free mod on modhub. An interesting concept for sure, would certainly allow the current fire trucks on modhub to be actually used. I do not think it will be to everyones tastes, but thats what makes FS so good. You can play the way you want, and kudos to the devs for embracing a fun aspect of the game. It could add a little something if one of your bales went on fire randomly, unless said bale was at the bottom of a nice stack you just made!!
Personally, I would rather see revised animal husbandry, but to each their own, and I will probably download it just to see what it is about.

Did anyone spot anything else in any of the streams?
Lexie

Re: FarmCon 23

Post by Lexie »

Where did you spot the little Deutz?

Indeed, it looks like you have to use a hiller before planting, interesting.
Last edited by Lexie on Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

It was a mistake on my part. I watched it again and I think it was the series 6 from today. It was towards the end of the carrot section. The Deutz on the carrot boxer. I thought it was an older machine, but when I watched it again, it looks to be the series 6 from today.
It definitely looks like you need to use the hiller before planting, so that could be a nice little addition. I would love it if they made that functionality for potatoes as well, but thats probably hoping too uch.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

I was hoping for a little Deutz today, but we only get the 6 TTV, also nice I have to admit. The carrot boxer is a harvester, which load the boxes itself: https://www.dewulfgroup.com/en/product/ ... ailed/gcci
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

If it is the complete agrovation that we saw in FS17 and 19 then the map is the Knezmost map, where the Horsch farm is located.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

farmer_bell wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:55 pm New Horsch pack and map, with 14 bits of kit.
Just wondering if it will be free though FS17, FS19 had them.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Alma, Missouri: 140 Hours
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Latokulma

Post by Latokulma »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:45 am
farmer_bell wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:55 pm New Horsch pack and map, with 14 bits of kit.
I doubt, because I think i saw something about preordering it.
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

Lexie wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:15 pm The carrot boxer is a harvester, which load the boxes itself: https://www.dewulfgroup.com/en/product/ ... ailed/gcci
Thanks for the info, That could be a nice addition to fieldwork., Although it could turn into a pain if you have a big field and want to box everything up. Could be a lot of boxes!!
Latokulma wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:51 am
ASOLANDRI wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:45 am
I doubt, because I think i saw something about preordering it.
I think its been announced as the next DLC. So it will be paid for. However, it has been completely rebuilt and from the trailer, it contains different equipment than the original. I think it will be a good addition to the game.

I am looking forward to both the Horsch pack and the expansion in November.