Next Farming Simulator Wishlist

Helazak

Re: Next Farming Simulator Wishlist

Post by Helazak »

I didn't see this post when I made my "Dear Santa" thread (Sorry about the redundancy).
Two ideas that I havn't mentioned there; first the easy one:
The farmers near me will harvest one crop and then plant another and get a second harvest before winter hits. Often it is two different crops. I dont see any two crops in the game that will let you do that.

The second is huge, Real World Application. The main reason I started playing is to learn more about farming, and I have but mostly about equipment. I want more help with the soil. My soil is horrible I live in a forest that had land cleared to make a home. I have taken years to fix this stupid clay with organic matter, lime and supplements. I have yet to have a successful season. Growing stuff is much harder than the game makes it. I am not that experienced with precision farming, but it seems to be more interested in an environmental score than the more real task of getting something to grow. I think green houses are too easy. I would absolutely love to be able to input the numbers of my last soil test and then simulate my actual land in the game and figure out what I need to add and how much to get things to actually grow. Or what crops are best for my soil. As a simulator I want to simulate my problems and have this model help me with my land. The game has fertilizer, great but what type 10-10-10 or some other mix? How many lbs per acre do I put down? What does the soil need? How much Manganese Sulfate or Boric Acid should I add?

I know a big wish, but go big or go home right?
Last edited by Helazak on Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

UncleRico wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:45 am
redglasses wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:47 am
Eric, if I'm you I'm not taking this :lol: . Lets throw this forum back to 2018...
We can’t we have to behave, everyone is running out of ideas for email usernames….
Ain't that the truth.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

UncleRico wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:45 am
redglasses wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:47 am
Eric, if I'm you I'm not taking this :lol: . Lets throw this forum back to 2018...
We can’t we have to behave, everyone is running out of ideas for email usernames….
.....hold my beer lol
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Have there been any rumours circulating about FS-25? I've been out of the loop for a little while but got back into playing FS-22 again recently.

I presume we'll hear something about it in late spring next year.

Proper dynamic weather and atmospheric effects is my number one wish list item. Followed by dynamic terrain. The lighting and graphics do need a big refresh too. I'd like third person view done properly, its great for role playing. Better character model with a bit more in cab animation.

I'd like to see Giants fix the big things anyway and not keep on cramming ever more obscure content into the sim. Refine and improve the basics.
CrazyCarrot

Post by CrazyCarrot »

Denhalen wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:26 pm I don't know if this was already talked about. But seasons should incorporate the system that when grass is cut and left for a month, it will decrease in volume and after a while disappear completely. Now you can in theory cut grass for a few times within seasons and have so much on the ground, you can build a mountain from it. That isn't realistic. The mod seasons in 19 did that great, even allowed grass to dry if it didn't rain for a day or too.
Would be nice too if unwrapped bales out on land in rain or snow would decay. Im often too lazy to gather the bales, because I know they wont rot and its quick enough for me to get them when I need them. I do in January when I typically fill up animal husbandries and store enough food, straw, hay and grass near them to survive busy season.
CrazyCarrot

Post by CrazyCarrot »

Glencarron wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:00 am Quite the list. I don’t often use this forum as I have trouble just having enough time playing the game.
I grew up on a farm (NZ) where animal husbandry was the big deal; cattle and sheep. I really would love to see improvements to animal work, bigger fields for grazing rather than little pens and needing to rotate around the fields/paddocks.
I see above that you mentioned Oxygendavid is working on a mod for a bull for breeding. Any more info on this? Would love to see this in play.
I also would like to see irrigation come into the game and work with dynamic weather even if it means less yields or having to sell off some animals because you don’t have enough feed.

Maybe some already mentioned, but I got bulls on my farm after update with the enhanced animal husbandry mod (or it came with the premium update, as I installed both at same time so it could be also). Also rams and male ducks and you can breed traditionaly (so there has to be male and female) or with veterinairy interference (AI). Also it has young animals now like calves, piglets, lambs, chicklets and foals and some new goat breeds and they can be male or female so you can choose to fatten the males or sent them off as most male animals dont give produce. Rams seem to deliver wool though. Some horse colors have gone like the pinto and dun sadly. I hoped to also see donkeys but nope. I like it this way, this mod makes animal husbandry more exciting. Only the bull stable does produce milk it seems.... despite my bulls are all angus and limosine. And a few of the other two breeds bulls that were born in the cows barn that I moved there.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I did a quick search in the topic and no one has mentioned swathing.
Besides a yield boost giants would have to a implement crop moisture system for swathing to be worthwhile, it would either have to effect yield to stand in for crop quality or again crop quality may have to be another factor in sell price, i guess for simplicity the quality value would have to be averaged when mixing crops of different quality, might make it annoying to the arcade players so yet another feature that'll have to be an option (before I continue waffling).
Running on A refurbished 1.2k hp laptop which the graphics chip likes to crash (when playing fs22).
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I was thinking, what are the most common causes of an entire crop failure? Water, pests, disease; none of which are addressed in the game.

any idea why?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Helazak wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:32 pm I was thinking, what are the most common causes of an entire crop failure? Water, pests, disease; none of which are addressed in the game.

any idea why?
Short partial answer, So its not easy to lose money.
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Helazak wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:32 pm I was thinking, what are the most common causes of an entire crop failure? Water, pests, disease; none of which are addressed in the game.

any idea why?
Drought or wet, hail or other bad weather. Most everything else is preventable enough to usually stave off a complete failure. Not to mention any of these things are pretty infrequent. To properly represent them in game you might figure them to happen once every 50-100 years. Honestly even that seems too frequent. So it’s hard to add a feature that most players may never experience or if you turn the frequency up it might very negatively impact that game. In my opinion a variable yield system depending upon moisture would make a much more accurate depiction of real life as that’s something that’s much more common of an occurrence.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Didn't fs19 seasons have partial crop failure?
Running on A refurbished 1.2k hp laptop which the graphics chip likes to crash (when playing fs22).
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Gugernoot215 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:20 am Didn't fs19 seasons have partial crop failure?
It had patches with no germination, or spots would wilt.
22 Had so much potential. I feel like if they would’ve taken seasons from 19 and added to it 22 would be epic.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I just think it is funny that the trailer for the game shows a ruined corn field and that malady is not in the game.

FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Helazak wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:03 am I just think it is funny that the trailer for the game shows a ruined corn field and that malady is not in the game.
It's funny now, but once you've been around for a while you come to realize their CGI trailers are pure hype and bare little to no resemblance to what you'll get.
NDDan

Post by NDDan »

Gugernoot215 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:20 am Didn't fs19 seasons have partial crop failure?
I had one year in seasons FS 19 when the fall was so wet that I could not harvest most of my soybeans. I was frustrated, but, overall, it added to my experience of the game. Some players might not like that, but for me, the unexpected challenge of weathering that was fun. I would love to see rain as more of a factor, both positively and negatively.
There’s no place like utopia.