How do extensions work

Helazak

How do extensions work

Post by Helazak »

Can someone please explain how extensions work.

I can never tell how close you have to be for two silos to be counted together.
Can extensions from one mod be used with another mod silo?

How close do manure exenstions have to be?
Can you daisy chain extensions in a row or do they all have to be near the main silo?

Does the XML state the link between two silos?

Can I add an extension to a silo that has a production menu?

How do you tell the capacity without filling them up? To tell if the extension is attached.
Getting frustrated.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Helazak

Re: How do extensions work

Post by Helazak »

Well I have learned a few things the hard way. I dont like the silos with the roof over them for two reasons.
1. some tippers are too tall and colide with the roof
2. you can't unload an auger wagon

So I tried to use the tip grate and spout from the "Build your own Farm Silo" and the large extension from "large Silos Muliti Fruit" which looked like it worked but a lot of crops just disapeared never to be found again.

Also noticed that if I put the "Grain Quid Pro" production solo too close to the silo extension it would get connected to it and fill the production menu full. Which isnt too bad but I was hoping to use distribution to bring crops to the Grain Quid silo to manually move into the large silo. Can't do that if the production is full.

Got to start over with a combination that works. Glad I backed up first.

Lessons Learned:
There is no guarentee components from different mods will work together. I supposed I shouldnt be surprized. Maybe stick to one mod developer.
I also learned you can edit the xml to increase the rate of the downspout. It was taking way too long to transfer 4 million liters of carrots with a 2000 l/sec spout.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder