useful trailer... but...

Llewelyn

useful trailer... but...

Post by Llewelyn »

OK so I found this http://www.ls2013.com/farming-simulator ... #more-9996 and it's brother http://www.ls2013.com/farming-simulator ... more-10027 and they're exactly what I was looking for to build a road train :)

But there's a problem, the landing legs don't work. It looks as though rather than working legs, they have an invisible surface under the trailer just off the floor that it sits on. Now, the problem is when you drive over any lump in the ground, the trailer skids around on that surface.

Anyone able fix them, or tell me how? Although I'm quite good at fixing physics and suchlike, I'm very much a noob when it come to building 3D mods. Chances are I can edit out the offending item, if GIANTS editor will allow me to look at it, but that I guess will leave it with no landing legs at all, which is OK provided I never uncouple it, I suppose. But it'd be really neat to fix it, and then hopefully I could publish my alterations to it (I've tuned the rear wheel steering so it follows the tractor around corners)

Alternatively, anyone know of any other large-capacity (50,000-60,000) trailers that can be chained together? They don't have to be artics, could be turntable type. I don't intend to take the train apart or reverse it :D
Llewelyn

Re: useful trailer... but...

Post by Llewelyn »

aha. I think on looking at the scripts and such that the legs are meant to be manually controlled, but it's conflicting with standard commands cos it uses keys 8 and 9 (one for each trailer)... kinda silly to write it like that. I'm now trying to change the key assignments to something that doesn't conflict...

well, I can change the assignment of keys but the support legs still don't operate. I'm guessing at a missing or broken script, but I can't see the fault :(

update: tried removing the supports using giants editor, but all that did was to break it completely :(
ozMerlin

Post by ozMerlin »

Hi

The capacity might not be what you want but there's this one http://www.ls2013.com/?s=scania+agro+v+1.0+blue+premium But it has some issues, when turning sharp
it will tilt over onto it's side a bit.

I also found that when playing on the Two Rivers map with the rough roads or going over some bridges, the trailer will "jump and twitch" which is very annoying. I did
find that if i played on the "Cental Kansas" or "Big European" map it was ok though, as they are fairly smooth maps.

You need the manual hitching mod to hook up the trailers
Llewelyn

Post by Llewelyn »

I have the red scania set, which is I think the same thing with a different skin. So far, never got the trailers to hitch in series, what is this manual hitching mod? I've been studying the different trailers and many have trailer attacher points, but they don't seem to work or have issues like wrong height. Still not found out what the Index does in the trailer attchemer points, either.
ozMerlin

Post by ozMerlin »

Yes, you are correct it is the same thing and i have the red scania set too.

The mod is manual attaching here: http://www.ls2013.com/?s=manual+attaching+v+2.0 (couldnt think of the name when i posted ealier, i thought it was manual hitching)

You back the lead trailer up to the rear trailer and you hope out of the cab and walk between the two trailers and you will get the "Q - Attach" icon. If you want to hook up multiple trailers then it's best to use a loader to "push" the trailers around as it's almost next to impossible to back up more that one trailer.
Llewelyn

Post by Llewelyn »

cool thanks, I did find the mod but I didn't see how it worked :D
Llewelyn

Post by Llewelyn »

Trailer update: with a lot of fine tuning of steering, I got 3 of the agroliner 40 trailers to follow the Scania 4-axle lorry. There's still a slight issue with the first trailer tipping in tight turns, and just occasionally the whole thing jumps in the air, but I've had that with other vehicles, and didn't see what was causing it. I can drive it almost anywhere around the farmyard at Hagenstadt, in and out of the buildings. With the tweaks to capacity I also made, the whole thing is now 180,000 (50,000 per trailer and 30,000 in the lorry) and rather long. Takes a bit of getting used to how to drive it, you instinctively want to run wide on the entrance to turns, which is not needed. Unless I can stop the lead trailer tipping in the turns, I think 3 trailers is the limit.

I'm inclined to the view that the capacities are in fact litres: since, for example, a 2 x 2.5 x 10m box would be 50 cu.m, or 50,000 litres. If they're kilgorams, then some of the trailers around are *way* beyond what you'd get in real life, where, for most of Europe, the limit for artics is 44t gross weight - so a trailer carrying 61,000 kg would be somewhat illegal. Having said that, 50,000 litres of wheat would be something near 40 tons, so still a bit high. The 40,000 that the trailer originally had would be more credible, although the lorry should carry more than 18,000 which it does before I got at it :D

What's the protocol on mods and distribution for this game? That set of red trailers and lorries is widely dispersed around various sites.

I note that the manual attachment mod doesn't let me, for example, connect two Krampe 980s together. Still got something to sort with those, making the attachment point low="true" allows them to auto-couple, but the rear trailer is attached at the wrong height, and thus doesn't ride level. I think it needs a different kind of attachment. Gonna go look at Giant's mod tutorials now :)
Llewelyn

Post by Llewelyn »

one more update, got to grips with the editor and, on looking at the Krampe Bandit 980 mod which I already have, I found the rear ball hitch unit, hiding up the front of the trailer somewhere, placed it at the back on the under-run bar, defined an attacher point for it, and it works, I can chain those low-mount ball hitch trailers. There are a couple of technical errors in this -
1) the bar would need more structure to support it, if you really wanted to tow on it.
2) I doubt, in real life, that they make it with a PTO shaft running through the trailer to the back to power another trailer. But hey, it's only a game, and it looks OK. It does have an unfortunate tendency to tip the first trailer if you turn too tight, can't seem to fix that so far.
Voidheartd

Post by Voidheartd »

You can chain up the SRB-35 using this coupler attachment mod http://www.modhoster.com/mods/zusatzkup ... ger-srb-35
Llewelyn

Post by Llewelyn »

Interesting, could be a useful addition. I'd still like to get a B-double to work with those trailers at the top of the thread, but so far I've failed to get them working right. I think the landing legs should operate manually but they don't. Some day I'll come back to them and have another go at it.
alf2017

Post by alf2017 »

You back the lead trailer up to the rear trailer and you hope out of the cab and walk between the two trailers and you will get the "Q - Attach" icon. If you want to hook up multiple trailers then it's best to use a loader to "push" the trailers around as it's almost next to impossible to back up more that one trailer.
The truck driver trick for this is that you hook the back 2 trailers together then unhitch from that set grab you lead box and hook it to the set.
My PC

Lenovo Y50
Intel Core i7-4710HQ @2.50GHz
16 GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
512 GB Samsung SSD
Windows 10 Home ver.1511 OS Build 10586.104
Cinq-Power

Post by Cinq-Power »

Alf2017 is correct, build up youre roadtrain from the back end.

I drive a Lamborghini tractor with 14 Krone trailers behind it, just put 1 im front everytime i did wanna extend
Cpt.Ass
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by Cpt.Ass »

Cinq-Power wrote:I drive a Lamborghini tractor with 14 Krone trailers behind it, just put 1 im front everytime i did wanna extend
Think its the most logic way to do it.. But it still make me laught thinking about people with as many trailers as you have, or just 5, trying to reverse all the trailers on to the single one :lol:
And i KNOW they are out there.. Had a player once who kept doing it with 3 trailers :lol:
Steam: mikerowe666 - feel free to add me.
Cinq-Power

Post by Cinq-Power »

Hey, if you can why don't.
Did it once with 6, parked the 7th behind it, lifted the boom with the frontloader and jammed the lot back :)
Why, because i wanted to try if it worked :P

I know that a lot of people now think, why put 14 trailers behind it when you can do thesame with 1?

Now where's the fun in that 1 trailer? A game is ment to have fun and i have :)