pc option

smasher55

pc option

Post by smasher55 »

does any one know the asus rog gr8?i know most people going for pc now and im asking because i might be one of them :confusednew:
Mosimann

Re: pc option

Post by Mosimann »

Heyho smasher55 :)

I just red a review about the ROG GR8. This VERY compact design looks pretty cool. For it's size the ROG GR8's infrastructre is astonishing. - CPU i7-4510U (2.0-3.1 GHz), 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, GTX750 Ti (2GB). The noise level shall be equal to a console, so very low, actually. And mainly the power consumption of max. 70W is almost record-breaking. However the price of about 900 Euros is pretty high. For enthusiasts who love the "console feeling" this product is quiet recommendable, due to my opinion.

But here come the considers...

Watch out, this PC comes with no optical drive (means no DVD/CD-drive). You might connect an external drive via USB, but that's not the best solution, of course. Furthermore, under fully charge the reviewers (PCGH PC Game and Hardware) found the cooling at it's limit, keeping the CPU stable at 71° Celsius. On the first sight that's still ok, but on a hot summer day you might temporarily lose the turbo boost option (the 3.1 GHz), as the CPU probably automatically will be clocked down to the basic 2.0 GHz. And the ugliest fact: You can't upgrade (mod) your system by a better CPU oder GPU (or what ever), as there is just not enough space in the "case" and it's anyway hard to remove / change anything but the RAM sticks. The Farmer Simulator will fluently run on the ROG GR8, no doubt about that. But most probably you will be tempted to play other PC games aswell. In that case you'll be disappointed, as you're pretty limited concerning your system's performance.

As you consider to switch to a PC system anyway, being ready to spend 900 Euros, I suggest, you chose a better system. If you assemble it by your own (you'll find hundreds of accurate and easy-understandable tutorials everywhere on the internet), with those 900 Euros you'll get a MUCH MUCH better system. Or, formulated conversely, the same performance as the ROG GR8 you'll get for much less money. And that system still will be easy upgradeable at any time. If / whenever you need help with the self-assembly, don't hesitate to send me a PN, I'll support you.

I hope these information is meeting your request.

So long
Nic
Die Unendlichkeit ist weit, vor allem gegen Ende. - Alphonse Allais