why not thicker seed plantings and eqpt relocating

jim&holly

why not thicker seed plantings and eqpt relocating

Post by jim&holly »

1. When looking down on a grain field growing, there is almost 18"-24" between plants..when we plant in US it is very much thicker..can this be adjusted somehow???
2. Why does my Conveyor that I put in my Manure bin always relocate when I com,e back to map???
JohnDeere318

Re: why not thicker seed plantings and eqpt relocating

Post by JohnDeere318 »

1. I don't think so.
2. What map are you playing on?
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
jim&holly

Post by jim&holly »

Bjornhom..been playing on 2 maps for 2 years..one map bombed out on me at 7.5 billion dollars..could never get it fixed..up to 1.5 biillion again but have to chase my conveyor about every second day LOL
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

jim&holly wrote:Bjornhom..been playing on 2 maps for 2 years..one map bombed out on me at 7.5 billion dollars..could never get it fixed..up to 1.5 biillion again but have to chase my conveyor about every second day LOL
Oh wow, that's terrible. :shock:

I am sorry, but I don't think I can solve this, my apologies.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
DarrenK

Post by DarrenK »

You would likely best be served putting the plants in rows (as they should be anyway) instead of continuing with those clumpy little bush things GIANTS seems to have a liking to.

To put a crop into rows, in your crop's foliagesublayer section within the map's i3d file, simply drop all values except one in the width section, and just use .9 for your sole value as a starting point. You probably see this on the default maps for wheat and barley: width=";0.25;0.5;0.9;1.9;1.9;1.9;0.9;1.1" So, remove all of those secondary values and change the 0.25 to a 0.9.

The row spacing is then determined by your numBlocksPerUnit. The higher the value, the closer the rows. If you wanted to keep GIANTS' random clumpy spacing, then you could simply adjust this value. Then, you can adjust your horizontalPositionVariance to a higher number for a more bushy plant look to fill up the rows, or a lower number to keep the plants thinner. Similarly, you can play with the widthVariance.

This affects all growth states of the plant, which is what you're after. Also, be sure to copy your existing i3d file should you ever want to revert back.
dirtman535

Post by dirtman535 »

I'm not trying to hijack this thread but where exactly is the i3d file?
This topic is something that has bugged me for awhile about the game.
I found a i3d file under the savegame but i cant do anything with it.
chrisben

Post by chrisben »

dirtman535 wrote:I'm not trying to hijack this thread but where exactly is the i3d file?
This topic is something that has bugged me for awhile about the game.
I found a i3d file under the savegame but i cant do anything with it.
You need Giants Editor to open .i3d files. You'll find an .i3d file in just about every mod, just unzip one and look at how mods are put together.
dirtman535

Post by dirtman535 »

ok that explains that then... i messed with GE a little but not much.