American Outback Map For Consoles!

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
canadafarms

Re: American Outback Map For Consoles!

Post by canadafarms »

Rbk_3 wrote: 1. Obviously there are fences around pasture areas, but not around every single field that is worked. You know how impractical that would be? I grew up on a farm, I know how it works.
Again maybe in your area but where we farm it is a mixed farming area(livestock and arable) so a lot of the fields ARE fenced because they are regularly rotated between livestock production and grain farming. This was I assume the type of area Shoe2 is trying to replicate.
Rbk_3 wrote: 2. I mean the grass looks silly being dried out, then getting cut and turning to vibrant green grass.
Ok I get that but when you open your negative post with that it seemed as though you were taking a shot at Shoe2
Rbk_3 wrote:
3. I only talk about PC when console guys are bitching about the performance of the game.
Ok fine but that's why the negativity is so hard to understand because you can just change it to your liking anyway.
Rbk_3 wrote:
4. I have donated over $40 CND to modders this year already, including Stevie so I do appreciate modders and if I really like what they have done I give them a little donation. So don't go saying I don't appreciate what modders do.
That's great, I have sent away donations to some of the modders as well. If we all did that we would have so many mods flying at us we wouldn't know what to do with them. I didn't say you don't appreciate modders but you sure took a negative tone towards this one in particular.

Rbk you must see how that post came across judging by the reaction you have received, admittedly you were sour because you felt targeted in that video. I'm not on here trying to make a enemy of you or anyone else but when I see a modder.....especially one who is willing to go through the extra effort to bring his work to console players being picked on for his efforts, I instantly see red! You have probably hundreds of maps at your disposal, if RSV or American Outback isn't your thing you can just move on to next one but for us console players we don't get that type of selection. So when you call someone out saying they are overhyped that's not right. Most of these modders appreciate feedback and pointing out errors with their mods it just seemed that was more of an attack than a helpful post. Anyway no hard feelers on my part....you have a great day :hi:
PS4
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

hi there all

ok i tested all i can on the map till the test results come back . (its going to fail as i forgot the reset point).
on the good side the zip is only 285mb in size. there's no scripts and i have tryed to make fps as fast as i can.
standed in size. running fast with no scripts (i hope its all ok for console players). i will post the things i need to do.

i wish to thank Frithgar for the hard work on the youtube vid' for you all to see the map I picked (well done and thank you once more)

to all console players its fingers crossed on how fast you can see the map

as for the big bud dlc o I can not wait :biggrin2: one map waiting for you :this:
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

You're awesome, thank you!
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.

Post by 987 »

Map looks really good! Awesome video too. Did I understand correctly this map is coming out for only console players? All good if it is obviously Lol I just want to know if I should get excited for it to come out or move on and anticipate something new in the future. (I'm on PC) Either way keep up the awesome work. And I'm looking forward to frithgar's RSV map vids.
Frithgar

Post by Frithgar »

Anything that's released for console can be played on pc anyway, so no worries on that front!

As for the Big Bud DLC Mr Shoe, you've already released a map for that in the form of RSV! The timelapse on there is going to be something else, especially once we get ourselves a small fleet of buds to work the fields :)
For Farming Simulator 17 Timelapse and gameplay videos try https://www.youtube.com/user/Frithgar
Bushmaster77

Post by Bushmaster77 »

Not too shabby, fields look a bit small. I would have preferred an out west prairie farm like Westbridge, but larger fields like RSV. Just not to the point where it could not be on console.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Bloody hell..u can never please people
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

Haha no you can't. It's impossible. I think the fields are pretty good size. Too big and it would take forever to do them. I think people want a map that is just 4 big fields nothing else. Seems boring to me, I like big fields too but it has to be with reason. This map strikes a good middle ground with some smaller fields but mostly larger ones that will still be enjoyable after you've planted them for the 20th or 30th time.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
Bushmaster77

Post by Bushmaster77 »

eric21 wrote:Bloody hell..u can never please people
Cool your jets.

This IS a good map for those who like to farm on a small to medium level. Personally I like to farm on a large level, so I was hoping for a map that resembled RSV, but on a lesser level to accommodate consoles. I was merely stating my opinion with a bit of constructive criticism...ever hear of that?
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I am very willing to donate. Point me in the right direction and I'll drop a few bucks....
the big print giveth the small print taketh
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

I'm pretty picky with which maps I download and devote hours playing. But I'm definately gonna put this one on my want list!!

I usually wait a while before installing a brand new map. I don't mind waiting for an update (I like to let everyone else find the errors and stuff), but I can see myself soaking hours into this map.

Thank you for hooking up the console guys/gals!
*thumbsup*
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote: standed in size. running fast with no scripts (i hope its all ok for console players).

to all console players its fingers crossed on how fast you can see the map
Just wanted to say thank you somethingonmyshoe2 for making this map for consoles (PS4) and I haven't had any fps problem on any map that came to consoles so far. and i'm keeping my fingers crossed because it looks like a very fun map to play on. Thanks Again and have a great day
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

hi there all

ok gamers have asked if they can donate. lol well first off i make maps for fun and theres no need to donate. there's a way you can donate if you wish and its free. modhud now pays for downloads . so star my work and if i have more then a avg over 4 stars i get a 50% pay bonus.
so star a way if you wish to. on a more lighter note. just have fun on the maps :this:

Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

Will definitely do.
FS 22 and loving it.
Frithgar

Post by Frithgar »

Let us know if you set up anything like a Patreon page Mr Shoe, I for one would be happy to donate to you on there :)
For Farming Simulator 17 Timelapse and gameplay videos try https://www.youtube.com/user/Frithgar