Using fertiliser/lime

Share your creations with us!
MrFunkyToeJam

Using fertiliser/lime

Post by MrFunkyToeJam »

Hi I’m new to the game & really enjoying it.
There is one thing that I can not work out. When I hire helpers they go on their way & complete the task (most of the time). They don’t seem to use very much lime/fertiliser/herbicide (a litre every few seconds). When I do the task myself I can see the amount of product in my tank drain very quickly (several litres a second).
Am I doing anything wrong? Or is this just how the game works?
I am playing on PS4 with new farmer settings.
I would really appreciate any help on this.
Illinois Farmer

Re: Using fertiliser/lime

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Do you have helper buy fertilizer on?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
MrFunkyToeJam

Post by MrFunkyToeJam »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:12 pm Do you have helper buy fertilizer on?
Yes I do but I have sat in the tractor while the helper is controlling it and I can see the rate of product being used, it is so much slower than when I control it myself.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Turn it off and it will be fixed. It doesn't matter if you are sitting in it or not. The helper is still controlling it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
MrFunkyToeJam

Post by MrFunkyToeJam »

Ok, thanks for your help 👍
humbe

Post by humbe »

If you have the buy options on, the helper will buy it from the shop, teleport it into your vehicle and use that rather than what's stored on the vehicle.. To do that magic he skims of your profit so you're paying ~40% extra for the goods. They use just as much, but it's more invisible. On easy economy, profit margins are huge, so not a big deal, but if you're on hard economy, you'll really notice how that extra cost will cut your profit..
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

My advice, always buy it from the store even if you need to use diesel to get there. You get a free tank when you buy a tractor, that can help invest into you spending less money hauling lime, seed, fert, etc. up to your fields (or down). And it is slightly more realistic than teleporting miniscule pieces of germinating wonders
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
MrFunkyToeJam

Post by MrFunkyToeJam »

humbe wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:17 pm If you have the buy options on, the helper will buy it from the shop, teleport it into your vehicle and use that rather than what's stored on the vehicle.. To do that magic he skims of your profit so you're paying ~40% extra for the goods. They use just as much, but it's more invisible. On easy economy, profit margins are huge, so not a big deal, but if you're on hard economy, you'll really notice how that extra cost will cut your profit..
Thank you for your help. I’ve turned off helper buys & I can see how much they really use now. Thanks again.
MrFunkyToeJam

Post by MrFunkyToeJam »

Dairydeere wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:39 am My advice, always buy it from the store even if you need to use diesel to get there. You get a free tank when you buy a tractor, that can help invest into you spending less money hauling lime, seed, fert, etc. up to your fields (or down). And it is slightly more realistic than teleporting miniscule pieces of germinating wonders
Thanks for your reply. I’ve turned off helper buys, it’s much better 👍