Moderators

Lazarus99

Moderators

Post by Lazarus99 »

How many moderators are assigned to cover the "community" and how many are active in conversations? Specifically the English forums.

Either way the real answer is not enough. There needs to be more moderators participating and issuing written cues on threads that are delving into chaos. Giants your 180degrees backwards on managing this place. Stopping the nonsense should be swift and what can be dealt with later is folks appealing their blocks bans etc to administrators. But no you folks let the chaos drag out for way, wayyyyyy too long and then just cover what you dont like reading and banning ppl.

I want zero to do with moderating but there are a few members I know I know I would be ok with having the authority to at least put someone in a 24 hr timeout if they dont follow written hints in the threads from said moderators.

Do what y'all want but this is my gravity wagon post
Guil

Re: Moderators

Post by Guil »

What
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I believe the op is talking about the Ukrainian post where the one person needs to be timed out or ban and posts need to be deleted.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

I think the OP is also talking about where some topics just become fights between a few posters and go completely off topic and it seems they are not moderated unless people report them first instead of moderators jumping in and stopping it early and so it gets nastier and nastier
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

I read that fight and I'll have to admit that it was at least entertaining. It reminded me of the movie "See No Evil Hear No Evil" ( At least I think that is what it's called ) Where a blind guy and a deaf guy were fighting. The obvious language barrier lent itself to some interesting results. At least after reading the responses I have learned (according to a couple of the posters) that eating paint chips is bad for you.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Dont get me wrong. Personally I'd rather have us handle our own business but that's not how this works. It becomes a battle of who wants to retain their active status and play the long game the most. The moderators shouldnt bother getting involved if all they will do is ban people after the conversation has already been ended by the people involved. Its laughable how a feud can end on it's own terms and a week later a ban is implemented and text disappears.

Does anyone even know whom or how many moderators there are?
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

What did you want a moderator to do? Ban a guy because he called me "senile"? I'm not gonna report him for that. Or ban people for having an opinion on a thread? Those aren't bannable offenses. People could have opinions. The mod could move it off topic, but i don't know what else you want them to do. We can't call the forum police every time we see things we don't want to see or hear.

I think a much more important question, is what's going on with this game, when only one post was posted in 24 hours? Not gonna need a mod for that. Nor a "time out" being everyone is already timed out seemingly lol. It's not the end of the world.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Apparently your not on many other forums when you take your multi month breaks from this forum. Moderators should be a part of the forum. Basically users with teeth. I would say some names of who I'd recommend but I'm not putting anyone in an unwanted spotlight. They would be interacting like we are in this thread, but if someone says something out of line they can recommend we move past the issue and get back to the topic. Or if a conflict is getting out of hand suggest folks tone it down or go in timeout. And if those with teeth acquire an overly aggressive taste for blood we can reach out to the admins to step in or remove that person's abused privileges.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Well i def agree with your first point. Before congratulating a modder, the last time i posted here....was last September. And idk what changed in that time, but a minor scrub on a thread isn't a rationale for gnashing teeth or whatever. I suppose they could remove some posts, but there was really nothing bannable over there. But the topic, like it was on Steam, likely should have been moved Off Topic, in so the responses weren't off topic in kind to it. But whatever.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

I didn't say anything was ban worthy on that thread. But say for example, a moderator told everyone to keep on topic and some kept poking the politics aspect, then they could put the parties involved in timeout. The thinking is after enough timeouts some....not all....but maybe the majority of users would take the hint.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Lazarus99 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:53 am Dont get me wrong. Personally I'd rather have us handle our own business but that's not how this works. It becomes a battle of who wants to retain their active status and play the long game the most. The moderators shouldnt bother getting involved if all they will do is ban people after the conversation has already been ended by the people involved. Its laughable how a feud can end on it's own terms and a week later a ban is implemented and text disappears.

Does anyone even know whom or how many moderators there are?
Ones I remember from the English side were Alagos, Don apple, and the giants employees. Guil used to be and was good at it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Lazarus99 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:41 am I didn't say anything was ban worthy on that thread. But say for example, a moderator told everyone to keep on topic and some kept poking the politics aspect, then they could put the parties involved in timeout. The thinking is after enough timeouts some....not all....but maybe the majority of users would take the hint.
Right, well incitement threads, that can be construed as poking the eye of another in the mist of a conflict, should be taken down, if not to give anybody the chance to get into the polticis of it. I would agree there. But it just may be, there are moderators, and the posts and threads can be justified and no action taken. I guess we just don''t know.

But as an aside, if you don't mind me asking (not to derail the thread), this game seems pretty popular on the Xbox system being on game pass and all, and in fact, the Top 20 Most Played Games. But, nobody seems to post about it.

Are there more popular sites and areas people onconsole are posting about this game? I'm just asking, being this site seems pretty dead for a game seemingly doing well.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Ag Hauler wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:21 pm At least after reading the responses I have learned (according to a couple of the posters) that eating paint chips is bad for you.

If you haven’t saw the movie it’s like going through life never eating pizza or a steak, it’s just not right.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:44 am
Ones I remember from the English side were Alagos, Don apple, and the giants employees. Guil used to be and was good at it.
Here's a passive aggressive meme in response to that info lol

Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

UncleRico wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:44 am ]

If you haven’t saw the movie it’s like going through life never eating pizza or a steak, it’s just not right.
Him as the bus driver in Billy Madison LMFAO