how to add fertilize option to a planter

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
onlybr

how to add fertilize option to a planter

Post by onlybr »

Hello, I have some very interesting planter mods (Case IH Fast Riser 6161 and Stara Absoluta 44), but the Case IH only has one compartment (fillUnit) for seeds and I would like to add one for fertilizer, I have already tried adding a fillUnit fertilizer that worked to recharge, but I can't get it to turn on and actually fertilize the soil. On the other hand, Stara Absoluta 44 has both the specific fillUnit for seed and fertilizer, but the fertilizer is not applied to the soil.

Could anyone help me find a solution?

About Case IH, I just want to add the fertilize function and it actually works, I already managed to add fillUnit, but I don't know how to apply it to the soil, I even tried using the same <exactFillRootNode node="0>0| 3|0|0" extraEffectDistance="0.5"/> from the seed, but it doesn't work, unfortunately.

I attached a video on YouTube of the problem with the Stara Absoluta 44

Edit don_apple: fixed link to youtube video.
Dogface

Re: how to add fertilize option to a planter

Post by Dogface »

Look at one of the base-game planter+fertilizer tools as a reference. Most of the planters do both.

It sounds like you have only added the fillunit and not the fertilizer function. You also need to add <sprayer> in xml.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

Also trying to remember. Doesn’t the vehicle type have to be changed as well. Not on pc atm to verify.

Yeah just checked

fertilizingSowingMachine
onlybr

Post by onlybr »

Dogface wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:51 pm Look at one of the base-game planter+fertilizer tools as a reference. Most of the planters do both.

It sounds like you have only added the fillunit and not the fertilizer function. You also need to add <sprayer> in xml.
Perfect, I managed to edit both, what was missing from Stara was the <sprayer> part like you said, I used a <sprayer> model from a standard planter in the game (Amazone), changed it to her size and it worked perfectly, THANKS! As for the Case IH Fast Riser, I added a fertilizer fillUnit and then repeated the process of adding the <sprayer> option, in addition to changing the vehicle type from sowingMachine to fertilizingSowingMachine too both planters. Apparently, problem solved.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

You're welcome! I am glad to hear what we suggested worked.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

Great job