Not able to join fs19 multiplayer

minnesotajoe

Not able to join fs19 multiplayer

Post by minnesotajoe »

I was trying to join a multiplayer server with a friend, just me and him. It was my first time ever doing multiplayer. When he tried to join something came up saying "No connection could be established to the multiplayer game." The same thing happened to me when I tried to join his. When I pressed ok, it just kicked me out to the main menu. Does anybody know what the problem could be??
Lives in SE Minnesota
Likes Shorthorn and Charolais cattle
Favorite tractor: All American brands (Excluding 2010 and beyond models)
Favorite combine: New Holland TR 96 or John Deere Titan II series
Favorite skid loader: Mustang 2050
"When farm equipment gets you down, imagine yourself hitting it with a hammer and feel your anger melt away." :lol:
PLEASE don't call grain bins silos!
Guil

Re: Not able to join fs19 multiplayer

Post by Guil »

Make sure Upnp is enabled. Failing that, one of ye could try a VPN. Very few work with fs but Privat Internet Access does
jamesgreen

Post by jamesgreen »

OR If you or your friend are using a VPN or proxy, try disabling it and see if the issue persists. Some VPNs or proxies can interfere with game connections. Linux VPS hosting represents a robust and flexible solution for individuals and businesses seeking a reliable hosting environment. Built on the open-source Linux operating system https://cube-host.net/vps-linux/ , this hosting option provides users with a versatile platform for hosting websites, applications, and various online services.
minnesotajoe

Post by minnesotajoe »

I know it has been a few months since I posted the question, but I haven't had much time to play. I have had a total playtime of 3 hours in that time frame. Crop farmers get the winter off, but us beef farmers have twice the work during the cold months. We tried to enable Upnp, but it would load for a few seconds, then "No secure connection could be established". His computer wasn't working for whatever reason, so if I was joining instead maybe things would be different. But, I have no idea what a vpn is, or whether or not we have one, or how to turn it on and off if we do.
Lives in SE Minnesota
Likes Shorthorn and Charolais cattle
Favorite tractor: All American brands (Excluding 2010 and beyond models)
Favorite combine: New Holland TR 96 or John Deere Titan II series
Favorite skid loader: Mustang 2050
"When farm equipment gets you down, imagine yourself hitting it with a hammer and feel your anger melt away." :lol:
PLEASE don't call grain bins silos!
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

minnesotajoe wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:15 am I know it has been a few months since I posted the question, but I haven't had much time to play. I have had a total playtime of 3 hours in that time frame. Crop farmers get the winter off, but us beef farmers have twice the work during the cold months. We tried to enable Upnp, but it would load for a few seconds, then "No secure connection could be established". His computer wasn't working for whatever reason, so if I was joining instead maybe things would be different. But, I have no idea what a vpn is, or whether or not we have one, or how to turn it on and off if we do.
It appears this connection issue with FS19 is widespread and many people are having the same problem. There are several threads on this forum now trying to figure out a solution:

viewtopic.php?t=204297

I've been fighting with this for several weeks and others have been much longer already. Mine worked fine for years and suddenly refused to connect under any circumstance. It is very frustrating and makes multiplayer impossible. I wish Giants would acknowledge the problem and at least look into whether there is a solution on their end.