Some Mods Won’t Download XBOX

Gps_mike

Some Mods Won’t Download XBOX

Post by Gps_mike »

I have seen several topics on this but no resolution. I have been trying for 3 days to download mod map Deadwood. It constantly tries 3 times and fails. Other maps will succeed. Other maps will do the same 3X try and fail. Seems to be no rhyme or reason. Only using 10% (767.31mb) disk space. Have deleted all other mods. Have unplugged Xbox for a few mins and then for 10 hours while I was away at work. The 10% space used is nearly every official DLC available. How is there not an official response to this yet?
JensChrDK

Re: Some Mods Won’t Download XBOX

Post by JensChrDK »

I just dont understand why ya'll dont write to Microsoft or Sony, because they are the ones selling and providing the product, which Giants have provided for either Microsoft or Sony - so isn't the problem on their end?
And no, Giants isn't more likely to see that there is a problem, because you start a new thread on the same topic.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, is it put on the Bug-tracker?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

JensChrDK wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:07 am I just dont understand why ya'll dont write to Microsoft or Sony, because they are the ones selling and providing the product, which Giants have provided for either Microsoft or Sony - so isn't the problem on their end?
And no, Giants isn't more likely to see that there is a problem, because you start a new thread on the same topic.
How would the modhub not working be Sony or Microsoft’s fault?
Gps_mike

Post by Gps_mike »

Well as others have said, it eventually worked. I guess if anyone else is having the same issue just keep trying.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Wich Xbox? One?

Did you close the game correctly for the last times? Press the guide button, choose the game (don't press something), press the start button, choose close the game.

Did you try to make a new start of the console? Press and hold the guide button and choose to restart the console or press and hold the console button for restart.

This two steps should clear the cache for the game and maybe helps you.

Maybe you have the xbox one with much less alowed space and the maps you want to download are simply to big for the one. Your explanation of behaviour by downloading is typically for not enough space.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Gps_mike

Post by Gps_mike »

Yes, I tried everything you mentioned in the steps laid out. XBOX S. I even deleted all previously installed mods. Moved everything off internal drive except fs22. Then disconnected my external hard drive. I still had giants dlc installed and was down to 8% drive space used. I have seen a lot of comments about not enough space is the most likely issue. Not sure how that could be the case.

I started queuing up other maps and placing this one in the middle. Sometime all 3 would go through the 100% download, go to pending then restart 3 X and get marked as failed. Sometimes the 1st in queue would succeed on the second try, sometimes the 3rd map in queue would work on its 1st or 2nd attempt. Deadwood was the largest map of the set I was working with. Something hinky going on as I have never had issues in the past. I also have not played in a solid 6 months. Oh well I got it installed now.
Opteo

Post by Opteo »

Whatever it is, it looks to be on giant’s side. Seems like one of those odd issues, like bad cable, failing router/card, or someone did some bad tweaking to the protocol/packet handling. It acts like there’s a corruption during the download, then a failure of the crc at the install time.
Gps_mike

Post by Gps_mike »

Yea, something definitely strange happening. I appreciate everyone who replied. Even the one who suggested talking to Microsoft 😁. Next issue I have (this was a first) I will definitely put in the bug-tracker forum. Thanks again all
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

But ... He/you talk about disk space and drive space and DLC in this space.

There is a reserved saving space for the game, I think 4Gb maximum on Xbox S like Xbox one. Or do you mean Xbox Series S, this is 8GB. And DLCs does not count at all to the reserved space.

You can see up right in the Modhub the reserved and used space in MB. Please check/confirm again.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Gps_mike wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:49 pm ...
I started queuing up other maps and placing this one in the middle. ..
Did you have many downloads in your queue? You can see in the modhub the downloading items. Maybe you got something to block the rest. From there you can interrupt the downloads. This is strange but maybe this is possible.
Gps_mike

Post by Gps_mike »

I am using XBOX series S. I moved all games off my internal drive to my external drive and disconnected it from the Xbox. I had 36% of mod storage used leaving 64% available. Not sure what the actual MB was at that time. I deleted all 3rd party mods leaving only Giants DLC installed and that put me at 10% used or 767.31Mb. Still had the same issue. Then I deleted precision farming and that took me down to 8% usage 647Mb. So I had more than enough mod space and hard drive space available.

Initially I was only trying to download 1 mod at a time. Smaller mods obviously would download faster so I was able to see some download successfully and others not. I would delete them as I was just picking random mods for testing purposes.

We have starlink internet so it is not as stable as a wired ISP and maybe that is the common theme that I and others share. Not sure. I just know I have not had the issue until I picked the game back up from a 6month break. And other mods on FO4 or even snow runner have given no headaches.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

About the game and the DLS: are they updated / the newest version? You can force the console under my games > farming simulator 22 > search for updates.

About your router: is UpnP activated for your console to have open ports? Are you using Ipv6 and could change this temporarily to Ipv4? Is this a cable router? Did you try over WLAn?

I found something in the German section: while in the modhub download stops, close the game (press guide > mark fs22 > press start > choose to shut down the game) and repeat it with download and closing.

Maybe not for Fzs22, but you can read it / Google translate it:
viewtopic.php?p=815841#p815841
Gps_mike

Post by Gps_mike »

Appreciate the help. I was able to get it downloaded this morning. It tried once, made it to 100% then went back to pending and started over at zero all the back up to 100% and it succeeded that time. Again thanks for you time and help
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

You are welcome!