Impossible Missions

ryebred

Impossible Missions

Post by ryebred »

I just started with Farm Simulator 2013, never having played any of the previous versions. Slowly I am figuring things out but I am having a hard time with the missions. I bought the cheapest front loader and fork since it seemed like all of the missions I was being given required it. I tried three mission and it gave me 4:40 to deliver a pallet to a location all the way across the map. The front loader goes 20 MPH. I have tried following roads and I have tried short cutting across fields and over hills but can never make it in time. Are these missions geared toward the more expensive and presumably faster front loaders?

On the fourth try I did get a mission that gave me a 2:20 time window but the location was much closer so I was able to make it in time. The four minute ones seem impossible with the cheap front loader. I wish there was more variety also. Every single mission so far has been the same type of deliver pallet task. Maybe later they will change a bit more?
Kayrne

Re: Impossible Missions

Post by Kayrne »

Yeah I don't know if we're just doing it wrong or inexperienced but the timers on these missions are pretty damn insane. I managed to finish one mission while coming down mountains pretty much B-lining it to the destination, and even then I'd have only a few seconds to spare. I thought they'd be a good source of money as well as a time killer for while I waited for my crops but now I've ended up turning them off as they usually just end up making me waste my time and leave my tractors in the middle of nowhere when I fail them.
farmhand007

Post by farmhand007 »

The missions are from ski-region simulator, or atleast their just like the ones on there. A gripe with that game was the missions got repetitive pretty quickly. Personally I can't stand the first front end loader, makes me wanna run it off into the river. I tried a few of the missions and after dropping a crate running down a hill to cut time, I gave up.It's heck of a lot easier to stick with the mowing missions far less frustrating. Just attach a mower to a tractor and leave it parked on the golf course, when a mission comes up just putt on over and complete it for easy cash. The frequency can be adjusted down to 2min intervals so even with cancelling pallet missions their still good cash flow.
Kayrne

Post by Kayrne »

I'll keep that in mind!
inzainia

Post by inzainia »

yep, the front end loader STINKS!!! i have managed to coplete many of the missions though, even the ones(normal difficultY) that reward upwards of 9.5k with a 5-6 minute timer running you from the golf course all the way to the very north west. its hard, you have to be careful, yet crazy, and slow before going onto roads from the side, then haul tail off them (seems you only bump coming on, not off) one huge trick i found is , once you pick up the pallet, lift it high overhead, with the forks literally pointing straight up. after this, itll still get bumped up, and kinda hang there but you can wiggle the forks as your driving and slowly get it to lower sometimes. sometimes it refuses to move tho. all in all, the post above makes the most sense though. park a cutter at the golf course, and one at the camp site, and just do the mowing missions, they are doable with the cheap lawnmower(you will not get a bonus of much) or with a tracktor with a front mower(the slow baby blue tracktors will not attach, must be the red one or better) and only accept the mowing missions. youll get less aggrivation and with an actual tracktor+ fromt cutter youll win the mission and usually get a couple thousand bonus for time.

note: consider this , the harder missions offer in excess of 8-9k, thats almost as much as 2 starter fields net in profit from growing a full crop, probably why theyre hard.

hope this helps
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

1. Buy riding mower and position at golf course.

2. When mowing mission occurs, click TAB key multiple times to put you in the driver seat.

3. Mow

4. Profit
Aal3474

Post by Aal3474 »

I agree that some of the delivery missions are extremely hard with the cheaper FEL. However, if you buy the mower and place it at the golf course, you can bypass those delivery missions until you can afford to buy the other FEL. With it, you can make the required time frame and have plenty of time left over. May concider buying two of those mowers and parking the other at the campsite.
Other missoins that devs may want to concider could be an overturned truck that needs to be reloaded, loading and delivering a completely loaded trailer with pallets from one spot to another.
Racn

Post by Racn »

Just buy the Deutz front loader and pallet fork and put a mower on the back, then start reaping $$$$$ for the time bonuses for quick work.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I don't even bother with them, they're too time consuming. You're best off getting 2 mowers and putting one at the Golf Course, and the other at the Camp Site.
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Racn wrote:Just buy the Deutz front loader and pallet fork and put a mower on the back, then start reaping $$$$$ for the time bonuses for quick work.
Which one are you using for the FEL missions? The telescoping FEL handler or the regular Deutz front loader? Are you able to complete them most of the time?