downloaded game and it asks for disc

johndeerejunkie

downloaded game and it asks for disc

Post by johndeerejunkie »

as stated above, i downloaded the game and when I double click the icon, it tells me to insert the disc into the driver. I don't have a disc, I downloaded the game. Anyone have this issue and if so, anyone know how to resolve it?
tom42728

Re: downloaded game and it asks for disc

Post by tom42728 »

i had this issue pop up on me when i installed the 64 bit version had to install the 32 bit and activate it in 32 bit before 64 bit would work
Platform: PC
Specs: ASUS ROG Strix x570 MB, Ryzen 9 x5950 CPU, 128gig DDR4 Ram and GTX 1660 SC Ultra Graphics Card
Dragun

Post by Dragun »

Purely out of curiosity where exactly did you download this game from ?

If we know that then maybe we can help you out better.
Greetz Dragun
The Netherlands.
DDevil

Post by DDevil »

I have the same problem. I bought the box version, my brother bought the download version. I installed the game from his downloaded file and used my box version serial key. It worked (the key) BUT, he do not need to use any disc, but I do. So I guess it's in the key?
I tried what tom42728 wrote, but it does not work.
tom42728

Post by tom42728 »

it could be the key .. when you installed it may have recognized the key as a cd key and installed with the cd check enabled
i am giving you a guess here as not to sure as to how that works only the dev's would know that

my problem was a full download directly from giants

I installed the game into program files which would install the 64 bit version when I opened the game the 1st time it asked me to place the cd in the drive (which I had download and no cd/dvd to play from)

on a hunch I installed the game to the default program files(x86) which is the 32 bit version .. opened the game from there it asked me for my key and then proceeded to activation went in and made a save game to create the my games/farming simulator 2015 folders and files then saved and closed the game out and opened the 64 bit exe which now works without prompting me for the cd
Specs: ASUS ROG Strix x570 MB, Ryzen 9 x5950 CPU, 128gig DDR4 Ram and GTX 1660 SC Ultra Graphics Card
DDevil

Post by DDevil »

I think you're problem was because you installed the game in a folder which is a folder games do not allow to alter for windows.
Always install games outside program files folders in case the game need to write in game folder..
Unless you give the game/program right to write in the folder.
tom42728

Post by tom42728 »

actually starting with an update in 2013 Farming Simulator supports both 64 bit and 32 bit versions in 2013 you had to install 32 bit and copy the files from your program files(x86) into your program files folder then copy the 64 bit files from the included 64 bit folder into the directory

this should of been resolved for this game to install directly to the 64 bit folder which it did but prompted me for the cd in the drive when tried to run it

thats when I ran the install again and let it install the 32 bit which is the default installation into the program files(x86) ran that version and the game ran without needing the cd in the drive once did all that the original 64 bit installation also ran without asking for the cd in the drive

this is more of just a minor glitch that can be worked around ... giants really should of added a prompt to ask which version you wish to install