Streaming week is coming

Jballak9197

Re: Streaming week is coming

Post by Jballak9197 »

Did anyone else get feeling that the Ravenport map either looked smaller or just seemed like idk had less usable farming area. I know it was showing plots, but compare to Goldcrest Valley... Maybe its just me.
Hebrews 6:7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
bruce827

Post by bruce827 »

Nah, I got the same feeling about Raven Port. I hope I’m wrong about it tho. On the same token I don’t play the base map very long. Once a decent map mod comes out I’ll switch to that
Jballak9197

Post by Jballak9197 »

Did the case tractor behind the gator and red barn on the English streaming look like the 1455 xl or was it the 7200?
Hebrews 6:7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

All I saw was the 7200 in the case section unless the 1455 xl is in a different section. It's possible we'll get is as a mod converted.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:35 pm Virtual Farmer on the English feed....good lord... people are asking questions about interior lighting and beacons and other things and he is showing us how to make a sand castle... ** shakes head
I also didn't like the synthetic feel of the live streams. They are definitely not improvised.
It is like simul8 and VF are trying hard to keep everything within some limitations.
May be I'm completely wrong but that is how I feel in the live streams, that is how they make me feel.
I hope this changes. Because getting a bit more familiar with the game is important and good at this stage.
PS5 / FS22
Lost1nSpace

Post by Lost1nSpace »

Stonecutter wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:53 pm
cr41g_1965 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:35 pm Virtual Farmer on the English feed....good lord... people are asking questions about interior lighting and beacons and other things and he is showing us how to make a sand castle... ** shakes head
That combined with the constant cuts to the three of them instead of the game gets rather annoying. Thankfully other streamers will get their hands on the game Thursday.
What? like Daggerwin and Landykid etc? where did you find this information?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

On their channels, brad73m is also doing streams
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

RODHA wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:34 am
I also didn't like the synthetic feel of the live streams. They are definitely not improvised.
It is like simul8 and VF are trying hard to keep everything within some limitations.
May be I'm completely wrong but that is how I feel in the live streams, that is how they make me feel.
I hope this changes. Because getting a bit more familiar with the game is important and good at this stage.
Yeah i feel like their holding back on what we want to know or need to know, they really didn't go into alot of details on the buildable farm, all they did was place a few things on uneven surfaces and seeing how the ground forming around it, that's pretty much it.
Lost1nSpace

Post by Lost1nSpace »

eric21 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:34 am On their channels, brad73m is also doing streams
Yes ofc but where did this get confirmed? cant find any info
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

May be Giants just doesn't want to spoil the entire game and keep the most of the features for us to discover when the game releases.
It is just... I don't want to learn to play a new game, instead I want to dive deep into the game right away.
So, more information is always better for me.
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Get as much info as you can, some bells and whistles can be in the game for us to discover... Speaking of discover, no more gold nuggets... So this means no more 1 million? Or Giants have something planned?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thats a good question but regardless the answer I will be starting my first game play in FS19 as hard as it can be. I'm planning to pass 1000 hrs on a map.
That map will definetely be a Frontier Design map. But I think Ravenport and Felsburnn will also have some good hours on them.
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Lost1nSpace wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:55 am
eric21 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:34 am On their channels, brad73m is also doing streams
Well the keys are available to them on Thursday to review the game.for Brad it was his last fs17 video or the one before he announced a live stream
Deora

Post by Deora »

eric21 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:40 am
Lost1nSpace wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:55 am
Well the keys are available to them on Thursday to review the game.for Brad it was his last fs17 video or the one before he announced a live stream
Daggerwin will also do his last Shamrock Valley video today. And he did a small video about the C64 edition.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

Love the new contracts system! I think this is the greatest improvement in the gameplay for me! I can see me starting out as a contractor. One thing I noticed about the transport contracts is it doesn't tell you what you are transporting so I'm not sure how you know what equipment to take or if you have the right kit for the job.

The physics of the tractors suspension looks incredible, especially under braking! I also noticed that the geomitary on the john deers steering is much more realistic. It's got a significant amount of caster on the front axel! I can't recall noticing this in fs17.. I think the steering pivots at 0 degrees?

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the American map. It seems like a mixture of different regions which aesthetically is wonderful and I'm the first to say that I hate huge square edged flat fields but with this map I can't determine what to use it for. There not enough big fields to buy big American style equipment and if you do, half the map will be off limits as you won't fit down the roads. It does look like a masterpiece in terms of quality and without doubt, the best giants in game map that I have seen so far.

My only concern that I have had from the start is this placeable farm thing. Love the idea of it but my concerns have not gone away after seeing it on the stream. I think it's going to result in a total mess as the ground doesn't look like it responds very well to building a whole farm yard. It does alter to place a single structure well but I can't see it mating up to multiple structures. On the German stream it was a disaster with buildings sitting at different levels, different ground textures surrounding them and it looked ridiculous just plonking square pads around a grass field. It also wouldn't allow them to butt buildings up against each other which meant a big unchanged gully was left between them. I hope to God that we have tools to even the ground out and change the textures in between buildings. A tool to totally level an area with a single texture that you can then build on would be a soloution. When they demolished the house for example, it left a nice flat pad. If you could drag a blueprint/grid across the land and then be able to raise/lower the levels and alter texture accordingly that would put my concerns to rest.