Quick question about Lime

Weasle

Re: Quick question about Lime

Post by Weasle »

Guil wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:45 pm Yes if you don't want to damage growing crops you need thin wheels. It will work the same but just destroy some crops.
I wish I could believe that.

I have crop destruction on, and drove across the field with not only a semi, but also a tractor with no thin wheels, and the crops where in the various growth stages and none of the crop was destroyed.
MrDaisyBates

Post by MrDaisyBates »

Okay!

Lime works!

It was needing lime in all the above situations, but I always fertilize before I cultivate and I'm guessing the fertilizer was interfering (I guess the game treats it as fertilizer, so it thought it was done even though the box in the corner said I should lime).

Thanks for the help, y'all!
Memran

Post by Memran »

When is the "best" / "correct" time to use lime?
From what I've been reading so far, it should be between harvesting and cultivating, right?

Is it okay to spread lime, and then manure so that they can both be ploughed in, before drilling?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Weasle wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:59 am
Guil wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:45 pm Yes if you don't want to damage growing crops you need thin wheels. It will work the same but just destroy some crops.
I wish I could believe that.

I have crop destruction on, and drove across the field with not only a semi, but also a tractor with no thin wheels, and the crops where in the various growth stages and none of the crop was destroyed.
Do you own the field you drove through because if you don't it doesn't destroy the crop.
Ajarezz

Post by Ajarezz »

Just so you know (or perhaps knew already) lime doesn’t work if the crop is at ‘ready to harvest’ stage, made that mistake yesterday!
Guil

Post by Guil »

MrDaisyBates wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:15 am Okay!

Lime works!

It was needing lime in all the above situations, but I always fertilize before I cultivate and I'm guessing the fertilizer was interfering (I guess the game treats it as fertilizer, so it thought it was done even though the box in the corner said I should lime).

Thanks for the help, y'all!
Great to hear you figured it out, I never doubted you but sometimes the game mechanics expect X to be done before Y so that can confuse the helpers. If lime is needed I always do it after harvesting and have no problems with helpers this way.
Memran wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:18 am When is the "best" / "correct" time to use lime?
From what I've been reading so far, it should be between harvesting and cultivating, right?

Is it okay to spread lime, and then manure so that they can both be ploughed in, before drilling?
As above I just do it after harvesting.