(Solved) No prompt to unload a partial bale of cotton Stuck at 99% (PC version)

Saebria

(Solved) No prompt to unload a partial bale of cotton Stuck at 99% (PC version)

Post by Saebria »

I am trying to complete a contract (with leased equipment) for field 10 to harvest and deliver cotton to the spinnery. I was able to harvest the majority of the field and deliver it with no problems the first time. I had finished harvesting the rest of the field and ended up with 1912 left in the machine. It will not prompt me to do an partial unload. I know it is bound to Y on the keyboard but it does not show up in the prompt (F1) for the quick reference to the controls buttons.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1605923091

I have tried exiting the game and turning it back on. I have searched forums here and on steam and see that others may have a similar problem and not having the prompt to unload the bale but I couldn't find if anyone found a solution to to making the prompt unload partial bale to reappear.

Do I just need to cancel the contract? I'm not sure what to do. I hate to cancel this close to finishing it.
Last edited by Saebria on Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
wontbeback

Re: No prompt to unload a partial bale of cotton Stuck at 99% (PC version)

Post by wontbeback »

The cotton harvester will not let you unload a bale unless it is filled to 10% or more. Check that you didn't miss part of the field to get it above 2000 fill level. If you didn't miss anything you can edit the vehicle.xml in your savegame directory.

Backup vehicle.xml then open it in a text editor and look for the cotton harvester it should look similar to this, I removed some bits to clean it up.

<vehicle id="anumber" filename="data/vehicles/caseIH/moduleExpress635/moduleExpress635.xml"
<fillUnit>
<unit index="1" fillType="COTTON" fillLevel="1912.??????"/>
<unit index="2" fillType="DIESEL" fillLevel="755.270203"/>
</fillUnit>
</vehicle>

Change fillLevel="1912.??????" to fillLevel="2001.000000"
Save the file and when you go back into your game you should be able to unload it.
Saebria

Re: No prompt to unload a partial bale of cotton Stuck at 99% (PC version)

Post by Saebria »

That worked. Thank you so much :)