What future plans you have for your farm?

Husqvarna TS 352

Re: What future plans you have for your farm?

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

Start from scratch. Except I got my money down to 50k, went into 410k in debt to buy field and a Case IH 1455XL. I wanted to really start from scratch becuase I think that no farmer would have 500k lying around. So what i've done is Ravenport, bought field 23. Chopped down the trees, pushed them to the side of the field. Then plowed as much land as possible around it. Started out with Corn because it seemed to yield a lot. Unfortuanetly I made 11k off the field. So what i'm do instead is making silage bales (around 30 every harvest) sell them, then repeat. So far i'm down to 325k in debt and have bought a bale wrapper and front end loader. Eveything else is getting leased. Planning to pay off all the debt then buy the plot of land to the east of 23. Terraform it and place a house and shed. Then hopefully I will be able to buy a silo. Then I'll buy more fields to the west and maybe start a small sheep farm.
G'day
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

jpm1 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:58 pm I really would like to see you players that own more than 2 field play in real. I mean how do you do. do you have 8 arms, or something :biggrin2:
Playing at 1x really helps. It takes me around 3-4 real days to do 1 harvest cycle on my farm. I still have time to do Contract work as well, although that is reducing. It also means my £12k per day bank loan repayments are easily affordable. Planning is everything. Sometimes I'll leave fields fallow overnight and plant them in the morning to save them being ready for harvest in the dark. Crop cycles are around 26.6 hours for cereals. I'll usually sleep 2000 until 0600 or thereabouts. The forestry I have planned will eat into the available hours a lot though. I intend to do 2-3 hours of forestry per game day. So I'll try it and see how many trees I need to plant/fell per day to keep within that target. For my horses, I use the horse-helper mod. Occasionally the game catches you out, like when it throws in 2 weed cycles very close together. Just means prioritising your workload. I'm always forgetting to keep the sheep clean too. A diary with alarm mod would help me organise my time better. Something to tell me when fields are ready for 2nd Fertilizer or how long until crops are ready to harvest ...
Last edited by PoggleBox on Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

@Husqvarna TS 352 you don't even make sense. you say your playing fs17(from your signature ) because FS19 is much more boring..but then you post about how your playing fs19 above. mod requests make you mad but a lot of the best mods for fs17 was from mod request. and your going to be waiting a very long time for lone oak if it ever does make it to fs19...

just some of the mod request made for fs17
Farming Classics By: Dogface
5th Wheel Hitch BW Pack By: Blacksheep Modding
Powerful Spotlights By: Vanquish081
Hall Model-120 Pack By: Blacksheep Modding
Liquid Storage Pack By: Bdbssb
Excavator Liebherr 902 Pack By: BlackSheep Modding
and many more

Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Sometimes people do not update their signature.

Stop being a bully.

You already call people a liar with no proof.
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Ravenport 100+ hours in(easy). I own half of the map and I am currently in the process of buying largest and strongest tractors and equipment for them. Than I will buy rest of the map and move on into Felsbrunn.
I am not using some brands like Fendt or planting some crops like sugar beet, since I am saving them for Felsbrunn.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
emz

Post by emz »

Felsbrunn, farm manager, normal economy

Just managed to pay off all of the loans, yay, so we're debt free finally. Plans in the near future for our farm are pretty much just buying field 22 and putting our house there, near the pond (if possible), then doing more silage bales from our fields (19, 20 an 21) and selling them (+ doing contracts) until we get enough money to buy field 15 for the animals. Those three fields give us around 130-144k per round but the mowing, baling etc take up time. I really want to buy another Valtra some day and keep it where the animals are and expand the actual farm yard more. I'm kinda hesitant (and don't have the money for it) to try out the landscaping but it would be nice to have decent looking farm yard without weeds and uneven land/soil textures.
I've been called a "crazy horse lady". Playing on PC.
Guil

Post by Guil »

lefe1 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:41 am @Husqvarna TS 352 you don't even make sense. you say your playing fs17(from your signature ) because FS19 is much more boring..but then you post about how your playing fs19 above. mod requests make you mad but a lot of the best mods for fs17 was from mod request. and your going to be waiting a very long time for lone oak if it ever does make it to fs19...

just some of the mod request made for fs17
Farming Classics By: Dogface
5th Wheel Hitch BW Pack By: Blacksheep Modding
Powerful Spotlights By: Vanquish081
Hall Model-120 Pack By: Blacksheep Modding
Liquid Storage Pack By: Bdbssb
Excavator Liebherr 902 Pack By: BlackSheep Modding
and many more

Good man, second thread you've got locked.